CO - Father Accused of Nearly Killing Newborn

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Taximom, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14330771/detail.html
    COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A 23-year-old father is accused of trying to kill his 21-day-old son.

Michael Douglas was arrested on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder charges after the boy's mother rushed the baby to the emergency room of a Colorado Springs community hospital late Thursday.

The baby had a fractured skull and severe bleeding in the brain. (more at link w/pic of *******) (Am I allowed to say *******?)

2. Loading...

3. Al_B

Al_B Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are s

so sad poor baby

4. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

This is happening way too much. If this poor baby survives, there will probably be brain damage.

5. Mira

Mira Country Girl

i dont like to think what it took to fracture the skull of a 3 week old baby. the skull is still soft. ugh this makes me sick :(

6. dkitty

dkitty New Member

SOB:furious:

7. DeltaDawn

DeltaDawn Inactive

What can we do to stop this ridiculous behavior ? I feel so enraged and sad and hopeless..there is just too much of this going on with infants and small children? How in the world do we stop this type of thing? It seems like it is getting worse instead of better.

8. reb

reb New Member

I have the solution to your question-- stop having babies.

9. lavonne

lavonne New Member

It won't ever stop. Unfortunately, these people are always on the lookout for their next victim....and who are the easiest victims?

It is a crying shame, but true.

10. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

No it won't ever stop. In fact, it's getting much, much worse lately. There have been scores of raped and murdered/injured infants within the past months.

11. AfterMidnight

AfterMidnight Former Member

I wonder if infants were always abused this way but long ago it was easier to cover it up?

12. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

You're right, reb, that would be the only foolproof way to make sure it never happens again. I actually think abuse of children is less prevelant today than in the past but we still have a long way to go!

13. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

It was only a few hundred years ago that people in this country, and the entire world for that matter, led lives that were more harsh and full of pain and suffering than the average person on the street today could ever imagine. People who travelled by wagon train across this country buried their children and spouses all along the way, with no hope of ever going back to visit the graves again. I think part of what we are seeing today, is the general lack of hardship. People don't seem to know how to deal with a little aggravation or interruption in their lives anymore. So many of these type of incidents seem to involve young males who, for one reason or the other, have to take care of a new child for a short period of time - and they can't deal with it. Of course, it isn't restricted to males, look at the Trenton Duckett case for another young person who just couldn't cope. I would be interested to know how many of these people were placed on some sort of mood altering drug in their early years. I have seen children who truly were in need of medication, but for every one of them, I fear there are numerous others who are medicated because their parents don't want to deal with a child learning to control their thoughts and actions. As a society, I fear that we have provided our children with the illusion that life is always good, and you need not suffer.....and if your do suffer, or you face a problem, there is a little pill to make you feel better.

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

January 2010:

http://m.gazette.com/father-who-hit-infant-convicted-of-abuse-not-attempted-murder/article/92188

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

March 2010:

http://m.gazette.com/dad-gets-25-years-for-blow-to-head-that-left-boy-brain-damaged/article/96337

16. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

Rayemonde, O/T but I wanted to say thank you for updating so many of these cases. I've seen you doing it a lot and I've been wanting to thank you, but felt it might be weird. Today I figured I'd just do it. :)

:tyou: