Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

The “position of trust” element of the murder charge lowers the bar prosecutors must prove to obtain a mandatory life term in prison.

Prosecutors generally must prove that someone intended to kill and deliberated for causing someone’s death. In the case of the charge against Letecia Stauch, the prosecution need only prove that she “knowingly” caused the boy’s death.

The child abuse count his the second-highest charge against her, carrying a potential penalty of up to 48 years in prison.
    Gannon's parents watch as stepmom appears in court on murder charge

hotsytotsy, zenzen, NJ Mom and 15 others like this.
  2. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

I guess this answers the question as to whether HH was there.

MOO

3. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

We know no such thing, actually.

4. Angels27

Angels27 Well-Known Member

It means they don’t think she planned it in advance, but rather knowingly facilitated his death.

Buddhagirl and DTPeke like this.
  5. mainemom376

mainemom376 Well-Known Member

My thoughts on today’s events.. in regards to L.S. Two words- Suicide. Watch. As for the deputy assigned to her-Laser. Focus. JMO

6. LeBlack

LeBlack Well-Known Member

Either is a bad choice. Guess it depends on her immune system vs her confidence in her self defense trainer (and LS guard) MOO

7. Thugwaffle1

Thugwaffle1 Well-Known Member

I think the fact that the row reserved for LS supporters was empty is quite intriguing.....even Chris Watts’ had family there. His parents were there, not supporting what he did, just supporting their child; after all they lost a child in that situation too. But for no one to come for LS, really makes me think they’re cooperating with the investigation. MOO.

Momof4RN, KaJo87, Tealgrove and 8 others like this.
  8. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Thank you! I wonder if co-council was counting her blessings to be seated away from the cough-a-thon.

gingergina, LeBlack, lgh0309 and 3 others like this.
  9. M-pathetic

M-pathetic Here for KH & GS

Touche, Teche!

Kyte, Teche, NJ Mom and 2 others like this.
  10. Angels27

Reporters monitor the police scanners 24/7/365 and they get inside info on top of that. If any searches were going on it seems they would be all over them.

SleuthBee and DTPeke like this.
  11. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

The greasy hair look is back in style though...:)

Kyte, DTPeke, I'm Just Here and 3 others like this.
  12. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

As many people that wanted to come into the courtroom and couldn’t get in, none of them were willing to sit in that row.

13. SuperSloth(Sp?)

SuperSloth(Sp?) Active Member

Oh wasn't Jose Baez picking Laura up and bringing the lie detector results? Then they were going to pick up a bike for Al cause surely .....ok I cant continue.

14. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

They were ‘good to go’ so they got up and went.

15. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

The search efforts to date were all on dedicated lines, not the regular search scanners.

16. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Gannon is my hero! I have followed this case hoping first to find Gannon, alive and safe, then for justice, then to view the person who was responsible-yes, the wheels are turning, and the prosecution will carry thru, but I hope the public defense team, also does their job. leaving no opening for appeals, etc. I do find a bit of poetic justice in her career choice, will be very difficult to deny knowing the consequences of her actions w/ regard to her Gannon... tonite I am going to take a long hot shower w/lots of shampoo, scented soap, soft towel and celebrate... the gamover, Letecia...no rematch!!...GANNON is my hero!

17. Angels27

It’s very risky especially if they need a unanimous verdict in first phase just to get a conviction. Which I doubt they’ll get if DP is on table. Also I doubt they would vote unanimously for DP in the penalty phase. And even if they did, none of those cases will end in death, as they’ll all be rescinded anyway.

18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

It isn’t though, that’s my point. If a juror opposes the death penalty, there is still absolutely no reason to hang the jury in the guilt phase.

That’s because all they have to do is reject the death penalty in the penalty phase. Both have to be unanimous in Colorado.

Regardless, I can’t imagine the death penalty being put on the table here. It has no teeth anyways.

This ain’t Texas.

Sunny123, Novalee, Momof4RN and 30 others like this.
  19. Angels27

yeah, I don’t think she burned him either. But she did something where he cannot be found and The State and family seem to know a lot more at this point than public, as was evidenced in their faces at last presser. It’s that thing that will get a jury to convict her. She may have pushed him off cliff, left him tied up to die, etc. yeah, so I guess it’s not what she did after death (I misspoke) but rather what she did after she inflicted the initial blow and he was already very ill/injured.

20. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

LS behaved herself in court today because she didn't want the judge be mad at her.

CalmSeas, KaJo87, Buddhagirl and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.