Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3
Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7
Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21
Thread #22 Thread #23
Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31

Thread #32

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL ND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

It is against Websleuths TOS to be rude toward or personalize against members, whether individually or collectively.

Differing opinions are welcome at WS, but they should be based on some known fact from MSM or LE rather than simply making accusations (whether against members, neighbours, or LE) with no facts to substantiate.

Please do not name call or ridicule members for strongly anticipating a negative outcome in this case when, after 7,000 investigative hours, there is still no sign of Gannon being alive. Websleuths members have a lot of collective wisdom, knowledge and experience in these types of scenarios. Common sense tell members that Dan May does not show up for a runaway kid, LE does not have crime lab techs going through a house or LE digging endlessly through snowbanks if they think, or are wanting the public to think, they are looking for a live runaway.

Thanks.

The True Crime Society blog is not an approved source. There is info there that has already been discounted by LE.

Please stick to MSM or WS approved sources. If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Thanks.

The following post by CocoChanel has been contained in the opening posts of every single thread since THREAD #13. We are now at Thread #32.

PLEASE READ THIS and "Like" this post to indicate you have read it !!

I’m now genuinely confused. Once LS was arrested, a mod came in and said her fb and things posted from her Facebook were fair game.

I understand other fb info, rumors, etc..are not allowed, and I cannot go back and search the previous threads-but I know for sure a mod said sleuthing LS and LS Facebook was fair game now that she was arrested.

I thought I was 100% clear on the rules, not sleuthing family members, etc...but now I am super lost.

Last edited:
Stauch's next court hearing is at 4 p.m. on March 11 for a first appearance before a judge where she will formally be charged.

Might we find out probably cause on Wednesday?
I think that is unlikely.
It could be quite some time because defense have requested everything but have agreed to seal it from public, from everyone but themselves.

Stauch's next court hearing is at 4 p.m. on March 11 for a first appearance before a judge where she will formally be charged.

Might we find out probably cause on Wednesday?

It’s certainly possible. I think it all depends on whether the prosecution drops their objection to its release, as we know where the defense stands.

I imagine there could be a response filed by the prosecution by as early as Monday.

DST BEGINS TONIGHT...DON'T FORGET TO SPRING FORWARD!

5478.gif
I prefer to fall back, but I have no choice!

Her FB was open to the public intermittently for 3 weeks, lots of us saw things there - but now it's shut, and we can't provide a link, so that content must also be off limits.

Darn it. I missed all that. I found this site looking for a cold case near me and then found Gannon's story and fell in deep! I wish I could have seen the things LS posted. I did watch the video and it made my blood run cold. I knew at that moment in my heart that she killed him.

I should have quoted the post. There’s a post with a remark about that claim. I saw the claim as well in the last couple of days.
BBM
TIMELINE:

January 27: Gannon's stepmom, Letecia, reports Gannon missing. Letecia reportedly told investigators that Gannon was last seen that afternoon as he left to go to a friend's house. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office labeled Gannon as a "runaway" child.

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect. As part of our fact-checking process, Chief Investigative Reporter Eric Ross reached out to Jacqueline Kirby, the media relations manager for the El Paso County Sheriff's Office along with Sergeant Deborah Mynatt, a spokesperson for the office.

"We will not be confirming any information that you have in your email," Kirby said. "This is an active ongoing investigation in the search for an 11-year-old boy. Any information prematurely released that has not been confirmed by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office would greatly hinder this investigation and would be very irresponsible journalism."

January 30: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office decided to upgrade the investigation to a "missing and endangered child" case.

January 31: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office publicly asks for volunteers to register with their Incident Command team to coordinate search areas.

February 1: Children in Gannon's Lorson Ranch neighborhood come together to pray for Gannon's safe return.

February 2: Gannon's neighbor, Roderick Drayton releases surveillance video which reportedly shows Gannon's stepmom, Letecia, leaving with Gannon and then returning home without him. This video contradicts the initial statements Letecia reportedly made to investigators.

February 3: Investigators from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and crime lab technicians were spotted searching for evidence at the Stauch family home.

February 5: Gannon's father and biological mother release an emotional video plea for information related to Gannon's disappearance. This video plea was shared by local news outlets and the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

February 28: Court records show investigators sought an arrest warrant for Letecia Stauch, Gannon's stepmom.

