Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
    The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
    He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
    El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
    The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
    El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
    upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
    Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
    MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
    Noharg, I'm Just Here, DTPeke and 6 others like this.

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

PLEASE READ:

The Saturday night video originally posted by TS on her social media is still off limits due to her social media having been removed. (So that includes candles and carpets and anything at all that members may recall from that video.) Just don't mention it or the post will be removed.

Members may discuss the DWAP youtube phone interview with TS but may not comment on either DWAP himself or the interviewer. Only discuss what TS said in that phone interview. As TS herself brought Petco into this particular phone interview, you may now discuss and speculate re Petco as it relates to what she says in the phone call, but not what may be floating around in social media rumor-land.

Stick to MSM or WS approved sources. If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Crime Online is an approved source at WS; True Crime society is not.

No rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Nicknames or derogatory name changes of any of the major case players is not allowed.

3. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPECULATE WHETHER OR NOT LETECIA HAD HELP DRIVING TO FLORIDA DO NOT NAME THE PERSON. USE INITIALS ONLY. DO NOT ACCUSE THE PERSON OF A CRIME. IF ALL THIS IS TRUE AND LETECIA IS GUILTY IT IS LIKELY SHE HAD HELP BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF A CRIME. USE INITIALS ONLY.

REMEMBER YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER! THEY WILL STAY HERE FOREVER. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thanks,
    Tricia

4. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I agree. Imo, I don't believe the water could ever reach where Gannon was found; even during and after the worst of hurricanes. See the photo below and notice how high the bridge is built up compared to the surrounds land.

Attached Files:

5. lucidtx

lucidtx Western CO

She also would've returned to his body within a few days, and he may have still been in rigor.

6. gingergina

gingergina Well-Known Member

Someone smarter than I am explained that these are sentence enhancers and directly relate to the murder of Gannon as that’s the crime she’s charged with. If there are charges related to another family member, they will be separate and not added to Gannon's case.

7. perception≠reality

perception≠reality Well-Known Member

Honestly, I feel like she thought she found the perfect spot. I’ve thought through this a bit because it seems she moved his body several times, and wanted to make sure the last time was the last time.

Her first spot in the woods, presumably, didn’t work because they were able to trace her movements, and she knew they would eventually find him. She needed to move him far away from any of the searches, and not tied to her in CO or S.C.

Water would be a bad idea-bodies end up floating, or drifting to shore and end up being found by fisherman or people walking the shorelines. It wouldn’t really help to wash away evidence, considering the weapons charges. Water might wash away DNA, but it won’t erase blunt force trauma or bullet/stab wounds that may have hit bone. I don’t think water was ever a thought for her.

The woods didn’t work the first time, and after the first near miss (IMO), too much danger of hikers or hunters or searchers coming across his remains.

She didn’t just throw him out along the side of the road as she drove along. When I look at the area, she chose pretty well, as far as places to leave a body go.

If she dropped him from the opposite side of the road from where authorities accessed the location, she saw how far down the hill went-rough terrain, rocky and very tall bridge/columns. To someone not familiar with that spot, it looks like a place nobody would really go-no reason for highway workers to trim weeds deep down in a dry ravine-looking area covered in rocks and boulders. No fisherman or boaters, because she dropped him in the dry rocky area up past the river.

If you’re looking at pics where they are pulled over retrieving Gannon’s body, it seems a lot more shallow or easy to spot. However, the last pic shows a more realistic view of what passers by would see. It’s a very tall bridge with a very deep ravine between the two sections, in the middle of a freeway. It’s not a pullout, or a place anyone has any reason to stop-unless of course your a monster dumping the body of a murdered little boy, or the construction crew we were lucky enough to have show up for bridge work.

Thank goodness she was unlucky enough to choose a location that happened to be right in the middle of an area under heavy construction (according to locals). That’s the only thing she didn’t really account for in this location. If not for that, he really may never have been found there.

445C0450-5499-4A93-BB25-20D514416692.jpeg 2E0380E4-6C95-45DF-9A08-A21979DA356D.jpeg E72D61B7-AE7D-45D5-A65A-7CFB0126355D.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  8. SleuthBee

SleuthBee Glad to Bee here

@Faebray Your post so eloquently explains the fury within TS. And how sad that TS's heart was closed to the unconditional love and acceptance Gannon had to offer :(

9. gingergina

gingergina Well-Known Member

I think his body was originally left where she killed him. She would’ve used the “ran away and got murdered by a stranger” excuse. When the neighbor’s video was revealed, she knew she would be a suspect and went and got the body then. MOO

10. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

:group hug:

11. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please continue discussion here.

Rest in Peace, Gannon.

12. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

*DBM:

Need to check timeline dates for video release.

13. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

It's so strange, but it almost doesn't make sense if someone else didn't know by the time they were in FL. I don't like to ascribe horrible traits to family members of someone like her just because she is how she is, but if no one else in that caravan knew GS's bady was along, then how could any of the other odd aspects of this drive not be relayed onto LE by one of them? "Oh, she took off middle of the night with the moving van" or "oddly, we took a 5 hour detour for no reason" or "she was very possessive of this one suitcase that was packed but never arrived in SC". Four other people along and yet he was randomly found by a worker.

Given all those open questions I have to think one of them did know, and it wasn't under duress because they would have talked, especially after her arrest...yet they did not. Or she knew someone just as crazy as her down in FL and her family/friends with her were just very unobservant and naive as she arranged a handoff.

14. Coloradomomandgrandma

Coloradomomandgrandma Well-Known Member

If the courts are still fully operational this week, I think the Judge will either rule on the AA this week or rule to set a hearing regarding the release to give the attorneys an opportunity to argue their side (perhaps to take place with the next court hearing). JMO

15. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

No. RD's CCTV emerged on Sunday morning, Feb 2.

16. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

Thanks for the heads-up on that!
    I'll go delete my op.
    I need to go check Oviedo's timeline again.

17. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

BUT, then again Spencer interviewed her on Friday 31 January. Looked like she was moving that day, she was gone already, well before Sunday , unless what?
    Feb 3-5 Florida.
    Where the hell was she between Fri 31 and Monday -Wednesday 3-5 Feb? When she was allegedly somewhere in Florida?

She must have a bolthole, a contact somewhere along the road?

18. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

I simply cannot believe she wasn’t watched 24/7! She was sketchy from the get go!

Ozarka, PhoneJockey, Faebray and 33 others like this.
  19. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Kitty was that when it emerged from media? Or is that when he showed it to AS/authorities?

20. HaikuMommy

HaikuMommy Well-Known Member

Disagree, the video was discovered on the 2nd (see link), and shown to AS right away. I believe AS confronted LS that same day. Police were also shown the video on the 2nd, got warrant to search the home by the 3rd. While they were doing that, LS was likely moving Gannon’s body. Police apparently didn’t have her under constant surveillance yet (hence police asking if anyone saw her Feb. 3-5).
    TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.