GUILTY CO - Father deliberately crashed car to try to kill his toddler son, 21 August 2016

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Lucy's mom, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Lucy's mom

Lucy's mom Member

This man is SICK! I'm so happy this baby is still alive and will most likely never have to see his "father" again. I sincerely hope he gets what he deserves in prison.

"Nathan Weitzel, 29, crashed into several cars while driving at 75 miles per hour. He told investigators that he intentionally left his young son unbuckled in order to kill him. He drove into several cars at a speed of 75 miles per hour while his son was sitting in the car with him and left unbuckled. When the resident's next door neighbor dialed 911, she saw Weitzel 'hitting the child ... it looked like an elbow. It was horrifying.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-year-old-son-intentionally-crashing-car.html

2. Loading...

3. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

omg! he is so darling! :*( why???? just walk away! dead beat is better than murderer!

4. simba16

simba16 New Member

This one sounds about as dumb as guy that weeks ago tried to flush his infant child down a toilet.

5. GeeEm

GeeEm New Member

August 30, 2015
    5:11 PM

DAD ACCUSED OF INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO KILL TODDLER SON IN CAR CRASH

[​IMG]

A Colorado father has been accused of trying to kill his child by getting into a car wreck, reports CBS Denver.

[​IMG]Nathan Weitzel

Nathan Weitzel, 29, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder and several other counts in connection with the Aug. 21 crash, which resulted in the continued hospitalization of his 2-year-old son.

The child was not buckled in at the time of the crash, according to police.

According to a police affidavit, Weitzel confessed to investigators.

“I was trying to kill my son,” Weitzel said, according to police.

He allegedly said being a father was too big of a responsibility and he did not think he was man enough to raise a child. He estimated he was driving up to 75 miles per hour.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dad-acc...colorado/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=28230182

ALSO

August 9, 2016
    9:37 PM

Toddler’s Father In Crash To Police: ‘I Was Trying To Kill My Son’

Isaiah Weitzel, 2, remains at a hospital in Aurora with severe injuries. His father, Nathan Weitzel, 29, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder.
    “I was trying to kill my son,” Weitzel told investigators.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/isaiah-nathan-weitzel-centennial-colorado/

6. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Why do we call ourselves the most intelligent species on earth?

Poor little Isaiah, get better soon!

7. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Ok ... then give it to a relative to raise, hand him to CPS, whatever!
    I guess that would then mean sixteen years of child support or whatever though, and he feared that more than anything I presume.

8. Daephine

Daephine New Member

In the first article it already says that he shares custody with the mother because they are separated. She has Isaiah on weekdays and the father gets him on weekends. He could have just let the mother have full custody.

This is just so sad. Does it seem like there are more child abuse cases these days???

9. Oblio

Oblio Member

Or or it could be he was trying to skirt the responsibility of child support. Or punish his ex.

10. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Absolutely, totally unforgivable. What a piece of cr@p - this so-called "father" is the lowest of the low......he deserves to burn in hell. IMO

11. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Man who crashed car in attempt to kill his toddler son enters insanity plea in Arapahoe County

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/13/arapahoe-county-dad-toddler-crash-insanity-plea/

12. cvaldez1975

that poor little boy. i hope he fully recovered and is getting therapy and support.

13. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

14. Karinna

Karinna New Member

Oh wow, how horrible. Poor little boy. What a POS that calls himself a father, SMH. How can they do it? It beggars belief.

15. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

Good Lord, some people do not deserve to have children. That poor little boy.

16. cvaldez1975

he looked like he loved him at some point. drugs are bad m'kay... smh

17. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I'm wondering if this isn't a true mental illness case. He did seem to adore him. Thinking maybe he actually had a psychotic break or something. We will see I guess.

18. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Centennial man pleads guilty to trying to kill toddler son in cocaine-fueled car crash

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/08/man-guilty-toddler-son-crash/

Sentencing is currently scheduled for April 3rd.

19. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

20. mrsselig

mrsselig Member

Wow, 20 years in prison for attempted first degree murder? He admitted it was premeditated.....he took the child to a park and thought of ways to kill him? Why is this not death penalty or life without possibility of parole?

Our justice system is screwed up. I know people who committed soft white collar crimes with prison sentences longer than this POS. Anyone that harms a child is scum that doesn't deserve any rights - just my opinion. I'll just shut-up now.

21. cvaldez1975

death penalty is only issued when someone dies. the child didn't die. as horrible as the whole case was, it wasn't a capital case.