Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #51

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

WHY? I would say temper and she is psychotic. Mean. Evil.

2. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

I gave myself a timeout yesterday.

I have a daughter who is 11. This is such a wonderful, complicated, beautiful, awkward and character defining age. My daughter is reuniting with school friends, planning sleep overs, having her first crush (getting her heart broken for the first time too), feeling (and now looking) like such a grown up but still have sooooo much to learn.

He got robbed of that. His parents and sister got robbed of that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    crhedBngr, misgrn, Kingsley and 12 others like this.
  3. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if HH texted/called anyone during this.

4. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Does this mock up imply that the cellphone was cast into a river or body of water and drifted out into the ocean? Another interesting detail. Who buys a burner phone only to throw it away a few days later? Not someone doing innocent activities, I'd wager.

5. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I think I heard she had a boyfriend. not positive tho.
    moo

6. Blue Amethyst

Blue Amethyst Well-Known Member

I am trying to remember and may be way off base. When she did an interview could you see the travel van in the background?

I have no idea how to even search that.

altojack, girlhasnoname and Bailey38 like this.
  7. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

We're now learning why #LeteciaStauch wasn't there for her pre-trial hearing -- her counsel says she didn't want to show up "due to her mental health" and the stress she might go through if she was there. She would've had to listen to all the evidence presented against her.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1437912448137404419?s=21

8. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

9. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

According to testimony at the PH LS rented the "travel" van on Feb 1. (See page 8 of this thread) The TV interview was on Jan 31. Like you, I have a vague memory of a van in tbe background during part of the interview. But it can't have been one not rented until the next day. I also recall some speculation the van in tbe TV shot belonged to LS's family or to HH's boyfriend. Speculation appeared on WS, not other social media. I'm sure of that since I don't read other stuff.

JMO

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  10. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

I think spencer has commented, or tweeted, about who and what vehicles were there that day. In a section of the interview video, you can see the back of what looks to me like a white ford transit cargo van. There may or may not be a divider between passengers and cargo, but even if there is, I doubt it is airtight.

I just wonder if the possibility of him being frozen, and potentially being in a cold/cool van for the majority of the trip, that that delayed the decomp process.

I don't know. Maybe her plan all along was to dump him in florida? Or maybe she was going to hold onto him as long as possible, paranoid that LE was watching/following her, until the smell forced her to get rid of the suitcase?

JMO

11. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Man, this video is hard to watch. The demands for apologies, the histrionics-- it's chilling.

JMO

The back end of a cargo-type vehicle is visible at 4:24 and following.

WATCH: Interview with Letecia Stauch from Jan. 31, 2020

12. Pink2017

Pink2017 Well-Known Member

And yes she continues the charade….loose ropes…am not understanding how and why…doesn’t matter now.

13. Fidobell

Fidobell Well-Known Member

I've just rewatched this interview after many months . It is good to go back and watch given what we know to be true now . Its actually unbelievable the way in which she speaks about how she's been wronged . Her brazen attitude is breathtaking and really quite frightening considering how this case has played out . And I don't think Spencer buying her story one bit by the look on his face. He just let's her spout her lies .

14. Bailey38

Bailey38 Well-Known Member

No, it was larger and at the foot of the bed.

Blue Amethyst and Aloe like this.
  15. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

Crazy ,things are happening here.

16. Pavelsky

Pavelsky Well-Known Member

Sometimes there is no why..as much as we would like to understand it. Truth is there is Evil and Crazy and when they mix there is no answer acceptable to us who care so much! I read often about horrors that take place in this world and I cry and think how can this be?! The horrors are often more than I can handle so I too disappear for awhile. I come back because I believe that good triumphs over horror and that ultimately those who believe in good can keep those who want to wreak havoc in check! I hope I am right!? May justice be served, may Al and Landon and their families know that we will raise them up and keep them forever in our hearts, may Gannon know that soooo many people love him and are witness to his pain and suffering but that he is at peace now and that we will never forget him or his passion for Sonic! These are the moments that connect us and make us who we are…

JTR1973, misgrn, altojack and 6 others like this.
  17. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

I have to assume LS had a substance abuse addiction issue spiraling out of control. That amount of rage and violent physical aggression had to be exacerbated by drugs. Otherwise, I’m forced to confront my fears of the tormenting emotional abuse she probably dumped on Gannon every day when no one was around. The image of Gannon cowering and shivering in fear with her standing over him will forever haunt me. I think of the many hours we spent trying to help find him when all the while he was already dead. I drove myself damn near crazy and I bet many of y’all felt the same. Knowing what we do now, I feel sick…

18. Pavelsky

Pavelsky Well-Known Member

Like but not “like”

misgrn, PawneeDew, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

“Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain,to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish.

Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears.

Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless.

Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human.”

-Henri Nouwen

20. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

Well, first and foremost, all that matters is LE seems to have plenty of evidence for a conviction. I'm very thankful for that.

On the other hand, my selfish curious side thinks that we probably will never really know much about the what, when, where, and how.

Previously, I was pretty sure he never returned home that day. Now I think he must have. I can't think of any other reason for her to rent a car at the airport, refuse to tell Al or LE where he tiguan was, and clean her tiguan thoroughly before her interview with LE.

I'm very curious about the rest of her neighbor's video footage from that day. Did she leave the house any more times? Did she drive the truck any more? What time did she back the tiguan into the garage?

Jmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.