Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Blaming HH: Unfortunately, I think almost everything LS has claimed happened in her own “defense” could be reinterpreted as LS trying to cover up and protect HH if LS does try to claim the “HH did it” scenario.

Blaming HH won’t succeed, but it would sure muddy the waters for awhile.

As to the use of the plywood as a ramp to roll/pull the suitcase up the stairs: I think that would be almost impossible for one person to do by herself. You’d not only have to pull the suitcase up the incline, but also pull the piece of plywood up the stairs underneath the suitcase at the same time. Super unwieldy and worse than pulling the suitcase up by itself.

Plywood is normally a 4x8 foot sheet. And heavier than you might think. Even at its longest, an 8 foot piece of plywood (whatever width) is not going to span from the bottom to top of a staircase, even one with a landing in the middle. And pushing it all up from below (suitcase on plywood) is unwieldy, too.

So I don’t think using plywood as a ramp up the stairs is realistic.

If she used anything to help get the suitcase up the stairs, wrapping it in a sheet or blanket and pulling that bundle up the stairs makes more sense to me.

I do think she used the plywood under the suitcase for transport in her car.

But the plywood usage is of minor importance to me, except as having blood evidence, as is how she managed to move the suitcase. Unless another person is implicated, which would change a lot of my suppositions.

All IMO.

Of course, none of us knows what she did but I've been amazed at how heavy an object can be and still be bumped up a set of stairs on wheels.

Throw in the fact that T's adrenaline would have been pumping and I think it's reasonable to believe she moved Gannon up one step at a time in the suitcase.

MOO

Of course, none of us knows what she did but I've been amazed at how heavy an object can be and still be bumped up a set of stairs on wheels.

Throw in the fact that T's adrenaline would have been pumping and I think it's reasonable to believe she moved Gannon up one step at a time in the suitcase.

MOO

JMO
I totally agree and I dont think the wheels even came into play going up the stairs. I think she just pulled it up by the handle with it laying flat on its side.

I really dont think it would be that hard at all even if the suitcase had close to 90 or 100 pounds total weight. The stairs are already an incline ramp sort of, and pulling something is much easier than pushing something because of friction and how as you pull, you can lift up the handle part you are pulling so only the bottom most edge of the suitcase would bounce on each step. The way I see it she could just stop and take a break on any step so long as she had ahold of the handle and she could rest and then go at it again.

This article describes why its easier to pull something rather than to push it. Basically its due to the friction being much less when pulling. Its something to always keep in mind when you have to move a heavy object.

Why is it easier to pull a heavy object than to push it on a level ground? - Quora

Last edited:
That’s a staggering number of warrants, and I’m not sure I’ve heard of a case with that many (atleast with one suspect and victim).

I think much of that is due to her actions following the murder, as she talked and talked, and lied and lied.

She just kept manufacturing evidence against herself, and digging that hole deeper.
ITA I can only imagine the trail she left - on video, phones, computers, forensics, etc. I still wonder if the suitcase had a luggage name tag on it?
IMO

That’s a staggering number of warrants, and I’m not sure I’ve heard of a case with that many (atleast with one suspect and victim).

I think much of that is due to her actions following the murder, as she talked and talked, and lied and lied.

She just kept manufacturing evidence against herself, and digging that hole deeper.
I know. Let her talk.

Some people think there’s no way the defense will let this trial take place.

I think she will insist on her day to trash her “enemies”.

I know. Let her talk.

Some people think there’s no way the defense will let this trial take place.

I think she will insist on her day to trash her “enemies”.
Unfortunately for the defense, that call is entirely hers. I wouldn’t be shocked if she fired her attorneys at some point.

bbm

Blaming HH: Unfortunately, I think almost everything LS has claimed happened in her own “defense” could be reinterpreted as LS trying to cover up and protect HH if LS does try to claim the “HH did it” scenario.

Blaming HH won’t succeed, but it would sure muddy the waters for awhile.

As to the use of the plywood as a ramp to roll/pull the suitcase up the stairs: I think that would be almost impossible for one person to do by herself. You’d not only have to pull the suitcase up the incline, but also pull the piece of plywood up the stairs underneath the suitcase at the same time. Super unwieldy and worse than pulling the suitcase up by itself.

Plywood is normally a 4x8 foot sheet. And heavier than you might think. Even at its longest, an 8 foot piece of plywood (whatever width) is not going to span from the bottom to top of a staircase, even one with a landing in the middle. And pushing it all up from below (suitcase on plywood) is unwieldy, too.

So I don’t think using plywood as a ramp up the stairs is realistic.

If she used anything to help get the suitcase up the stairs, wrapping it in a sheet or blanket and pulling that bundle up the stairs makes more sense to me.

I do think she used the plywood under the suitcase for transport in her car.

But the plywood usage is of minor importance to me, except as having blood evidence, as is how she managed to move the suitcase. Unless another person is implicated, which would change a lot of my suppositions.

All IMO.
I don’t believe she will let HH take the blame.

But I do believe she has a plan to blame it all on AS. It would mean she would have to plead guilty and insist on testifying that AS was a bad dad, bad husband, and that he knew she was about to break and pushed her into doing what she did.

In the beginning she tried blaming LH. That didn’t work. Blaming AS would be her way of trying to have the jury sympathize with her.

Good luck with that.

Unfortunately for the defense, that call is entirely hers. I wouldn’t be shocked if she fired her attorneys at some point.

I agree and I can see her relationship with her defense attorney going just like it did with Jodi Arias and her lawyer. At the beginning they both tolerated each other as best they could. Then the male attorney asked the judge if he could be removed from the case. LOL

The judge didnt allow it because it would take too much time to get another defense attorney up to speed with the fiasco trial, so there was an agreement to pay him much more per hour than he was normally getting before his pay increase.

