Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by momrids6, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyome

wyome Well-Known Member

Love this idea.

2. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

I apologize if this is incorrect. I have not been able to follow this case on a daily basis. I was reading older posts, and it was discussed so I thought it was a known fact that he was in a suitcase.

BeckyF, Ontario Mom, DTPeke and 4 others like this.
  3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Medical Anthropologist

You are so sweet. You can't help but think like a good person. Plenty of people go down fighting, without any acceptance of anything, but they are chameleons whose entire lives are built around reinventing themselves. Quickly. Like in a SciFi film where something keeps morphing shape and being deadly. When these people get caught it's a huge narcissistic blow (as it would be for anyone, of course - but remember, she likes people to think she's really cool). She's so filled with rage she attacked an officer. But she didn't attack anyone else yet (she will probably, but little by little, she's learning the ways that prisoners have of coping with rage in prison).

Her problem will be, as you properly point out, that she will need access to the general population to work her evil. She will have very little to tattle about if she's all by herself. Of course, that's considered cruel and unusual (except on death rows, I think). I have no idea how Colorado prisons work. If they deny her the opportunity to hang with other prisoners, she won't be able to crown herself. I am sure the guards have got her number at this point (although obviously, someone let their guard down on the trip - which is interesting).

Faebray, MerBeach, MtnMama and 17 others like this.
  4. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

I'll weigh in and say there is a strong possibility this piece of vermin will be incarcerated in a state correctional facility for females, where there will most likely be numerous ladies who are simply not impressed with her murdering a child. Just sayin'. MOO

Faebray, Paulas88, MtnMama and 23 others like this.
  5. Blissful12

Blissful12 Well-Known Member

I looked over the witness list on a Facebook group for Gannon that I am in, and the only business listed that I think is closest to a carpeting place COULD be someone from Tile Inc.
    I googled that business name in Colorado, and a lot of results came up, but they also consisted of other words along with the “Tile Inc.”
    There were plenty of names listed with redacted addresses though, so it could be that a carpeting company is on that list but it was redacted. :confused:

MOO

6. SleuthBee

SleuthBee Kind of New

IMO and please, please correct me if I am wrong. State and Federal laws and penalties may also differ. And I am sure the Feds won't mind the state of CO picking up the tab.

Can we at least regard any federal crimes as a safety net, in the event of an acquittal or hung jury?

MtnMama, mom2chloe, Luckyzmom and 9 others like this.
  7. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

I agree I keep thinking about what LE stated when they arrested TS in SC. I’m thinking Florida came into focus shortly before her arrest.

Snipped
    "We will not stop, and this investigation has only just begun."

Mihalko said investigators were continuing to make progress in locating Gannon.

"Information has developed that is helping us narrow our search," he told reporters.

Search continued for 11-year-old Colorado boy Gannon Stauch on Thursday

8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Reporter's reply to question about LS 1/31/20 live interview and whether or not the van seen in footage belonged to news crew. Also, describes the convoy LS was believed traveling with:

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
    Replying to @******
    Sure, the van in the back of the video was a part of the caravan she was riding with, I believe that it was her moving truck. My news car was parked in front of her two cars, so it was out of frame. Parking went [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Green=moving truck
    Red=Letecia’s car
    Blue=News car

7:56 AM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to ************
    I’m just now getting questions about this, totally fine to ask. She was traveling with 5 people total, (including herself) I believe she referenced two of them as her aunts. Clearly one was her daughter. The other was a young man driving the truck, assumed he was family. (Cont)

7:58 AM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to @Spencer_WNews
    She was riding in a small 4 door style car parked just ahead of that white truck. The white truck is what I believe to be her moving truck, but the all drove together as a pack of 2.

7:59 AM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to **********
    Sure, to the best of my memory. Yes she was in the passenger seat of the little car. Her aunt was driving, daughter in the back seat. Young guy was driving the moving truck, potential “other aunt” was riding with him. I say “other aunt” because I’m less clear on who she was

12:20 PM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to *******************
    I couldn’t give you enough for a “real description” as we call it in the news room. Just darker hair, younger dude, that’s all I can say responsibility.

12:23 PM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

evelezrn, Faebray, Scanner and 43 others like this.
  9. EllaMae

I'm not sure of the exact spot either. It's hard to tell from the photos I've seen.

10. GordianKnot

GordianKnot New(ish) Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
  11. Blissful12

Blissful12 Well-Known Member

A maternal aunt posted this information on social media, so I don’t think we can “confirm”. But...let’s say you wanted to just see for yourself, so you went to FB to an open group for Gannon and searched the photo section for a screenshot with a person (I’m 80% confident on name) who goes by “Victoria” I’m posted in the last two days. Hopefully that sends you in the right direction

MOO

12. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

It’s not kidnapping if he was deceased. There may be federal crimes, but kidnapping applies to live victims.

13. Cornloaf

Cornloaf Well-Known Member

Tile Inc is the company that makes the Tile tracking devices. You stick them to your car keys, luggage, suitcase, etc. I have them in all of our protective cases for our kits that get deployed to locations all over the world. They link to your phone's Bluetooth so you can locate them or alert them. Other users are part of the hive that helps to keep track of them since the range of Bluetooth is limited. I have actually traveled with my cases and watched them move around in airports nowhere near where I was due to other people with the app. If you try to locate one of the tiles and you are not nearby, it will utilize all the users around the world to look for it. When it shows up somewhere, you get a notification that another user on the app located it for you.

14. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

As does Blue Ridge!! :D

15. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

I think all her lawyers can do for her is ensure her rights, which the state is not interested in violating, try to get things suppressed here and there, and try to keep her from unloading in open court.

16. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

from CBS Denver:

17. Kismet7

Kismet7 Well-Known Member

That's true. I know her case was unique, but I think anytime you kidnap and cross state lines the federal govt CAN prosecute, but of course they don't always. I was also considering what you said about it staying with Dan May's office and I was hoping it wouldn't move hands because it seems like they have been very thorough and I don't want any chance for a mess up. Not saying feds would, but I think you guys understand what I mean. If it ain't broke, don't fix it basically. Now knowing what we do, it did make me wonder though if they didn't have a good idea she had left the state with him based upon the DA suddenly saying at that presser after her hearing that the death penalty wasn't off the table. Things that make you go hmmmm...

18. EllaMae

I have driven along that road late at night and early in the morning and it is very lightly traveled at those times. Almost deserted. I agree.....it would not be difficult to park there and remain unseen long enough to toss something heavy over the rail.
    I also wonder if she thought there was water underneath instead of rocks? It's very dark, and as I said in another post, fog was a real possibility.

Just makes me sick thinking about it.

19. Pink2017

Pink2017 Well-Known Member

Nice work, thank you.

20. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Medical Anthropologist

The majority of women in prison are there for domestic violence. It's not Orange is the New Black (federal prison). And most states have little desire to put anyone in prison for victimless crimes.

When women get violent, it's not usually with strangers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.