Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still did not find anything wrong with their demeanor and don’t see how even LH and AS would find issue. They weren’t popping jokes. They were friendly, polite and courteous. They were businesslike and doing their job.
Well, maybe it's a case of the PD being comfortable in their job and work environment...

...while at the same time not taking in to account that the parents of a murdered child were sitting only a few feet from the defense table and quite likely were not in a mood to be hearing work-environment jostling and grins.

Quite frankly, IMO, it showed a lack of awareness. The parents (victims) shouldn't have to adjust themselves to the displayed behavior of the people defending the very person accused of murdering their child; the attorneys should remain aware of the severity of the crime and adjust themselves to the sensitivities of the victims. After all, they're supposed to be the "professionals" in the room.

Aren’t there higher charges for tampering with a human body? Isn’t there desecration or something? Does this charge tell us anything about what she didn’t do?

And did anyone actually hear the charges read today, or did she waive her right to the reading?

Ha! I actually started to write a post addressing this, but I agree with you.

This was a nothing hearing, involving people experienced with murder trials. This wasn’t a wake, and it wasn’t a funeral.

It’s a legal process. I couldn’t care less if her lawyers chewed gum or lit up a joint at this stage.

I almost feel like I watched a different hearing than most of the folks commenting lol. I didn't notice anything disrespectful from them. Nothing wrong with a few smiles... that's just like, normal human interaction. It's almost automatic because it's just how we nonverbally express civility. It's not like they were smiling while directly discussing his death or another inappropriate time. I don't see how they were ever "joking around."

Gannon’s father, Al Stauch, asked for it to be released “to take the spotlight away from the court appearance of Leticia Stauch and focus on remembering the life of Gannon.”

The video is a tribute to the life of Gannon with a series of photos of him from when he was a baby up until recently. There will also be a small written statement by his father, Al.

The tribute will be released on Restoration Church’s Facebook page at 4 p.m.

Here is a look back at the investigation into Gannon’s Disappearance.

Tribute video of Gannon released to deteriorate spotlight from Leticia Stauch

eta: Please click copy link to play it forward to anyone and everyone who will listen. ❤️

So many Wonderful Memories..The photos with His Sister OMGosh :)

How dare she! On so many levels...How could she? :mad:

I will never forget You Gannon...The brightest Star!

I almost feel like I watched a different hearing than most of the folks commenting lol. I didn't notice anything disrespectful from them. Nothing wrong with a few smiles... that's just like, normal human interaction. It's almost automatic because it's just how we nonverbally express civility. It's not like they were smiling while directly discussing his death or another inappropriate time. I don't see how they were ever "joking around."
I mean, watch a televised trial, you’ll have some laughing and joking there too.

If you deal with this sort of thing long enough, I think you need to have a sense of humor.

Who cares?! As long as she gets a solid defense, and she gets sent away for life.

I just watched and the difference between the professionalism of the prosecutor versus the defense attorneys is palpable. They need to clean it up! I can’t fathom why they chose to present themselves in such a manner! Sorry, but I am triggered by this and had to vent. There is no way I would be talking to TS like that during the hearing either - she can wait! Sometimes it may be necessary at a trial or substantive motion hearing to confer instead of listening, but I can’t imagine a valid need for it today, it was all too bizarre...MOO....

I think the PD's are very nervous about managing their client. They need to model (like 1st grade teachers) how the world is safe, and by being super-cheerful, they are hoping to offset TS's anger and keep her from acting out in court. This is a lot of people's response to scary people (TS is definitely scary, she's a child murderer, she has no remorse).

They'll learn to deal with her better (and I bet they look at the video and feel a little cringe, themselves).

The fact that absolutely no private criminal defense attorney is involved is quite striking. I don't think El Paso County is going to shift major resources into TS's defense - she'll get what the average murder suspect gets. But she's way scarier to her attorneys that some defendants, as they've had to be alone with her.

Last edited:
I think the PD's are very nervous about managing their client. They need to model (like 1st grade teachers) how the world is safe, and by being super-cheerful, they are hoping to offset TS's anger and keep her from acting out in court. This is a lot of people's response to scary people (TS is definitely scary, she's a child murderer, she has no remorse).

They'll learn to deal with her better (and I bet they look at the video and feel a little cringe, themselves).

