Found Deceased CO - Eric Ashby, 31, Colorado Springs, 28 June 2017

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardener1850, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

What is going on with this so called "treasure"? Anyone?

2. Jenjen37

Jenjen37 New Member

Its called the forest fenn treasure. A rich guy hid it and only released a poem as to its whereabouts. 3 people have died looking for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

Something happened down there that day, and we just want answers," friend Dave Gambrell said.

Gambrell says Ashby moved to Colorado just to search for $2-million worth of gold and jewels, supposedly hidden in the Rocky Mountains.

Thirty-one-year-old Ashby is reportedly one of many treasure-seekers, using clues mapped out in a cryptic 2010 poem by New Mexico art dealer and collector Forrest Fenn.

Authorities say Ashby was on the Arkansas River with three other people last month when his raft capsized. While the others made it to safety, Ashby did not.

His sister Lisa Albritton tells ABC News, "Something sinister happened that day at the river and I am looking for justice for my brother."

http://6abc.com/news/friends-man-went-missing-while-searching-for-treasure/2261188/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  4. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Both found deceased:

Randy Bilyeu's thread on WS: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298606-NM-Randall-Bilyeu-54-Santa-Fe-4-January-2016

Paster Paris Wallace thread on WS: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?340765-NM-Pastor-Paris-Wallace-Espanola-14-June-2017

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

The Fenn treasure hunt was started in 2010 by Forrest Fenn, a multimillionaire who hid a treasure worth millions, the “Today” show reported.

He wrote a poem in his self-published autobiography called “The Thrill of the Chase.” http://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/the-thrill-resource-page

So far Fenn has released 13 clues, nine in the poem and an additional four on his website, as to where the treasure is, or is not, located.

Two other treasure hunters died during the hunt. Paris Wallace and Randy Bilyeau were both found dead.

Officials there had asked Fenn to end the hunt before anyone else could get hurt. He has declined, telling KOAA, “Don’t look for the treasure any place where an 80-year-old man couldn’t put it.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/mi...-find-hidden-treasure/8NoX5gMJNiBzyJfolwWbPN/

7. Henry2326

Authorities believe they may have found the remains of a Colorado man who went missing last month while searching for hidden treasure.
    Friends of Eric Ashby said he was on a rafting trip with three others looking for the famous Forrest Fenn treasure, believed to be hidden somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.
    Authorities discovered a body Friday in the river, but it has not yet been identified.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...g-treasure-hunter-article-1.3371454?cid=bitly

8. Jenjen37

Jenjen37 New Member

I am in touch with his sister. There is a whole lot more going on with this case. It's just crazy. Not saying he didnt drown which I'm sure he did.

9. Henry2326

The news doesn't say much about it. Sounds like the place they all think the treasure is located is quite difficult to get to.

10. Jenjen37

Jenjen37 New Member

I don't even know if there really is a treasure. I'm leaning towards it being a hoax jmo. I think Forrest fenn likes the attention.

11. JetsFan24

JetsFan24 New Member

https://www.google.com/amp/fox21new...nfessions-of-what-happened-to-eric-ashby/amp/

Wow. Well. It sound so like he was clinging to life in a fast moving river and his friend saw him but could not help him without endangering themselves. Maybe they felt responsible. That's still no excuse to not report this incident so that's maybe a rescue team could've gotten there in time to help.

As you all have said. This stinks terribly as more than innocent neglect.

12. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

[h=1]Friend who was with missing rafter admits: “None of us could think straight”[/h]
    http://fox21news.com/2017/08/02/two...r-confessions-of-what-happened-to-eric-ashby/

13. Kip

Kip Active Member

I just can't wrap my head around this. A person you're with (whether they're a friend or not) falls into a river and not one person seeks help. I can understand them being afraid to go into a fast moving river. But not seeking help! Even if they saw Eric lose his grip on the rock, he could possibly still could have been saved. There has to be more to the story...what's there to fear about reporting a rafting accident?

14. Gardener1850

Is it just me, or do the names of the "friends" seem like fake names? JMO, but I think there was more going on than looking for a treasure. Did Eric pay these people to take him out on the river or something? It sounds like none of them knew anything about rafting safety on the river. JMO.

15. Hippononymous

Hippononymous Well-Known Member

Does one of these friends have the treasure? Did Eric??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Gardener1850

I doubt they found the treasure because it's famous and they would want everyone to know they found it. JMO.

17. Hippononymous

Hippononymous Well-Known Member

Well, maybe not if someone ended up dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Gardener1850

That's a good point. They might not want Eric's relatives to make a claim on it. But I still don't think they found it. JMO.

19. Jenjen37

Jenjen37 New Member

Jimi Booker and Becca Nies were supposedly his friends before the trip. Eric had dated Becca for a little while i think but they broke up. Jimi was a "friend" of Eric's but now is dating Jimi. The other 2 were visiting from Florida. There's also another girl but I'm not sure how she fits in or was even there. About the treasure and being paid for helping, a handwritten contract was found in his car.

20. Jenjen37

Jenjen37 New Member

But i do think the other guys look made up as well