Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she got the idea from the Billy Milligan doco.

On Wednesday, Sept. 22, Netflix debuted "Monsters Inside: The 24 Faces of Billy Milligan" about the man at the center of one of Central Ohio’s most notorious crime stories. In 1977, Milligan was charged with kidnapping, robbing and raping three women near the Ohio State University campus, but he claimed he was innocent. Instead, the real culprits were two of his other personalities—a 23-year-old Yugoslavian named Ragen and a 19-year-old woman named Adalana. He said both took over his body and consciousness during the crimes.

The Multiple Personalities of Billy Milligan Told in 'Monsters Inside'

I think she got the idea from the Billy Milligan doco.

On Wednesday, Sept. 22, Netflix debuted "Monsters Inside: The 24 Faces of Billy Milligan" about the man at the center of one of Central Ohio’s most notorious crime stories. In 1977, Milligan was charged with kidnapping, robbing and raping three women near the Ohio State University campus, but he claimed he was innocent. Instead, the real culprits were two of his other personalities—a 23-year-old Yugoslavian named Ragen and a 19-year-old woman named Adalana. He said both took over his body and consciousness during the crimes.

The Multiple Personalities of Billy Milligan Told in 'Monsters Inside'

upload_2021-12-10_15-39-10.jpeg

They accepted the argument because nine different people evaluated him. The judge acquitted him, and the prosecution did not contest the ruling. Milligan was the first ever defendant found not guilty due to multiple personalities, known now as dissociative personality disorder.Oct 26, 2021

Billy Milligan: Can Someone With Dissociative Identity ... - A&E
https://www.aetv.com › billy-milligan-diagnosis

So does this mean Eguardo is really Letecia?

I wonder if she read a book about Billy Milligan. He was a serial rapist in the 1970's who was found innocent by reason of insanity. A psychiatrist claimed he had something like 24 different personalities.

But the attorneys are suggesting she developed this disorder after the murder.

I wonder if she is still claiming someone else is responsible. Maybe the defense is hoping to use the diagnosis to explain her behavior and cover up after the murder.

What Doctor diagnosed her if she hasn't had an evaluation?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. She can't hide forever.
How else can the defense explain 3 different stories of what happened? Three different personalities of course. I suppose “childhood trauma was triggered”. But by what? Which events will they claim were real?

View attachment 326069

They accepted the argument because nine different people evaluated him. The judge acquitted him, and the prosecution did not contest the ruling. Milligan was the first ever defendant found not guilty due to multiple personalities, known now as dissociative personality disorder.Oct 26, 2021

Billy Milligan: Can Someone With Dissociative Identity ... - A&E
https://www.aetv.com › billy-milligan-diagnosis

Interesting post thanks. This will never happen here in this case. It can not happen. I've got faith in the Judge, he's got this monstrous piece of **** in his sight.

Sorry the ****doesnt mean anything in particular up ^ there. I couldn't think what to call her.

I keep forgetting she was a teacher and around children as her profession. Wild.
It’s terrifying to me that this woman was “teaching” at all.

Her grammar is horrendous. She can’t even put a sentence together properly.

How she managed to get a teaching job is beyond my comprehension.

MOO

Forgive me for the pettiness, but I SO HOPE the guys with big biceps drag her into court next time. Kicking and screaming, please.

Of course she'll probably accuse them all of hitting on her. This woman... deserves the same he** she put Gannon through.

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/letecia-stauch-to-receive-another-mental-evaluation

"If he (the defense) were able to successfully show that she has a mental condition that dissociates her mentally from herself after the crime, then he may be able to get some of that evidence barred from the trial," explained Stephen Longo, Attorney and Owner of The Longo Firm in Colorado Springs.

The judge said he did not have enough information about the disorder in question, and emphasized that the evaluation will not be a competency or insanity evaluation.

The state hospital says they have downsized their capacity by 95 beds due to staffing issues.

"We do have many vacant positions at the state hospital, a lot of those are nursing and direct staff. We can't securely manage individuals and that's why we made that decision," said Jagruti Shah with the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo.

At a previous hearing, the defense said on Thursday they plan on introducing new evidence regarding a mental health issue related to Letecia. They said that the mental health defense would only apply to Letecia's actions after the alleged murder of Gannon. The judge said it's likely this mental health defense could be related to the charge of tampering with a body or anything after the alleged murder.

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/letecia-stauch-to-receive-another-mental-evaluation

"If he (the defense) were able to successfully show that she has a mental condition that dissociates her mentally from herself after the crime, then he may be able to get some of that evidence barred from the trial," explained Stephen Longo, Attorney and Owner of The Longo Firm in Colorado Springs.

The judge said he did not have enough information about the disorder in question, and emphasized that the evaluation will not be a competency or insanity evaluation.

The state hospital says they have downsized their capacity by 95 beds due to staffing issues.

