Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Well, maybe it's a case of the PD being comfortable in their job and work environment...

...while at the same time not taking in to account that the parents of a murdered child were sitting only a few feet from the defense table and quite likely were not in a mood to be hearing work-environment jostling and grins.

Quite frankly, IMO, it showed a lack of awareness. The parents (victims) shouldn't have to adjust themselves to the displayed behavior of the people defending the very person accused of murdering their child; the attorneys should remain aware of the severity of the crime and adjust themselves to the sensitivities of the victims. After all, they're supposed to be the "professionals" in the room.

2. Angels27

Angels27 Well-Known Member

Aren’t there higher charges for tampering with a human body? Isn’t there desecration or something? Does this charge tell us anything about what she didn’t do?

And did anyone actually hear the charges read today, or did she waive her right to the reading?

SleuthBee likes this.
  3. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate her......

4. lucidtx

lucidtx Western CO

I almost feel like I watched a different hearing than most of the folks commenting lol. I didn't notice anything disrespectful from them. Nothing wrong with a few smiles... that's just like, normal human interaction. It's almost automatic because it's just how we nonverbally express civility. It's not like they were smiling while directly discussing his death or another inappropriate time. I don't see how they were ever "joking around."

monster, dms, Ketzer and 14 others like this.
  5. Occula

Occula Well-Known Member

So many Wonderful Memories..The photos with His Sister OMGosh :)

How dare she! On so many levels...How could she? :mad:

I will never forget You Gannon...The brightest Star!

libraryg, Momof4RN, 4Bigskyy and 9 others like this.
  6. RaspberryMama

RaspberryMama Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you hand your jewelry over when you are booked.

4Bigskyy, FlossyMay and Warwick7 like this.
  7. Warwick7

They took them from her

ShHolmz and RaspberryMama like this.
  8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I mean, watch a televised trial, you’ll have some laughing and joking there too.

If you deal with this sort of thing long enough, I think you need to have a sense of humor.

Who cares?! As long as she gets a solid defense, and she gets sent away for life.

libraryg, monster, Alcina and 18 others like this.
  9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Wild crazy eyes! I saw it behind the sunglasses too at the GOG photo.

libraryg, SleuthBee, Cj707 and 7 others like this.
  10. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I think the PD's are very nervous about managing their client. They need to model (like 1st grade teachers) how the world is safe, and by being super-cheerful, they are hoping to offset TS's anger and keep her from acting out in court. This is a lot of people's response to scary people (TS is definitely scary, she's a child murderer, she has no remorse).

They'll learn to deal with her better (and I bet they look at the video and feel a little cringe, themselves).

The fact that absolutely no private criminal defense attorney is involved is quite striking. I don't think El Paso County is going to shift major resources into TS's defense - she'll get what the average murder suspect gets. But she's way scarier to her attorneys that some defendants, as they've had to be alone with her.

11. Angels27

Angels27 Well-Known Member

Can’t open it, but in the picture she looks very tired and resigned, not the defiant, feisty TS we’ve come to know and loathe. Is she on suicide watch?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    SleuthBee likes this.
  12. Brit

Brit Well-Known Member

I won’t be surprised if she gets a high profile attorney in the coming months.

13. Warwick7

This is worth repeating:

"The inmate's uniform she's has on is a florescent color help's if she attempts to run. She's attempted to escape police custody before, there is no reason why she wouldn't try it again. I wouldn't care if the guards had to use deadly force on her. First she needs to reveal the location where Gannon is buried. Gannon's family then can give him a proper burial
    Otherwise, I wouldn't care less what happens to her. As long she's behind bars for the rest of her miserably life. Inmates hate child killers."

Agreed! She was also sat where she was sitting, along with a guard towering over her, because she attacked a sheriff's deputy.

14. LeBlack

LeBlack Well-Known Member

I wish they wouldn't look at her. No more attention for her. MOO

15. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Is she kept shackled while meeting with her attorneys? I mean, she murdered a child and attacked LE during transport. She's violent and unpredictable. I would sure feel uncomfortable being in a room alone with her. Unless I was allowed to be packing!

16. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Most of us have followed enough cases similar to this one, or even more heinous crimes, and have some expectation of how a defense attorney (even a defense attorney defending a client charged with 1st degree murder of a child) behaves in a courtroom. I've never seen a PD come across as jovial and with periods of laughter like this one did. JMO

17. mejane

mejane Well-Known Member

upload_2020-3-12_0-19-54.jpeg Jodi was a little more obvious, but I wouldn’t be so sure LS wasn’t doing her version of the bird.

libraryg, Momof4RN, ShHolmz and 11 others like this.
  18. lucidtx

lucidtx Western CO

IANAL but the tampering charge is actually as severe as it gets in CO law AFAIK. It's a felony. Abuse of a corpse is actually a lesser charge (currently misdemeanor) because it doesn't involve the element of intending to hinder an investigation. I'm not aware of anything higher she could be charged with, in regards to his remains, than tampering with a deceased human body.

eta: and no, that charge doesn't give us any hints as to what she did to his body. It could be as simple as just moving his remains to another location, or as severe as dismemberment. It could be anything done to the body with the intent to hinder investigation.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    FlossyMay, AnnaGrace, Kyte and 4 others like this.
  19. Warwick7

We know Jose Baez turned her away. I wonder how many others did too?

20. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Well, some of yours are multiples. 4 vehicles impounded for search. At least 3 phones (probably more involved). Who knows how many credit cards? GPS from various devices and vehicles (I count at least 5 GPS gathering devices).

Bank statements (per each card owner, including HH, I"m sure). Telephone records probably spread rapidly like a web or a wildfire.

Multiple surveillance videos (including some that didn't pan out - like the place in Fountain).

School records X 2 at least. Medical records x 2, at least. Some of these are probably subpoenas.

They probably wanted more than one SW on the Mandan house. First one was probably a boiler plate with a couple of further known items they wanted to search, but then, probably search warrants for specific items not found on the first search (and at multiple locations).

Ultimately, they may have taken Gannon's clothing, Laina's clothing, bedding, mattresses, journals, diaries, TS's clothing, AS's clothing, and many tools. They may not have had a warrant for all those things in the beginning.

Most of all, there must have been multiple subpoenas or warrants for SM activity. Including videos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.