Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

I was wondering if she may have been planning to start a fire herself with a candle and make it look like an accident to either destroy evidence of a murder in a room or even to dare i say it kill gannon via smoke intoxication or worse. But then the Dehumidifier searching doesn't add up unless she was looking to try to save herself from any smoke inhalation.

Kyte, nyvictoria, Kittybunny and 17 others like this.

2. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Excellent post! Yes! Love this.

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Refresher from the archives:

– In a Jan. 31 interview with Gazette news partner KKTV, Letecia claimed she was initially denied her request for a lawyer by Sheriff’s Office detectives.

– Letecia also said that her 17-year-old daughter was briefly put in handcuffs when detectives pulled over their vehicle Jan. 30. She claims deputies had guns drawn and told her they were going to shoot her without identifying themselves as law enforcement officers. A spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office would not comment on the claims, citing the ongoing investigation.

– Foul play is not suspected, and the investigation is not a criminal one, investigators said.

From the AA:

AS voluntarily went to EPSO for interview on Jan 29 (#82);

AS VW seized and towed from office to EPSO evidence facility (#68);

Towards the end of the interview, LE also seized AS phone and detained her while they applied for a warrant for LS DNA (#99);

LS was transported to hospital from EPSO after she alleged a medical issue (#102);

Before DNA warrant could be served, LS departed hospital without telling LE (#105);

LS made call from hospital waiting room and was soon collected by unknown party before reunited with HH at a location several miles from hospital. Police were conducting physical surveillance and therefore LS meeting up with HH known (#105);

After EPSO seized LS VW on Jan 29, she obtained a 2020 Nissan Altima, and LE granted a warrant to install GPS on the Nissan (#148);

So -- does anybody recall why HH was allegedly pulled over and briefly handcuffed on January 30? (I previously believed LE was seizing LS vehicle during stop but I was wrong). Is this incident cited in the AA?

WATCH: Gannon Stauch press conference and case update; stepmom arrested on suspicion of murder

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Kyte, JDough, 303gmf and 6 others like this.
  4. lucidtx

lucidtx Western CO

I think it's noteworthy that she told multiple iterations of the candle and carpet burning story to Al, the sitter and others in her circle but it doesn't seem like she ever told LE about anything like that. Her searches about the carpet were all between midnight and 1, early on the 27th. It does seem like that would be the time when the wheels were starting to turn and she may have started planning for the coming morning and afternoon.

Renee110, catch_22, Kyte and 14 others like this.
  5. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

Thanks for your perspective. It is important, like I think you're saying, that HH wasn't a perpetrator and nothing in the AA indicates she did anything illegal. Not cooperating is not illegal. My only thing is I felt sorry for her, attributed her as being a victim also. However, the word uncooperative with LE changed my view almost on a dime. Not that I think she did anything criminal, I just find it hard to continue to think she is a victim to be handled with kid gloves anymore. But that's just MOO. I respect yours and your experience (I didn't have that myself growing up, so harder to identify with).

edit: typo - it is legal to not cooperate

catch_22, Kyte, Blue Amethyst and 9 others like this.
  6. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Your view is a compassionate one. No argument with that.

However, it is not incumbent upon LE to “handle it right” in dealing with HH during those weeks Gannon was missing.

During those weeks, HH was driving her own vehicle, working at a job, enrolled in the Air Force and planning a career. Meanwhile...

An eleven year old boy was out there somewhere in the cold, all alone, alive or dead. LE needed everyone to be cooperative so Gannon could be found. Even little Laina was likely cooperative and she is around 9 years old.

The AA states HH was not cooperating with LE. That AA was drawn up WEEKS after Gannon went missing and in fact, right before TS was arrested.

Hopefully, HH is now cooperating.

La Louve, Kyte, MerBeach and 14 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Hmmm.... I recall that the burned carpet was a story from SM (and banned from WS discussion). If LE did not find any evidence of the alleged burned carpet per AA, then perhaps it was a rumor(?)...

Was LS thinking about trying to disguise the murder of GS with a house fire? o_O

Kyte, Anirtak, JDough and 5 others like this.
  8. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

And, being a Golden Child is not a place of honor or desired status in a family. It’s an exhausting excruciating way to live. The child is simply an extension of the soul-sucking parent, similar to an extra appendage. Golden children have to be both loyal in-the-trenches foot soldiers, and twinkling stars shining exclusively on the sick parent, who has no meaningful gifts of her or his own.

9. Geneic

Geneic Well-Known Member

I don’t feel comfortable accusing HH of any involvement either. She bought cleaning supplies prior to GS being reported missing. Nothing weird there and if she believes/believed her moms story, she may not have thought anything about it afterwards. I could see LS having her pick her up in random places so the alleged people making death threats against her couldn’t find her or for fear of her safety. Again, at the time I believe HH believed everything her mom was telling her. If you believe your mom is innocent and everyone is against her, you’d probably be protective of her. I bet this has since changed with LS being arrested and reading the evidence against her. I don’t think it’s fair to speak about her as if she is a guilty for actions she has made without knowing more. The focus should be on the murderer and poor victim vs casting aspersions on others that we have no proof of committing any crime. Only one person is sitting in jail. Could change and if HH is arrested have at her.