That kept him on until she decided to pull a "Bundy" and be her own attorney to defend herself. That didnt last long as she quickly realized she could not handle it. Back to the regular attorney till the end.

Well sort of the end. She almost ended up destroying both the defense attorney and prosecution attorney's carreers even from prison. She managed to get her defense attorney license revoked in Arizona because of the book he wrote about the case. And for the prosecution attorney, she managed to get him in trouble too.

TS is similar in that she wont give up till she ruins peoples lives.

MOO
I wonder if she just carried him up the stairs and then put him in the suitcase upstairs to wheel him out to the Tiguan. We don't know where all the blood might have been, just that there was enough blood evidence in his room that LE believes he was murdered in his room.

I wonder if she just carried him up the stairs and then put him in the suitcase upstairs to wheel him out to the Tiguan. We don't know where all the blood might have been, just that there was enough blood evidence in his room that LE believes he was murdered in his room.

Good point. That may have been even easier that way.

I agree and I can see her relationship with her defense attorney going just like it did with Jodi Arias and her lawyer. At the beginning they both tolerated each other as best they could. Then the male attorney asked the judge if he could be removed from the case. LOL

The judge didnt allow it because it would take too much time to get another defense attorney up to speed with the fiasco trial, so there was an agreement to pay him much more per hour than he was normally getting before his pay increase.

That kept him on until she decided to pull a "Bundy" and be her own attorney to defend herself. That didnt last long as she quickly realized she could not handle it. Back to the regular attorney till the end.

Well sort of the end. She almost ended up destroying both the defense attorney and prosecution attorney's carreers even from prison. She managed to get her defense attorney license revoked in Arizona because of the book he wrote about the case. And for the prosecution attorney, she managed to get him in trouble too.

Remember too her first round of public defenders were able to withdraw from her case. I’ve heard stories that she hasn’t adjusted well and isn’t liked in prison.

Some people thrive. I don’t believe LS will do well either.

Got it -- this appears to be the taped off location beneath the Escambia River Bridge:

NINTCHDBPICT000572570478.jpg

Gannon Stauch 'was murdered in his bedroom by stepmom Letecia - who then sent sister get cleaning supplies'

Whoa! I did not know that.

YouTube is saying LS has filed two. New motions. One is against DWAP. Anyone have access to those court record filings?
Ok quoting my own post. I went to YouTube after I was alerted. Watched the video and it was a big nothing. Just someone who likely had too much to drink and wanting viewers I guess.
Sorry about that.

The possibility of LS pulling or pushing 100 lbs. up a flight of stairs, especially if already in a suitcase, has never been doubted in my mind.

I'm a small woman, but very determined, and I've moved extremely heavy things around my house. Furniture, large boxes of books (those get heavy fast!) up stairs.... My husband scolds me (I don't listen, fyi), but sometimes I just want things done and I don't want to ask for help. I find a way to get it done by myself. Don't underestimate a woman determined to do something. Now, I've never had to move a body, but I imagine the weight would not deter LS, even if it meant stopping to breathe on every single stair.

Good point. That may have been even easier that way.

I've been viewing photos today and the more I look at the residence, I don't think it would present a challenge for LS to pull the suitcase up a few stairs, pivot to the interior, pedestrian garage door, and drop a stair to the garage floor and load up the VW.

While technically referred to as the basement, I'm seeing the children's bedrooms located in more of a 'daylight lower level' because the bedrooms are not earth-sheltered -- there's a normal window in GS bedroom. I also see the straight stairwell along the head of the garage -- not deep or steep.

Yes, I think LS rolled GS out of his bed or the couch into the suitcase and got him out of the house very quickly. She did not want to touch him. MOO

Last edited:
The possibility of LS pulling or pushing 100 lbs. up a flight of stairs, especially if already in a suitcase, has never been doubted in my mind.

I'm a small woman, but very determined, and I've moved extremely heavy things around my house. Furniture, large boxes of books (those get heavy fast!) up stairs.... My husband scolds me (I don't listen, fyi), but sometimes I just want things done and I don't want to ask for help. I find a way to get it done by myself. Don't underestimate a woman determined to do something. Now, I've never had to move a body, but I imagine the weight would not deter LS, even if it meant stopping to breathe on every single stair.

Me too, RaspberryMama. I moved a hardwood triple dresser up a full set of stairs to our second floor one day because I couldn't/wouldn't wait for my husband to get home.

Years earlier in another house I tried to move a king size mattress down a staircase that turned. I pushed it out the front door since it wouldn't pivot (of course) where it remained stuck half-in/half-out for hours until help arrived! (Not relevant to your point but it gave me a laugh to think of people driving by and seeing my predicament!)

Last edited:
I've been viewing photos today and the more I look at the residence, I don't think it would present a challenge for LS to pull the suitcase up a few stairs, pivot to the interior, pedestrian garage door, and drop a stair to the garage floor and load up the VW.

While technically referred to as the basement, I'm seeing the children's bedrooms located in more of a 'daylight lower level' because the bedrooms are not earth-sheltered -- there's a normal window in GS bedroom. I also see the straight stairwell along the head the garage -- not deep or steep.

Yes, I think LS rolled GS out of his bed or the couch into the suitcase and got him out of the house very quickly. She did not want to touch him. MOO
According to the AA, TS attempted to offer an explanation for why her blood would be found in Gannon’s room. I have to believe that she injured herself at some point.

It would be damning if her blood was found inside that suitcase.

Attachments

• C95CAA71-34A4-47A2-968D-3C5FB7058E47.jpeg
    C95CAA71-34A4-47A2-968D-3C5FB7058E47.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics