Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pianoturtle

Pianoturtle Well-Known Member

I had a puzzle once that was solid black and solid white cats repeated over and over on pink stairs. The puzzle had 5 extra pieces and no straight edges. That’s this case.

2. Pink2017

Pink2017 Well-Known Member

she left crumbs everywhere she went. at what point does LE stop chasing leads? 600, my oh my, and with latest developments, do they just move forward. Does painting a complete picture become absolutely necessary? I don’t know the answers to these ?’s

3. jgarris

jgarris Well-Known Member

I feel like they already have a majority of them all tied together. The final pieces may be that window in Florida - but from the witness list alone, they were well aware of where she was and what she was doing.

4. SleuthBee

SleuthBee Kind of New

... or a shotgun, then there will be lots of pellets with some remaining inside the body.

5. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    I would think that LE would keep going after new evidence so long as they keep getting new directions to pursue. There are multiple reasons why they would keep wanting to get all the evidence they can.

Some of the reasons for doing so:

*During a trial, some evidence can get thrown out by the Defense/Judge and so LE wants to build a tight a case as possible since they dont know what parts of the evidence may end up being thrown out and not be able to use.

*Some new evidence may end up being a lot stronger than the evidence they already have.

*As they keep pursuing where the trails lead them, then other charges may be able to be filed against not only her, but maybe other people may receive charges.

6. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Any other person in TS's household may have known right from wrong etc and may be accountable for their behavior, but until you have lived with a person like that and for those many years and have first knowledge of what it takes to literally survive I ask for compassion for them. When I got out of my house at age 18, out of the isolation, out of the hate, out of the fear of setting my step mother off, I couldn't believe how the the rest of the world lived in love and kindness and support of one another. I say lets give them all a break, they lived in a world that most of us cannot be imagined. MOO MOO MOO

7. reeseeva

reeseeva Well-Known Member

8. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

After marinating on where Gannon was found, I think that a roadside drop was the only option that she could choose. She already knew that LE could probably trace her movements. So stopping in a deserted area to bury him was out of the question. I agree with the poster who said it took her less than 2 minutes to drop him there. It would seem less suspicious, when LE looked at tracking data, than a longer stop in a deserted area. She probably even made some longer side trips to unpopulated areas, to confuse their search. So thankful he has been found.

9. ab01

ab01 Ooh Rah

They will definitely keep collecting anything that they deem relevant. They will at some point have to turn over initial discovery to the defense. But the case will likely continue to move forward. As they produce more discovery they will then turn it over to the defense as soon as required by the court. I have seen cases where the prosecution has asked a judge to admit newly found evidence even at trial, in those cases usually the judge will make a ruling either giving the defense a chance to review it with their own experts. Or sometimes he will simply allow it to be presented and give the defense a chance to dispute it in court, depending on what the evidence is. Either way the show will go on. And the evidence in this case is going to be completely overwhelming. She tried to cover her tracks, crimes that have the most evidence are more often the ones that involve an attempted redirection of the investigation. And many times that evidence is just as damning as the actual crime itself. The evidence in this case will be as damning as it is voluminous! JMO

DDA Allen is going to nail her to the wall

10. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    Escambia alligators might be a bit of general military lore spread by those having been stationed at Pensecola.

The place he was dropped was a loop north from the I 10.

Traveling straight east on I 10 from the point to exit for Pace at highway 291 to the point one would loop back to I 10 from Pace at Hwy 281 is 20 minutes,

Leaving. I 10 at 291 and looping up on the 90 through Pace and back down to I 10 at 281: Google map says just 24 minutes.
    Also, Police can get all searches on a subject or place from Google itself.

11. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

You are wonderfully insightful. I agree that it must have been horrible for anyone who had close bonds with her.

12. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

She's so full of it. She so obviously and purposely never asked LE to let her speak to a lawyer because she didn't want a lawyer, imo.

Sure... I bet she really wanted a lawyer <sarc> to delay and slow down her plans and preparations for "getting out of Dodge" as soon as possible; according to her own strict, precise pre-planning. She didn't mind stopping to talk to the reporter though; but that was on her terms and according to her schedule and agenda. As she said herself, she really is one to always be thinking of the next move(s) she'll make.

And, she accomplishes all this without a "Things To Do Today" list? Amazing... a creature of a well-practiced and executed, life-long habit of BS'ing her way through every single day.
    She would have made a great, highly successful "Event Coordinator / Party-Convention Planner" if only....

13. ab01

ab01 Ooh Rah

I agree, even going over tracking data would be a monumental task for the amount of miles she covered. Probably start with checking for longer stops gas stations, food etc and when those didn't show anything unusual they would work on shorter length stops. Including stop lights, stop signs, traffic slow downs and stops. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that over that many mile trip that there may even be dead areas in information logs where she was still moving but no info was being received. Things like shutting her phone off at various times which would have made tracking her movements even more difficult. That would force them to have to rely on more traditional methods, such as eyewitness accounts, traffic cams, gas station cams etc etc. Truly like finding a needle in a haystack.

14. Lori911

Lori911 Member

I only get a chance to check this forum now and then... is HH Leticia’s daughter? What is her name... and is she not AS daughter?

15. kpalma71580

kpalma71580 Well-Known Member

I am more on the line with a burner phone because she probably needed the maps to guide her to the area she left him in and we all know she cant stay off socail media. The hotel computers are very possible too! I know most libraries, well by me at least, you need a library card and you would need a card by giving your identification. I'm curious if they had these searches about alligators all ready from some sort of source since Florida contacted Colorado the day they found his body. It was almost like they contacted the Florida state all ready, saying to contact them if they find a child's body in a brown suitcase. I believe LE had some sort of information that she left the state with his body. Maybe surveillance with her and the suitcase.

16. SleuthBee

SleuthBee Kind of New

@GordianKnot , Do you believe the discovery of Gannon's body will effect the judges ruling on the media's motion to unseal the affidavit?
    Prior to the discovery, those far wiser than I anticipated a ruling to unseal.

17. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

GANNON...

Just a thought, HH
    may have been pulling away from
    her mother, motivator(stressor)
    controlling her own finances

It’s possible SHE was in shock or
    meltdown
    she had been emotionally
    dominated by Letecia

She is a victim for now,

I’d like to know more
    about her fellow travelers
    enablers or mentors?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020
  18. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

GANNON

IT makes me really crazy when I finish a puzzle and there are one or two pieces missing, really crazyJMHO...

19. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I think LS is a professional planner even though she always seem to inadvertently sabotage her own plans with her big mouth. I think she killed him in a remote area on that Monday and immediately placed him into a suitcase or carry bag and covered him in snow as a temporary measure. She left him there knowing she would have to move him, imo. If she's a crime buff, as many have said, she would have planned ahead to avoid the difficulties of trying to contain a hard-to-manage body later in time, imo. I think, on that long and fateful Sunday night, when she first abused Gannon and went too far, she already knew her days in CO were numbered and she was already planning her "escape" to SC.
    After all, just hours later, at 8:30 am on Tuesday she was renting a car at the airport... and went missing herself for over 900 miles of driving.... "so Gannon wouldn't see a familiar vehicle and hide because he knew he was in trouble."

I'm sure the prosecution is already anticipating the eventual reward of going for her throat at trial and enjoying those feelings already.
    JMO.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  20. GordianKnot

GordianKnot New(ish) Member

BBM:

I don't think that will factor into the judge's decision re: unsealing the arrest affidavit, as any/all evidentiary information contained in that doc predated the discovery of Gannon's body.

We're definitely going to see the release of that affidavit.

It's simply a question of when, not if, it's made public.

JMO.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.