March 2: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office announced the arrest of Letecia Stauch.
TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest

The latest timeline published (the Gazette I believe) says MSM was notified on 1/29 that foul play was suspected. If they suspected foul play on Monday night, then they should have had her under surveillance. She should not have been able to jump up Tuesday morning and head to an airport if she was already a POI and they thought foul play was involved. Much less rent a car and go tooling about for at least one tankful (350-400 miles) .

I think it is Albert's arrival and what he told police that made them join in a "foul play" scenario, specifically:

1) What was missing from the house (besides Gannon)
2) What Gannon's phone revealed
3) Various things said by TS to AS in the past
4) Anything unusual in the house (such as recently replaced items)
5) Whether TS was acting suspiciously (gone all day on Tuesday?)
6) Whether TS was every violent with the kids in the past
7) And..if they shared an iCloud account, whether there were any recent pictures or videos of GS (whereupon of course, the infamous video from FB would show up - which AS may have already seen via messenger anyway).

I'm sure there's more. If TS was in fact out driving around in a rental while AS talked to police (both parents gave interviews to the police on Tuesday - Landen's is reported to have lasted late into the night). TS had misidentified a boy's picture at a convenience store not far from their home; Landen says it's not her son. LE believe Landen (and probably AS) and realize TS is lying. If TS isn't around the house to answer any questions (if she's gone all Tuesday night, in her rental car), that's pretty damning.

It's on Wednesday that LE apparently told MSM that it suspected "foul play" (but obviously chose to run with a different narrative for the purposes of getting more evidence on TS).

This timeline from EPSCO has Major Crimes taking responsibility of the case on Tues 1/28 at 12:29 PM.

Twitter

It may be standard procedure to have MCU handle runaway child cases, but I doubt it.

Edit: sorry, that timeline just says Investigative Division, but this other press release specifically says MCU took the case on 1/28.

Arrest Made in Gannon Stauch Case

MSM cooperated by not using the term, but as soon as the arrest was made, KOAA published its own timeline of what it knew when, stating:

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect.

So while we, the public, did not know this, KOAA knew it and decided not to publish this at the time. LE was maintaining publicly that it was not a criminal case, and while KOAA says it knew that LE suspected foul play on the 29th, they stayed quiet to aid the investigation.

This means that some LE were suspecting TS on the 29th, which was the point a couple of us were discussing above. If they suspected her on the 27th, they did a poor job of keeping her under surveillance. I believe it was only after talking to AS and LH that they realized what exactly they were dealing with (and what had happened in the home).

I think this suspicion came up on the 28th, when she rented a car and failed to stay at the family home while AS and LH were arriving, giving interviews, and wanting, more than anything, to ask TS a boatload of questions.

IOW, "they" maintained that it was not a criminal case to us, but some LE gave MSM a different story.
I think MSM is the last place LE would look to share anything they don’t want made public. What would be the point? We’ve seen how the media decided not to publish and then published. After they went beating on doors in the neighborhood and went to the work place of RD.

I should have quoted the post. There’s a post with a remark about that claim. I saw the claim as well in the last couple of days.

Although, as noted above, the FBI may not have been so certain on day 2-3.

Thankyou for your input. I did lean towards Bipolar because of the manic side not so much the depressive side. She most definitely has something though and I reckon she has been medicated for whatever it is and then stopped taking her meds. The change in her behaviour is phenomenal.
I'm really anti diagnosing people we don't know with diseases we know something about.
She might just be an evil baaad batch.
They do exist and fill every kind of psych criteria, the seven deadly sins and every devil in hell's criteria. Sometimes all at the same time...

BBM
I don’t think this happened. This, as I recall, recently appeared in a post about someone who allegedly knew someone in LE that said someone in LE said...

It's been reported. KOAA is standing behind it (and clearly, they've had some inside information all along) I trust the reporter on this one. They were asked to stay quiet and the FBI apparently acquiesced because it fit whatever game plan they had.

But, inside LE, they knew.

It was not a "post," it's in our Media thread. It was a tip that the news agency thought was verified. I'll leave it at that. But it's definitely not a post - it's MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong