Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if she actually went to the sports store? Surely they would have cameras.

I have doubts she did. The way she worded it..she doesn't confirm she did go there. ''the plan was to go talk to someone ABOUT the Play it Again Sports..''

This is what TS said in the recorded call.
''--the reason we went that way was because we were going to go talk to someone about the Play it Again Sports and about the bike.''

Could be she's nervous about the Petco visits because as far as we can conclude,
It wasn't GPS pings but that she was recognised by a staff member who came forward to LE,
who then, I imagine located the any camera footage of her from Petco.
Maybe even the carpark area?
TS certainly did NOT tell LE she had been there regardless of what she claims.

So what if she's evading this subject because Gannon was in the car on the first visit
And absent on the second
..?
BBM-- Right !!
SO--- what is the TIME FRAME between those 2 Petco visits?
where did she go during that time ?
Do we at least know the time frame ??

Letecia Stauch to make 1st appearance in courtroom Wednesday for stepson's murder

SABBM:

Mynatt reminds the public that no matter how passionate they may feel, signs, outbursts, and any kind of communication attempt with Stauch is expressly forbidden.

"Have professional decorum: that means no signage, no yelling; there is absolutely no communicating with inmates whatsoever when they are in court, and if you do those type of things, you will be asked to leave immediately and you might even face charges depending on the situation, depending on the judge’s decision.”

Phones are also not permitted.

"If you are lucky enough to be afforded a seat in that courtroom ... remember not to have any cell phones, not to have any recording devices whatsoever.”

Mynatt says the judge is considering changing to a larger courtroom that can hold more people, but even so, depending on how many people show up, many will not get a seat.

Last edited:
Could be she's nervous about the Petco visits because as far as we can conclude,
It wasn't GPS pings but that she was recognised by a staff member who came forward to LE,
who then, I imagine located the any camera footage of her from Petco.
Maybe even the carpark area?
TS certainly did NOT tell LE she had been there regardless of what she claims.

So what if she's evading this subject because Gannon was in the car on the first visit
And absent on the second..?

I have wondered if Gannon might have died in the truck while TS was at Petco. Could be why she doesn't want to talk about Petco.

Surely she would be aware of cameras in that store?

I have doubts she did. The way she worded it..she doesn't confirm she did go there. ''the plan was to go talk to someone ABOUT the Play it Again Sports..''

This is what TS said in the recorded call.
''--the reason we went that way was because we were going to go talk to someone about the Play it Again Sports and about the bike.''
So who is this person she was going to talk to about PIAS? Did she in fact meet him/her? It sort of makes me think it was a male if it happened. It bolsters my idea of passing off his body to be disposed of by somebody else.

Thundershirts weigh how much? They are sold at Petco.
How about 3 of them?
How about the fact she said she wouldn’t search bodies of water? I don’t want to go there but is anyone else thinking about this?
I am thinking about it. Since TS said that she wouldn't, then I would. And the theory of her using the dog coats to hold weights to anchor him in a body of water is clever and worth exploring. LE knows exactly what TS purchased at Petco and if the items were located in the vehicle or the home. That information would appear in the affidavit.

Did any of the searches include bodies of water? Could the suspension of searches be due to frozen water? And how well does frozen water preserve a body for a ME?

Justice for Gannon!

Don't know if this has been mentioned - and I might have missed it since these threads have been going to fast.

Re the 2 dog coats that she bought - maybe she wrapped Gannon in them....

I'm thinking her first trip was to buy items related to the crime. The second trip was for something innocent like dog coats. That way she could say to LE that yes, she was there. And hand them the second receipt.

I base my thoughts on two cases. One recent one where a dog lead was used to hang two children to death. The dog lead was bought for that purpose. And another where dog food was used to attract animal activity. And then their are cleaning supplies. Particularly enzyme eating ones for bodily fluids.

BBM-- Right !!
SO--- what is the TIME FRAME between those 2 Petco visits?
where did she go during that time ?
Do we at least know the time frame ??
The rough times of the visits to Petco are out there on the internet but I cannot remember where or what they were offhand..
Maybe someone here could give us their best guesstimate..?
I think that time gap could prove to be EXTREMELY important!

BBM-- Ohhh, ,I do NOT hope she is sedated.
I want her fully alert to hear all of the charges
I want her to start blabbing and running her mouth because I don't think she can keep her mouth shut.
Let her get mouthy, blab and be held in contempt of court.
That would make my day !!!
I see your point. Then we can add hissing, roaring and foaming at the mouth, lol!

I thought about her maybe weighting down the body to hide in water or even in some kind of drainage system when TS mentioned she took sports equipment to the sports shop.

I wondered if this could be an excuse for small excerise weights being missing from the home..
TS never said what the sports equipment actually was..
Small hand weights with the dog coats to hold them maybe...?

Maybe.
But not using Thundershirts, I don't think. They are slightly stretchy and the closures are Velcro. I'd think weights heavy enough to keep the decomposing body of a child underwater would be heavy enough to pull the Velcro apart. I think dog coats would pose the same problem. They really aren't designed to be as hard as straightjackets to get out of. Many have velcro closures too because that's alot simpler to fasten on a wiggly excited dog ready to go for a walk than heavy duty snaps or buttons. I suppose putting one back to front and one front to back as a wrap might avoid the loosening. Still, that seems unnecessarily complex to me. If the plan was to use weights, why not use them inside a coat GS had on? Or in a bag with him? I just can't see TS deciding to buy dog coats for that purpose.
JMO

My fear is that they won’t find him, or if they do, the evidence of what happened to him will have been lost.

I listened to her phone conversation with the female she met on social media, and other than noticing that the Petco topic knocked her for a loop, it was her usual routine, and this is why it’s just 40 minutes I’ll never have back.

If I haven’t learned anything else about these types, it’s that they never tell an actual story. Stories have a beginning, middle and an end. It’s not complicated. LS began with a vague ending, no information or context for how why it happened, and the rest has been a distracting flinging of fragments of her head trash that she strung together on demand. The value of sifting for any truth embedded in the garbage has limited value. Thank goodness local LE and the FBI don’t have to rely on what Letecia said.

I’m glad she’s now represented, the circular nothing burger showboating is silenced, and the wheels of the justice system can start turning toward her much deserved fate.

No doubt, we all relate to the frustration of just listening to T-speak. However, I think it's likely there are unintended truths to be gleaned from those disjointed sentence fragments--particularly with unstructured interviews.

I so enjoy your Emerson quote, and it describes our perp to a "T."

Morning all Here for Gannon and hopefully he is found soon. I feel so bad for Landen Al Liana this is a parents worse nightmare. I really hope that landen can handle today seeing the step and hearing the charges I hope al can hold her back. As much as I want to read the affidavit I know it’s not going to be good.here to justice for Gannon

Maybe.
But not using Thundershirts, I don't think. They are slightly stretchy and the closures are Velcro. I'd think weights heavy enough to keep the decomposing body of a child underwater would be heavy enough to pull the Velcro apart. I think dog coats would pose the same problem. They really aren't designed to be as hard as straightjackets to get out of. Many have velcro closures too because that's alot simpler to fasten on a wiggly excited dog ready to go for a walk than heavy duty snaps or buttons. I suppose putting one back to front and one front to back as a wrap might avoid the loosening. Still, that seems unnecessarily complex to me. If the plan was to use weights, why not use them inside a coat GS had on? Or in a bag with him? I just can't see TS deciding to buy dog coats for that purpose.
JMO
Do dog coats come with their own leads on them...?
Or just loops to fasten your own lead on..?

The rough times of the visits to Petco are out there on the internet but I cannot remember where or what they were offhand..
Maybe someone here could give us their best guesstimate..?
I think that time gap could prove to be EXTREMELY important!
The first visit to Petco was around 11 if she left the house at 10:15 that means she pretty much went straight to Petco. Maybe one small stop before hand. ( its 24 min to that Petco from her house) I'm not exactly sure how long she was in Petco but the second time she arrived was around 1 p.m.. from things I read in heard which I'm not sure if it's hearsay or not I believe that the attendant mentioned that she bought an item at each visit the first time she bought something from one attendant and a second time there was a different attendant that checked her out. I heard a theory that she probably bought something to cover her tracks but she actually also stole something maybe a murder weapon or something and then when she came back to Petco she put the item she stole back. I really hope police have searched the Petco and brought their dogs into the Petco to sniff or anything that had to do with Gannon.

And remember she arrived back at home at 2:15. So it seems the Petco plays a very large part in his disappearance because there's not much time in between Petco and whatever else she could have been doing and driving back and forth from her house.

The rental car have a 955 miles on it is quite discouraging on the other hand. If she did something to his body that day and hid it temporarily, and then rented the car the next morning after she got kicked out she could have gone pick up his body and then drove it about 300 to 400 hundred miles out before she came back home.( depending on how much driving she did around town before she went on her long trek.) I would like to know if the 955 miles was a typo or not and if it wasn't then the cops have a lot of places to search in a 300 400 mile radius outside of Colorado Springs. Hopefully whoever has info and is talking knows where she possibly could have gone. They obviously have not found his body by now. That is why they are still trying to locate it I believe it's a lot farther out but I'm sure jogs probably picked up on cadaver sent in the car and possibly other items that were found along the side of the road that might have had his scent on it that she threw out the window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member