10. mothwings

mothwings Well-Known Member

The affidavit is so damning. It was not the "witch hunt" Stan described.

11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I also think a seventeen year old should be held responsible if they participated in a crime or helped in the cover up.

But I also agree with the OP that it is possible that TS lied to her daughter and she may not have been involved at all. We don't know what their relationship was like but I wouldn't doubt that HH was afraid to confront her mother. We don't know what excuses TS gave to her for needing the cleaning supplies or needing rides or renting the car. Maybe HH believed her.

My own daughter questions me all the time but I have known teenagers with authoritarian or manipulative parents who wouldn't dare question their actions for fear of retaliation. Some kids will avoid a confrontation at any cost.

It's also possible that HH was afraid to speak to police as long as her mother was still free. After she was arrested she may have cooperated with them. If not, then she should be prepared to face whatever consequences there may be.

Imo

La Louve, catch_22, Kyte and 15 others like this.
  12. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

Always was so confusing...LS claimed that the keys were in her pocket yet they were pulled over.

Kyte, JDough, Blue Amethyst and 4 others like this.
  13. RaspberryMama

RaspberryMama Well-Known Member

Right. I see what you are saying. And no, LE is not responsible for "handling it right." I agree with you there. That wasn't quite what I meant... I just think if they handled HH in a certain way they could have aided her in getting to the point of being cooperative sooner rather than later. I do think it had to be a process with her, not something that she was capable of doing right away. And if LS had to give approval for LE to interview HH, then no way could we expect that to happen.

Maybe I am way off. I identify more with Gannon, honestly, not so much with HH. As I stated earlier, I can easily imagine my "golden child" siblings blaming me for my own disappearance.

Haha, I am obviously a very messed up individual. I can see myself making excuses for my siblings too. In fact, I started doing just that before I began this paragraph. So it's possible I have some misplaced sympathy. I'm willing to admit that.

I don't have any step-siblings, but I was very protective of my little sister, and easily believed she was worthy of being the golden child. If it had come to choosing between her safety and believing my mother, I don't know what I would have done. That's a road I am thankful I never had to go down.

I can say without hesitation now that I would and have placed my own wellbeing and the wellbeing of my children ahead of any and everything my mother could ever ask of me. I came out of the fog with a vengeance, let's say. I'll keep praying for HH because I do think there's hope for her.

La Louve, catch_22, Kyte and 15 others like this.
  14. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

I'm done for today with updates to the Case Archive (there were only a handful).
    I did try to enhance the crime scene photos from the AA but they are so grainy and I could not improve, which really is fine with me.

Justice for Gannon sub-section;
    Justice For Gannon by amanda reckonwith
    AA updates begin here, so scroll...
    4/3/20 Released. The arrest probable cause affidavit was set to be released 4/10, with a preview opened to the parents 4/2/20. Since they were leaked to social media, the court released them to the news media as well (on April 3).

The Main Case Archive holds everything else. The searches, pressers, articles and pictures before the arrest, and also the non-justice stuff like memorials after the arrest.
    Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith

If you're usung a cell phone try this and scroll: Gannon Stauch

15. MsBetsy

She probably didn't mention the carpet burning incident to LE because it didn't fit in with her rape story.

The runaway story was plan A and the rape/ abduction story was Plan B.

Imo

Kyte, Blue Amethyst, Knox and 8 others like this.
  16. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

Indeed. What a crappy, horrible, rotten position to place your daughter in! I mean, for the love of ALL THE THINGS, TS clearly has placed herself on quite a pedestal but wow, just wow. It seems she's playing a game of How Many Lives Can One Liar Ruin?!

Gag.

catch_22, Kyte, Kittybunny and 17 others like this.
  17. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

They said it smelled like coconut down there :eek:

Kyte, lilithblue, Dre and 8 others like this.
  18. Heaven Leigh

Heaven Leigh Well-Known Member

Depending on how close TS and HH was,,I could see her even telling her something happened. Of course not the truth but telling her it was accidental.

catch_22, Kyte, JDough and 11 others like this.
  19. MsBetsy

Yes, I thought her story was that police came to the store or parking lot to get the car. She said LE thought her daughter had the keys in her purse, but TS had them in her pocket.

20. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

The first thought I had was air freshener.
    Like TS thought she'd erase any horrible smells of blood by spritzing the basement ?

Or there's other coconut smells that are in suntan lotion.
    At that time of year it's not likely.

Kyte, M-pathetic, FunkyMonkey and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.