CO Father of missing baby 25 years ago reaches out to parents of baby Lisa

Probably not a great idea to just show up at the door.He maybe should have contacted the media, and offered his services before travelling from Colorado. But, he does sound like a great resource..... MOO

I agree liz b. He could be a great resource. I like your idea of how to contact.

Have to admit I open my door to no one unless they are known to me and they have called me first, and I don't have a missing child. I don't trust LE as I was married to a cop, not a good one, and my job gives me even more insight to things as such. So I would be a bit wary of LE or even Ex-LE. In this situation, I would speak to absolutely no one but my lawyer, I would be way to suspicious and way to afraid. But that is just me.

This is Christopher's sister. I will try to clarify what I can. My Parents feel compelled to help after what they experienced. My Dad is a resource of information for them and can even help guide them. We know firsthand it is possible to have your baby kidnapped from their crib while sleeping, unbelievable as it is. We know what it is like to be accused of doing something to your child, and you didn't. We know what it is like being thrown into the media with every word you say critiqued and dealing with inacurate reporting. We know now the investigative side. We know how to deal with LE. Until you've walked in those shoes, you can not judge. But unfortunately this is what they've been dealt.

The family member who answered the door didn't give him a chance to talk, so I am certain that the parents didn't know who was extending help. My father is going to reach out to them again today.

Your story is heartbreaking and your dad doing these things to me, gives what happened to your family meaning. I hope you understand what I mean by that. He turned something so negative into helping others which is so positive. On saying that..

If it were a family member that opened the door, i still have to say it adds up that the family was involved. The whole family knows something. If it were an aunt/uncle that answered the door, dont you want your niece found, if it were a grandparent, well dont you want your granddaugter found, cousin etc.. it doesnt matter. Any help would be so appreciated if this were me. They are taking help from an unknown wealthy person in Florida (hey, they could be taking help from kidnapper himself, though I dont believe in the kidnapping theory) but they wont take help from someone sincere like your dad. I hope he gets through to them.

Excellent! Tell him to keep on trying even if he has to talk to them through the press. I think the cases are very similar and I think it was a girl outside the home that took this baby.

Especially when you consider JI's "Cheating wives" comment. Read Christophers case and that comment has you going.....holy cow! I wonder if JI had an ahem, married admirer that was jealous and vendictive as the suspect in Christopher's case.

Probably not a great idea to just show up at the door.He maybe should have contacted the media, and offered his services before travelling from Colorado. But, he does sound like a great resource..... MOO

Gil DID try to contact someone re: Baby Lisa's case here, but got nowhere, according to a post from his daughter, and so decided to make the trip from Colorado.

His daughter, denalves, is posting on more than one thread in this forum, and I cannot recall which one contained that information, but I read it here this morning.

MOO.

Gil DID try to contact someone re: Baby Lisa's case here, but got nowhere, according to a post from his daughter, and so decided to make the trip from Colorado.

His daughter, denalves, is posting on more than one thread in this forum, and I cannot recall which one contained that information, but I read it here this morning.

MOO.

It is on this thread.. You only have to go back to like page 2 here I think. It should be easy to find for anyone that would like to read it. Great insight she gave. She also said her dad was going to try again today. Lets see what happens, if he gets no where, i say they need to make an arrest. JMO

Especially when you consider JI's "Cheating wives" comment. Read Christophers case and that comment has you going.....holy cow! I wonder if JI had an ahem, married admirer that was jealous and vendictive as the suspect in Christopher's case.

The taking of the cellphones points to it too. That was very personal. Cellphones are an extension of people now days. They are like a 3rd party in domestic and illicit affairs cases. They are a part of a person and their behavior.

denalves
Thank you so much for sharing your story. Blessing to your father for trying to help.

JMHO- I would think someone in the extended family could do a google search and find out who they are dealing with before making any decisions regarding help.

Having someone with as much knowledge as Mr. Abeyta scares this family. I hate to imply anything but I think they are hiding something.

I am hoping that this gets bumped up because I assume while i was out all day today that nothing came of this, and the family refused to meet with him. How sad for them, how sad for Gil ( I believe his name is) and how sad mostly for Baby Lisa because I really feel that this man would and and could have helped in some way. Well, God Bless this man for coming all the way to MO to help. There is a special place for people like him. If the family isnt going to thank him I will.

Bless him for wanting to help and I hope he still can. It would probably have been a good idea to contact the family and make an appointment before traveling out of state.

Hope both Christopher and Lisa are found soon.

ahhh...the family that takes the time to put cards on trees in front of news cameras, but doesn't have time to search for Baby Lisa, or even plea for her return? The same family that turns away Gil Abeyta who could possibly help in the search for their daughter?

Their behaviour is really quite telling to me, and I won't be happy until one or more of them is arrested!

Just my opinion.

Mel

ahhh...the family that takes the time to put cards on trees in front of news cameras, but doesn't have time to search for Baby Lisa, or even plea for her return? The same family that turns away Gil Abeyta who could possibly help in the search for their daughter?

Their behaviour is really quite telling to me, and I won't be happy until one or more of them is arrested!

Just my opinion.

Mel

:gthanks:
That entire card hanging thing didn't impress me either. let's just say I agree with your post.

imo

I am hoping that this gets bumped up because I assume while i was out all day today that nothing came of this, and the family refused to meet with him. How sad for them, how sad for Gil ( I believe his name is) and how sad mostly for Baby Lisa because I really feel that this man would and and could have helped in some way. Well, God Bless this man for coming all the way to MO to help. There is a special place for people like him. If the family isnt going to thank him I will.

I truly don't mean to be disrespectful...but My Goodness! There's no way to know if the family thanked him or not. I doubt that they would mean to hurt his feelings for a sincere offer of help.

There may be a valid reason for declining his offer. No one on the outside of this case really has any idea about what's going on.

Just my opinion.

Mel

They did make pleas for her return.

I truly don't mean to be disrespectful...but My Goodness! There's no way to know if the family thanked him or not. I doubt that they would mean to hurt his feelings for a sincere offer of help.

There may be a valid reason for declining his offer. No one on the outside of this case really has any idea about what's going on.

Exactly, so why the constant defending of this family. No one knows if they harmed baby Lisa or not.

imo

ps. Many people feel turning away Chris's dad is nothing more than a huge red flag.

:gthanks:

Your story is heartbreaking and your dad doing these things to me, gives what happened to your family meaning. I hope you understand what I mean by that. He turned something so negative into helping others which is so positive. On saying that..

If it were a family member that opened the door, i still have to say it adds up that the family was involved. The whole family knows something. If it were an aunt/uncle that answered the door, dont you want your niece found, if it were a grandparent, well dont you want your granddaugter found, cousin etc.. it doesnt matter. Any help would be so appreciated if this were me. They are taking help from an unknown wealthy person in Florida (hey, they could be taking help from kidnapper himself, though I dont believe in the kidnapping theory) but they wont take help from someone sincere like your dad. I hope he gets through to them.

If one member of your family is already missing wouldn't you be leery of letting a stranger into your house?

They did make pleas for her return.

Yes, I know. Have they made a plea this week? I don't see anything past 10/6. It's now the 14th.

10/5/2011
Begged for baby to be dropped off somewhere safe.

On the 7th she said a lot of things, yet none of them included "please return my baby" (though she did say we just want our daughter home).

This is not okay with me. If there are other pleas that are recent (like this week), I'd be most interested.

Kind thanks,

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member