The fact that absolutely no private criminal defense attorney is involved is quite striking. I don't think El Paso County is going to shift major resources into TS's defense - she'll get what the average murder suspect gets. But she's way scarier to her attorneys that some defendants, as they've had to be alone with her.

I won’t be surprised if she gets a high profile attorney in the coming months.

The inmate's uniform she's has on is a florescent color help's if she attempts to run. She's attempted to escape police custody before, there is no reason why she wouldn't try it again. I wouldn't care if the guards had to use deadly force on her. First she needs to reveal the location where Gannon is buried. Gannon's family then can give him a proper burial
Otherwise, I wouldn't care less what happens to her. As long she's behind bars for the rest of her miserably life. Inmates hate child killers.

My mother's wisdom was to always hold my head high when I'm at my lowest. To Gannon's Mom keep strong and hold your head up high!
This is worth repeating:

"The inmate's uniform she's has on is a florescent color help's if she attempts to run. She's attempted to escape police custody before, there is no reason why she wouldn't try it again. I wouldn't care if the guards had to use deadly force on her. First she needs to reveal the location where Gannon is buried. Gannon's family then can give him a proper burial
Otherwise, I wouldn't care less what happens to her. As long she's behind bars for the rest of her miserably life. Inmates hate child killers."

Agreed! She was also sat where she was sitting, along with a guard towering over her, because she attacked a sheriff's deputy.

Is she kept shackled while meeting with her attorneys? I mean, she murdered a child and attacked LE during transport. She's violent and unpredictable. I would sure feel uncomfortable being in a room alone with her. Unless I was allowed to be packing!

I’ve seen this commented on quite a bit. The court appointed defense attorneys have a working relationship with all the judges in the district. If this was a trial, their behavior would be different. This was a hearing where basically them, the judge and prosecutor were talking about logistics, like a meeting. I found nothing wrong with their behavior. I thought they were friendly and interacting with the judge the way they probably always do. Polite, courteous and friendly.

It feels as though this judgement comes from a place of hating the attorneys because they are the defense and so people are super critical.
Most of us have followed enough cases similar to this one, or even more heinous crimes, and have some expectation of how a defense attorney (even a defense attorney defending a client charged with 1st degree murder of a child) behaves in a courtroom. I've never seen a PD come across as jovial and with periods of laughter like this one did. JMO

Aren’t there higher charges for tampering with a human body? Isn’t there desecration or something? Does this charge tell us anything about what she didn’t do?

And did anyone actually hear the charges read today, or did she waive her right to the reading?

IANAL but the tampering charge is actually as severe as it gets in CO law AFAIK. It's a felony. Abuse of a corpse is actually a lesser charge (currently misdemeanor) because it doesn't involve the element of intending to hinder an investigation. I'm not aware of anything higher she could be charged with, in regards to his remains, than tampering with a deceased human body.

eta: and no, that charge doesn't give us any hints as to what she did to his body. It could be as simple as just moving his remains to another location, or as severe as dismemberment. It could be anything done to the body with the intent to hinder investigation.

Last edited:
107 search warrants, at least. I bet we could all come up with a list of dozens.

Some might be, house, SUV, truck, rental car or cars, car/plane/bus/train she took to SC, Petco, Lowe’s, whatever other store are in that plaza, HH’s car if she has one, SC family houses, multiple computers including G’s, cell phones, landlines, multiple SM accounts (where she may have complained about kids)...

Wow, 107+ is a LOT. Can u guys think of any others?

Well, some of yours are multiples. 4 vehicles impounded for search. At least 3 phones (probably more involved). Who knows how many credit cards? GPS from various devices and vehicles (I count at least 5 GPS gathering devices).

Bank statements (per each card owner, including HH, I"m sure). Telephone records probably spread rapidly like a web or a wildfire.

Multiple surveillance videos (including some that didn't pan out - like the place in Fountain).

School records X 2 at least. Medical records x 2, at least. Some of these are probably subpoenas.

They probably wanted more than one SW on the Mandan house. First one was probably a boiler plate with a couple of further known items they wanted to search, but then, probably search warrants for specific items not found on the first search (and at multiple locations).

Ultimately, they may have taken Gannon's clothing, Laina's clothing, bedding, mattresses, journals, diaries, TS's clothing, AS's clothing, and many tools. They may not have had a warrant for all those things in the beginning.

Most of all, there must have been multiple subpoenas or warrants for SM activity. Including videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member