Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo LS activities the evening GS went “missing”, what were the children in the home a witness to.... it’s key to solving the puzzle. LS took risks, we know of just one, the big bold lie in GS phone. I, for one, would like to know who she called first, once GS went missing. Logic says husband, short discussion ensued, decision to call 911, visit friends and neighbors frantically asking to review ring cameras, call anyone they know in neighborhood, and search home again very carefully.
I’d like to also know what time she called dad after she self-proclaimed him missing from his own volition. And if/how many times she spoke to him from the previous Friday until that runaway call to him.

Seems like I saw someone recently post something about squirrel road. I had this saved in my notes for some reason:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

That was me. I was following the Ditch on the map down from Pleasant Valley Road, where the public might have access.

The Landfill Theory
  • I saw the landfill off Squirrel Road - Fountain Landfill - but it looks like a waste management facility, not a transfer station. Many threads back, I had suggested that GS was put in a dumpster. So many are available to chose from in locations that are usually behind businesses, truck drivers don't look when they dump the container (they back up, hook up, and swing it overhead to the truck), and criminals know that by the time a dumpster unloads at the landfill, whatever they put in it will be mixed in with the trash.
  • The counter argument was 'security cameras'. I'm going to guess that not all dumpsters have security cameras. For example, the dumpsters behind Petco University Village do not have cameras pointed at them. A woman pulling up in a truck to toss a bag into a dumpster is not going to attract more than a glance, IMHO. Or any other items. People use dumpsters all the time, even when they have their own WM company.
  • Another counter argument: why would LE be searching for him in the woods? Maybe they're searching for related items, not a body.
  • Waste Management was on the list of witnesses. I believe LE said they had contacted the local WM businesses. Did they have time to search all the Colorado Springs-area landfills? I don't know.
moo

I said the same thing on like thread 10. If she wanted to keep to the runaway story she had to of put him somewhere close to make it look like he did runaway and got caught in the elements and passed away. I thought they would find him in the field by his home when they were searching but didn't. I still think he is out there

I agree. I think he is still "findable" and still relatively close to their home where we saw her and him leave in the vehicle.

She even seemed to get frustrated when he was not found because I think she expected it would be easy to find him.

From looking at past cases involving a missing child that got lost, one of the most common mistakes when searching is we want to always keep moving and keep looking "elsewhere" instead of stopping and looking in 360 degrees all around where you stop. Then only take 1 or 2 steps and stop and look all around again. It is amazing how just a couple steps you get a whole different view of behind things, around things, under things, etc. Its very difficult to stop and spend enough time really looking closely before moving on.

I know most everyone here has seen cases where so many times they end up finding the person in a place that was already searched.
Its very difficult to really search thoroughly to really spot any small minute thing that sticks out and ends up being the missing person.

We humans have a tough time with that because we want to keep trying to help and so our minds think that moving and looking "elsewhere" is the thing to do after just a quick glance around.

Someone once said when searching that its best to count to 20 and look all around 360 degrees while counting to 20 before only taking 2 more steps and then rinse and repeat.

I agree. I think he is still "findable" and still relatively close to their home where we saw her and him leave in the vehicle.

She even seemed to get frustrated when he was not found because I think she expected it would be easy to find him.

From looking at past cases involving a missing child that got lost, one of the most common mistakes when searching is we want to always keep moving and keep looking "elsewhere" instead of stopping and looking in 360 degrees all around where you stop. Then only take 1 or 2 steps and stop and look all around again. It is amazing how just a couple steps you get a whole different view of behind things, around things, under things, etc. Its very difficult to stop and spend enough time really looking closely before moving on.

I know most everyone here has seen cases where so many times they end up finding the person in a place that was already searched.
Its very difficult to really search thoroughly to really spot any small minute thing that sticks out and ends up being the missing person.

We humans have a tough time with that because we want to keep trying to help and so our minds think that moving and looking "elsewhere" is the thing to do after just a quick glance around.

Someone once said when searching that its best to count to 20 and look all around 360 degrees while counting to 20 before only taking 2 more steps and then rinse and repeat.
I agree with your statement: She even seemed to get frustrated when he was not found because I think she expected it would be easy to find him.

So...stupid is as stupid does. What clues has she given in her initial public statements as to where Gannon’s body might be found?

Off topic kinda, you being a medical professional. Have you ever heard of something like this? Way back in the day with my first pregnancy (high risk toxemia) I went into early labor. The dr prescribed bed rest and this medication to stop the contractions. I took the med and went to bed. I started looking at newspapers, you know the old fashioned paper ones. All of a sudden I started clipping coupons. Stacking them, organizing them, placing them into envelopes with details. I asked my husband for more flyers, anything he could find in the mail. More, more, more I needed. I was obsessed. I sent him to the local quick shop. This went on for a couple of days before I began to somewhat settle down. I remember looking at the bottle and seeing the word: Ritalin. I’d never heard of it and didn’t think much of it. Years later when I began working for an adolescent residential center I saw the med listed in an incident report. Suddenly it all came back to me. Why in the heck would a doctor prescribe such a med for me? What do ya think?

@imstilla.grandma I have to say in my 30 years in the medical field I have never heard of this. In my experience most physicians have encouraged expecting patients to wean off of any stimulant medications because of the risk of birth defects especially during the first trimester.

You have certainly peaked my interest though as I know back in the day there were many medications used during pregnancy that are considered dangerous now. My Mother was given medication to prevent miscarriage in the late 60's that they found to be dangerous. I'll have to see if I can dig anything up and let you know if I find anything.

