Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

La Louve, Kyte, fcavanaugh and 6 others like this.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Nope. The issue is her failure to cooperate, which is likely an effort to protect her mother.

I do think that’s either changed, or will change. If not, then that’s inexcusable.

LH needs answers, AS needs answers, and Gannon needs justice. If you’re not being 100% forthcoming, then that’s an issue. Hopefully that’s all a moot point.

La Louve, Kyte, MerBeach and 28 others like this.
  3. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

I agree and IMO that's why LS had such a strong reaction to people not believing Gannon got out of the truck. One tiny shard of truth amid her barrel of lies and social media didn't believe her - it must have made her livid. Hehe... <insert devil smiley chuckling here>

Kyte, sindydee, fcavanaugh and 8 others like this.
  4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Wow, now there's a thought. Could he have been messing around with a candle or lighter from HH's room and she lost it? Holding his hand, foot, or other body part over an open flame would be something that would get her in trouble for sure. It would also make sense of that video (she was amped up, and he sounded so scared).

Janeumayer, Kyte, lucidtx and 6 others like this.
  5. Lori Cooper

Lori Cooper Well-Known Member

On their site, it says that reports won't be available if involved in a criminal investigation.

catch_22, Kyte, floridamomma and 7 others like this.
  6. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

No one has accused her of a crime folks!
    Oh, thank you so much! You said what I have been trying to say. Parents these days are enablers. They won’t allow their children to grow up. Yes, we produce that!

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

They were all over social media, lol.

8. M-pathetic

M-pathetic Here for KH & GS

BBM
    I don't believe HH was ever in the house without her mom after AS arrived. I figured her "gotcha" announcement that she was listening to every word referred to monitoring the home security from her phone, as one can do when away. JMO

Kyte, Anirtak, Blue Amethyst and 3 others like this.
  9. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

What a weird trip - you killed an innocent child, people are onto you but they get one detail wrong that you know is right.

You're right, she must have been driven crazy by that, almost to the point of claiming LE has special heat sensing technology that can see thru recorded video and......oh wait...

La Louve, Kyte, Bailey38 and 10 others like this.
  10. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

It is really that simple. Thank you.

We want to know why she wouldn’t cooperate. And we hope she is now.
    For Gannon.

Kyte, SleuthBee, fcavanaugh and 10 others like this.
  11. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

bbm
    Snipped for focus.
    Well that's interesting.
    Hmm...

bbm
    Agreed and thanks for pointing that out.

I was trying to think of a way to comment that wasn't insensitive.
    But you nailed it.

bbm
    Ita.
    From the beginning of the relationship and marriage, TS and HH lived with AS, Gannon and his younger sibling -- so those kids spent time growing up together.
    It's unfathomable that there'd be no action taken to demand where he was or what happened.

The younger sister I could understand staying silent out of fear, but HH had a job, drove her own car and had friends.
    Enough independence to go to LE while she was away from the home and let them know something was wrong.
    Very sad.

12. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Yes, of course you would be (beside yourself). But that's what it's like to have a child go missing. Seattle is not known for its rapid responses, btw (nor is Los Angeles - and San Francisco is even worse). 2000 people go missing daily. I suppose we could enact laws where kids get priority but in reality, kids are more likely to just turn up later.

I don't know anything about public satisfaction with CS police, but it seems to me that they took the call, had few details (so no reason for an immediate investigation - no word of a parent abduction, no sign of B & E, just a normal kid wandering away from home), and then they put it into NAMUS and other databases, and then sent the first available officer to take a report.

Where I live, it's not uncommon for it to be 6-18 hours before the officer shows up for a report of this kind. The first line of investigation for a missing child is for the family to look for the child - and in 98-99% of cases that's effective and the child is fine.

The other crimes going down in CoS at the time made me really aware - there were other missing kids (older kids are more likely to be vulnerable to sex trafficking, not Gannon's age), they had to triage too.

Just as an example, one day at work, we had about 5 crimes/situations going down at the same time. I thought the one I reported needed way faster intervention (someone in a raised pick-up, speeding, hit a man in a wheelchair). But then, there was a sexual assault with the perp on foot running through campus, and a deliberate hit and run with an injury, and a physical altercation between two students (that was managed by faculty).

Just another day.

When we had 3 (THREE) break-ins over a period of 2 months, police did nothing. We had footprints and, eventually, video footage (but the timestamp was wrong - so, absolutely nothing was done). We know who it was. It was very very hard to avoid trying to do something about it ourselves. We learned that two other neighbors had had the same person break in to their home (to steal identity, btw). Then we had other neighbors (friends of the criminals) tell us to simmer down and stop reporting it.

Until you're a victim, you don't realize just how thin police services are - in every nation, in every state. It's actually way better, crime-wise, where I live than in many places in the US.

I think LE reacted pretty "normally" to the report of Gannon's disappearance and probably thought if he wasn't home by bedtime, it was a bit more serious...

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

We're both wrong -- the date of death is Sept. 21, 2004!

I do find it notable that LS had a special mention in two obituaries of men -- the long ago stepdad and also in her Uncle's 2016 obituary (citing his big influence).

14. LietKynes

Does anyone in the perp's family have a gun ?
    Asking hypothetically, and not ass-u-ming .
    (See what I did there ? Your dashes had me puzzled. :D )

DTPeke, Ilovemy3boys and Knox like this.
  15. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

I think she did tell HH the items she brought were for cleaning, but I think she told her she needed them to clean a 'bowel accident' of Gannons, like the type she was nastily speaking about in her interview.

MOO

Kyte, JDough, Geneic and 10 others like this.
  16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Autopsy Reports: When completed unless the death is part of an active criminal investigation.
    Forms

Kyte, JDough, SleuthBee and 7 others like this.
  17. MtnMama

MtnMama You are loved, Gannon the Great

:eek::eek:

18. LietKynes

Good point !
    As in -- "I may know something, or I do know something... but you have no right to question or detain me because my loyalty lies with my family first and foremost."
    Newsflash-- it doesn't work that way.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

It's morally inexcusable in any case. I am very loyal person who would react quite viciously to anyone trying to hurt my kid or husband.

HOWEVER, if they had just done something heinous, I've always told them: all bets are off. I'll be there for you in the courtroom, I'll buy you stuff in prison and come visit you. But I will not withhold truth from the police, the victims (that's why I say all this) nor will I testify on your behalf.

Of course, if one of my kids was using self-defense as a defense, I'd add what I could.

This attitude saved my daughter (who was attacked at a school bus stop by another student - it was captured on camera, and who reacted, God bless her, very appropriately - by punching, downing and altogether subduing her stupid attacker).

She was 13. She asked me if it would have been okay to take her attacker by the head and slam her against the curb (I said ABSOLUTELY NOT - once the person is down, and other people have gathered, it's never okay to continue a fight). She said, "That's what I thought, Mom."

After that, the bullies on the bus left her alone, though. Unfortunately, she kind of learned a more aggressive style of dealing with bullies (has avoided physical contact though, great verbal skills).

20. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Actually, it was 2004
    James Lowry, 43, of 2695 Lowe Road, died Sept. 21, 2004 --not 2015

James Lowry | Robesonian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.