CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castle Rock, Colorado Springs and Pueblo are considered eastern Co. according to my google search.

They seem more Central Colorado to me...

data=Ay5GWBeob_WIPLDYoIWcfVXxvZu9XwJ55OX7Ag,-GdVg2mf1JotgqPCoWrdv1S8IZUJgOCfz8VdTPU7feXntk_Q-QuZJe9BpiGHKsq-k1nykb56tvXbtKueVwkKlGqGBse5molS1vTVfWntGHix91n0Y2fSwyLnlLqFlyk6rlkqyWk1jSAyh6XFx62KOlW1KlWCSwxtmakzMOPok5cV4Jlat5Lua7xFSsziLg

I guess if there is no Central Colorado, than they would be Eastern Colorado...but they are still hours away from the border with Kansas.

data=Ay5GWBeob_WIPLDYoIWcfVXxvZu9XwJ55OX7Ag,-GdVg2mf1JotgqPCoWrdv1S8IZUJgOCfz8VdTPU7feXntk_Q-QuZJe9BpiGHKsq-k1nykb56tvXbtKueVwkKlGqGBse5molS1vTVfWntGHix91n0Y2fSwyLnlLqFlyk6rlkqyWk1jSAyh6XFx62KOlW1KlWCSwxtmakzMOPok5cV4Jlat5Lua7xFSsziLg

I guess if there is no Central Colorado, than they would be Eastern Colorado...but they are still hours away from the border with Kansas.

So possibly the area searched could be North of Durango and west of Pueblo, maybe towards the Grand Junction area

Thank you for your participation in the search thread! :cheer:

A decision has been made to open a mini forum in the Hot Cases area for Dylan! :woohoo: We should be rolling with it either today or tomorrow. If we get any breaking news in the meantime, please grab the nearest mod and make sure they know!

:grouphug:

FYI Only - please continue the search discussion.

I agree but that's what popped-up when I did a general Google search for Eastern Colorado.

Ransom had a post in the last thread that I know said Lemon for sure and I think it also said Horsehead but I can't remember specifically Navajo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9023174&postcount=621"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44[/ame]

350 people, including more than 260 resident volunteers, participated in Saturday’s continuing search for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. The organized searches focused on County Roads 240 and 501 and the areas around Lemon and Vallecito reservoirs.

snipped

In addition to the searchers on foot along the paved roads or other routes, additional searchers were on horses and all-terrain vehicles, especially in the more difficult areas around Lemon and Vallecito, Phippen said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan--

A helicopter from the San Juan County (N.M.) Sheriff’s Office searched area lakes in La Plata County Tuesday afternoon. Those lakes included Vallecito, Lemon, Haviland Lake, Lake Nighthorse, and Electra Lake.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1098

Castle Rock, Colorado Springs and Pueblo are considered eastern Co. according to my google search.

Is ER in Colorado Springs? Could the article possibly be referring to a routine search done at her home?

eta: nevermind, I'm sure they would have done that much earlier on in the investigation.

Does anyone remember where the family of MR lived that he talked about going to for Thanksgiving?

Is ER in Colorado Springs? Could the article possibly be referring to a routine search done at her home?

eta: nevermind, I'm sure they would have done that much earlier on in the investigation.

Does anyone remember where the family of MR lived that he talked about going to for Thanksgiving?

Castle Rock

Wow really? I would not consider anything on the I25 corridor to be eastern. Generally I think of Rocky Ford, La Junta, Lamar, and then up north places like Bennett, Strasburg, Julesburg, Sterling, Holly....

ETA: maybe it's a locals thing, but I can't think of anyone that would classify anything west of I25 as eastern Colorado. That strip between I25 and the mountains is called the Front Range. West side of the mountains is called Western Colorado or Western Slope. Durango falls into what I've always called the 4 Corners area. Very interesting. And as usual, completely ambiguous.

I've seen her listed as being in Monument which is actually a bit north of Castle Rock.

MR's brother lives in Castle Rock. He mentioned it when they were discussing their Thanksgiving Plans.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/25/missing-colorado-dylan-redwine/1725155/
November 25, 2012
WATCH the video ---- mark at :30 seconds (both parents are searching)
(from news 9)

About 200 people searched without success for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine who was reported missing Monday.

Saturday's search included members of La Plata Search & Rescue, three search dogs, the La Plata Mounted Patrol, and a helicopter. The searches will resume Sunday.

snipped

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was there helping with my family. Kids were on the way back to college and we (DH, me, kids) assisted. I saw MR and then ER with MH - at different times. This is when I got so confused as to the ex-husband. I was :waitasec:

Since the article didn't list the search area, I am not comfortable saying.

Thanks Kimster and NB for pointing me down here! What would I do without you guys!?!?!

sarx good to see you

question re the Bloodhound that K-9 forensics had with them

( you may have already answer somewhere here)

Would the Bloodhound be able to pick up Dylan's scent from the backpack, or clothes in it, after so much time passed?

I had similar thought last night falling asleep. A panicked reason who did something unintentionally should act differently than some one who planned for months. A sick thrill-seeker might consider a body differently than someone else. IMO.

Also there's a line in the article about keeping the body longer - I thought about this scum up here that had poor little Jessica under the house. What if, just a thought, the final resting place wasn't chosen until after the initial searches. Is there a possibility of a temporary storage?
BBM: That is always a possibility. Hide someone/ a body until after and area is searched, then move him/her/it to that area (good idea if you are trying to hide from someone, too).

BBM: That is always a possibility. Hide someone/ a body until after and area is searched, then move him/her/it to that area (good idea if you are trying to hide from someone, too).

Agree, although I don't think MR could do that, if responsible for Dylan's disappearance. I would think LE has him shadowed pretty much. JMO

Does anyone know if a search of the general area where Wendy's dogs hit was performed? Not the water, but in the area surrounding?

sarx good to see you

question re the Bloodhound that K-9 forensics had with them

( you may have already answer somewhere here)

Would the Bloodhound be able to pick up Dylan's scent from the backpack, or clothes in it, after so much time passed?

The general consensus is No, not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member