I’d like to also know what time she called dad after she self-proclaimed him missing from his own volition. And if/how many times she spoke to him from the previous Friday until that runaway call to him.
She must have communicated with him a few times around the time he "went missing." Albert said when it got dark they started to worry, and they (probably AS) checked with some of his friends to see if they had seen him. Then they decided to call at 6:55 to report him missing. Or rather, TS made the call and provided them with information to back up the runaway story.

Imo

@imstilla.grandma I have to say in my 30 years in the medical field I have never heard of this. In my experience most physicians have encouraged expecting patients to wean off of any stimulant medications because of the risk of birth defects especially during the first trimester.

You have certainly peaked my interest though as I know back in the day there were many medications used during pregnancy that are considered dangerous now. My Mother was given medication to prevent miscarriage in the late 60's that they found to be dangerous. I'll have to see if I can dig anything up and let you know if I find anything.
I remember calling my doctor telling him the med was making me shake. He told me the side effects would lessen after a few days and I got used to the med. It worked on the early contractions though. She came right on time flying out like Speedy Gonzales in less than twenty minutes after my labor started. She was practically born in the elevator. No time for epidural. Natural childbirth. Ugh! It hurt. A lot. Not for very long though. Then here comes my baby girl and the pain was over. Or so I thought. No one ever told me about such a thing called afterbirth. Who knew?
Eta:it was in the early seventies. Geez, I was so naive back then. I just did whatever doctors told me to do. No questions. He was a very old doctor from St. Louis Mo. I assumed he knew what he was doing. So I did what I was told.

Last edited:

Was it DES?

That was me. I was following the Ditch on the map down from Pleasant Valley Road, where the public might have access.

The Landfill Theory
  • I saw the landfill off Squirrel Road - Fountain Landfill - but it looks like a waste management facility, not a transfer station. Many threads back, I had suggested that GS was put in a dumpster. So many are available to chose from in locations that are usually behind businesses, truck drivers don't look when they dump the container (they back up, hook up, and swing it overhead to the truck), and criminals know that by the time a dumpster unloads at the landfill, whatever they put in it will be mixed in with the trash.
  • The counter argument was 'security cameras'. I'm going to guess that not all dumpsters have security cameras. For example, the dumpsters behind Petco University Village do not have cameras pointed at them. A woman pulling up in a truck to toss a bag into a dumpster is not going to attract more than a glance, IMHO. Or any other items. People use dumpsters all the time, even when they have their own WM company.
  • Another counter argument: why would LE be searching for him in the woods? Maybe they're searching for related items, not a body.
  • Waste Management was on the list of witnesses. I believe LE said they had contacted the local WM businesses. Did they have time to search all the Colorado Springs-area landfills? I don't know.
moo

I think it's a very plausible theory. The only thing that gives me pause is that we've never heard of any significant searches of landfills. It's possible that they have been searching them under the radar, but those searches are almost impossible to keep under wraps IME.

I think it's a very plausible theory. The only thing that gives me pause is that we've never heard of any significant searches of landfills. It's possible that they have been searching them under the radar, but those searches are almost impossible to keep under wraps IME.
The only thing I’ve heard was this:

Investigators have been actively searching since the start, Milhako said, but said there are no specific locations he can release. When asked about a rumor there was a search at a landfill, Milhako said they have been in contact, as part of their normal protocol, with local trash companies, but they were not conducting any searches at landfills.
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It's also extremely expensive to conduct a thorough landfill search. I think if LE had evidence that suggested he could be found in a landfill they would definitely do it and we would have heard about it.
They may have had a tip and followed through with it and it did not develop into a solid lead.

Imo

The only thing I’ve heard was this:

Investigators have been actively searching since the start, Milhako said, but said there are no specific locations he can release. When asked about a rumor there was a search at a landfill, Milhako said they have been in contact, as part of their normal protocol, with local trash companies, but they were not conducting any searches at landfills.
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Yeah it's pretty normal protocol in foul play missing cases to contact the trash companies and they'll often even search a couple specific loads that are known to be potentially relevant, like whatever was picked up at a suspect's house around the time of a disappearance. They'll do it just for evidence even when they know the remains are elsewhere.

I tend to believe them though, that they haven't done an actual landfill search, probably because they suspect he's somewhere else.

It's also extremely expensive to conduct a thorough landfill search. I think if LE had evidence that suggested he could be found in a landfill they would definitely do it and we would have heard about it.
They may have had a tip and followed through with it and it did not develop into a solid lead.

Imo

Not only expensive, it's dangerous. They usually do it in full HAZMAT suits nowadays because people throw away some crazy stuff.

Gannon is my hero!
Would have expected LE to have been on top of dumpsters from first few days,
good to keep thinking all angles thru.
Our landfills are manned and fenced,
Don't land fills have patterns of dumping?
Wouldn’t they have found him by now? Justice for Gannon.

The Landfill Theory
moo

Gannon is my hero!
Would have expected LE to have been on top of dumpsters from first few days,
good to keep thinking all angles thru.
Our landfills are manned and fenced,
Don't land fills have patterns of dumping?
Wouldn’t they have found him by now? Justice for Gannon.

The Landfill Theory
moo
I agree with your statement: She even seemed to get frustrated when he was not found because I think she expected it would be easy to find him.

So...stupid is as stupid does. What clues has she given in her initial public statements as to where Gannon’s body might be found?
Gannon is my hero!
MOO Both of you are so right!
excellent time to revisit the earliest threads.
My conclusion is one of several.
many of our early posts have some valid insight
Threads have slowed
We don’t have to fight to keep up.
Find Gannon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online