Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

I don’t think extreme speculation about what she did to him vs she hit him too hard and feared taking blame are the only choices.

Honestly, we have no evidence of anything, only LE does, and they’re not talking. We do know that she’s a liar, she was abusive in the video/audio that she stupidly displayed, Gannon was very distressed in reaction to her disturbing behavior in that video, and she has consistently been self-centric and devoid of emotion in response to the absence of Gannon.

These behaviors don’t strike me as new or acute reactions to having gone too far in a single case of abuse (that then led to killing him?) They strike me as an extension of behavior and thought that was already present, and is likely part of a picture of a psychological abuser who was hostile toward this child well before that day.

Losing control and being fearful of being exposed doesn’t transform a person into what we’ve seen. She’s a callous individual who lacks a conscience, and it led her to commit murder, then smugly refuse to allow Gannon to be returned to his family for a dignified burial. If she was scared before, what must her fear of Murder in the first degree be? Yet she’s not giving in. JMO

2. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

Well that’s correct, but abuse doesn’t necessarily mean planned murder. The death can result from it, but the abuse doesn’t necessarily need to have the intention of death. I think, if that’s the scenario, the abuse led to critical injuries, but the first degree murder charge is likely because she decided to end his life rather than get him help. That decision was the turning part for the murder charge/premeditation, vs the abuse IMO. Basically, I don’t believe he died as a direct result of the abuse. I think something else happened on top of it, the next day, that ended his life. I don’t think she planned on her abuse critically injuring him, and I think that’s where the “accident” terminology is coming from.

Blue Ridge, TRB, PKnopf and 9 others like this.
  3. SSGAma

SSGAma Well-Known Member

We live in a society that rewards emotional abusers. I've met really good LEOs, Judges, social workers along the way but they were all exceptions. I'm thankful for the righteous souls who work in the system or none of us would ever see justice. Physical abuse needs to be redefined.

PTSD is a physiological brain injury detectable by imaging scans that shrinks the grey matter and cuts deep grooves into severing otherwise healthy receptors resulting in nervous system disorders which control our body like a main computer. Auto immune disease is directly related to emotional abuse in medical studies.

The system failed our family in an extreme way. All that hasn't happened yet is a death. Every day in fear of him having an episode. My child was hospitalized within the last month again under his care for a preventable reason. But 6x isn't enough for them.

Do I worry all the time? So much that for years I was paralyzed awake at night with uncontrollable grief or seizures. I fully understand the terror Landen has already experienced that the world has only caught a momentary glimpse of. I'm not saying authorities or family or society failed her and Gannon. I'm saying we're seeing the result of ignoring signs of abuse and can educate ourselves and step in to protect mothers and children. They need advocates. We need advocates before another hashtag happens.

4. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

Very good point.

5. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

ITA
    A 5 week long investigation leading to her arrest on these charges and untold hours of the crime scene lab collecting evidence and Lord knows what else that we haven’t heard yet. IMO there’s no debating it.
    I keep remembering the FBI agent at the press conference saying that
    they have concluded that it’s murder “as a result of foul play.”

The dictionary says:
    Foul play is criminal violence or activity that results in a person's death.

6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

People v. Stauch: Defendant will appear for video advisement today at 1:30 pm El Paso County @KOAA has the pool camera.

Rob McCallum on Twitter

If you follow reporters on Twitter, you’re going to want to follow this guy too. He’s the court public information officer.

Faebray, Sunny123, NoSI and 32 others like this.
  7. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

DBM (duplicate)

MassGuy, Kyte and sleuther0192837465 like this.
  8. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

Oh YAY Please tell me this advisement will be LIVE??!!! MOO

9. Owl4

Owl4 Well-Known Member

If grease haired TS is to be seen today at 130 pm what time is it now in Colorado?

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

But apparently she could be traced by the watch? Wasn't that established, or did it disappear? I don't think we know that yet.
    Do you think he wasn't already badly hurt when they left that day? Do you think that she intentionally started to murder him in the house, and actually got him in the truck to finish him off?

Hard for me to consider that form of evil where she would put him in the truck with a plan to murder him. With the Watts case I was the last to be convinced that it was indeed planned way ahead of time. Which eventually came from the horses mouth.

So for now I have to stick with a reaction from her gone horribly wrong, as a result of some trigger that Sunday night. Then deterioration overnight, with his dying in the truck between her errands.

11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Malice forethought doesn't either, sadly cos I reckon her action was #loaded.
    Truth is that we can only guess at her motives.
    In many peer reviewed and cited papers a motive of revenge is frequently an aspect in filicide cases.
    I'm using the word filicide even though she was not a biological parent, she considered herself as one.. TV interview.. 'how Gannon loved having 3 parents'

Child murder by mothers: patterns and prevention

In this article REVENGE is discussed
    An Overview of Filicide

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this was an accidental killing in all we know so far.
    His body remains unfound.
    No remorse.
    No regret.

I will not contribute to a defense for her based upon no evidence.
    The child is dead.
    She refuses to disclose the dead child's location.
    Is that an accident?
    No, it most certainly is not.
    Nor was his death, IMO

12. Ur728

Ur728 Well-Known Member

12:20 pm

13. LeBlack

LeBlack Well-Known Member

The problem is that for every case of real abuse there are several more accusations with nothing behind it. So now they're going hard on spouses that make accusations without ENOUGH witnesses and ENOUGH backing evidence. If you're being abused and controlled, where do you hide the evidence until your escape? It's a catch 22 for a lot of families.

14. JTR1973

JTR1973 Fierce Mama Bear

12:20

Bravo, Kyte, Warwick7 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rprp1021

Rprp1021 Well-Known Member

@MassGuy does this mean we will be able to see unsealed information as well do you think?

16. Owl4

Owl4 Well-Known Member

Thank you

17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Who leaves their phone at home when they leave the house for any length of time, let alone 4 hours?

I don’t believe she abused him with the intent of killing him, rather, I believe she abused him and realized she had to kill him to cover it up.

When they left that morning, she knew only one of them would be coming back.

I don’t think this was planned days in advance, but hours in advance.

18. Brit

Brit Well-Known Member

I agree about the phone. I also think there is possible video of her loading items into that truck, would also lead to the premeditation
    I suggest you read up on the Thomas valva case and see exactly how much evidence that mother had. It’s disturbing really. There were over 20 cps reports, by the school of severe neglect, physical abuse and emotional abuse that were ignore by the LE and the family court system.

19. reeseeva

reeseeva Well-Known Member

I believe her Attorney has to request it first. I’m sure @MassGuy will know.

Bluepopsicle, AnnaGrace, Kyte and 2 others like this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

12:25 in Colorado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.