"We do have many vacant positions at the state hospital, a lot of those are nursing and direct staff. We can't securely manage individuals and that's why we made that decision," said Jagruti Shah with the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo.

At a previous hearing, the defense said on Thursday they plan on introducing new evidence regarding a mental health issue related to Letecia. They said that the mental health defense would only apply to Letecia's actions after the alleged murder of Gannon. The judge said it's likely this mental health defense could be related to the charge of tampering with a body or anything after the alleged murder.
^^bbm

Following the tweets, I think the Judge made the comment about not having enough info about the disorder in question because the defense had not yet specified which one of the four types of dissociative disorders they believed applied to LS. Then the defense finally stated dissociative identity disorder.

By definition, people who experience a traumatic event will have some degree of dissociation in the following hours, days, or weeks.

IMO, I think this theory is what the defense hopes to use to suppress what LS said in her interviews with investigators and media interviews following the murder of GS. IMO, I think it's pretty much a nothingburger for this case and a feeble attempt for a mitigating factor at sentencing.

It's a fact that the required evaluation will delay the proceedings but not affect the end result. Every interview could be suppressed and it won't change the volume of circumstancial evidence that LS murdered GS. If you think about it, all that LS said in her statements and interviews were lies. The case doesn't need her statements to convict her. JMO

What are the four types of dissociative disorders?

Dissociative disorders include dissociative amnesia, dissociative fugue, depersonalisation disorder and dissociative identity disorder.

People who experience a traumatic event will often have some degree of dissociation during the event itself or in the following hours, days or weeks.

^^bbm

Following the tweets, I think the Judge made the comment about not having enough info about the disorder in question because the defense had not yet specified which one of the four types of dissociative disorders they believed applied to LS. Then the defense finally stated dissociative identity disorder.

By definition, people who experience a traumatic event will have some degree of dissociation in the following hours, days, or weeks.

IMO, I think this theory is what the defense hopes to use to suppress what LS said in her interviews with investigators and media interviews following the murder of GS. IMO, I think it's pretty much a nothingburger for this case and a feeble attempt for a mitigating factor at sentencing.

It's a fact that the required evaluation will delay the proceedings but not affect the end result. Every interview could be suppressed and it won't change the volume of circumstancial evidence that LS murdered GS. If you think about it, all that LS said in her statements and interviews were lies. The case doesn't need her statements to convict her. JMO
I absolutely agree.
They might delay the trial and keep some evidence out, but it won’t keep her from being convicted of this heinous crime.
Some of her outrageous lies and changing stories about Eguardo and such might convince some that she has a mental condition, but her actions of having her daughter buy cleaning supplies, her renting a car the next morning to pick up AS at the airport, her turning off her phone at key times and her internet searches all point to consciousness of guilt and trying to cover her crimes.
I can’t believe they are trying this.. IMO it doesn’t matter what her state of mind was AFTER the crime.. She did the DAMNED crime! Child abuse resulting in the death of a child , Murder in the first degree , Violence with use of a deadly weapon. She has 13 counts against her.
Sorry, it just sickens me that she has wasted so much of the Court’s time and put G’s family through this.
JMO

This is all JMO…

I’ve said all along that Letecia will blame Gannon and this latest news about DID fits with that type of defense. She’ll say Gannon attacked her or some such nonsense and she had to defend herself, which resulted in Gannon’s death. The defense will bring in her supposed DID to mitigate her actions after she realized she had killed Gannon. I think she will insist on testifying because she believes she can convince a jury that she had no choice.

A similar defense worked for Robert Durst when he was charged with killing and dismembering Morris Black in Texas. But Letecia murdered a child who, according to her, was sick at the time. Gannon was stabbed many times, had a gunshot wound and a fractured skull. The jury will find her repugnant, no matter what the circumstances, so she won’t be as lucky as Durst.

This is all JMO…

I’ve said all along that Letecia will blame Gannon and this latest news about DID fits with that type of defense. She’ll say Gannon attacked her or some such nonsense and she had to defend herself, which resulted in Gannon’s death. The defense will bring in her supposed DID to mitigate her actions after she realized she had killed Gannon. I think she will insist on testifying because she believes she can convince a jury that she had no choice.

A similar defense worked for Robert Durst when he was charged with killing and dismembering Morris Black in Texas. But Letecia murdered a child who, according to her, was sick at the time. Gannon was stabbed many times, had a gunshot wound and a fractured skull. The jury will find her repugnant, no matter what the circumstances, so she won’t be as lucky as Durst.
GREAT post!

Dissociative Identity Disorder was previously referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder. Think "Sybil"... Extremely rare. Diagnostic criteria as follows:

• The existence of two or more distinct identities (or “personality states”). The distinct identities are accompanied by changes in behavior, memory and thinking. The signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.
    • Ongoing gaps in memory about everyday events, personal information and/or past traumatic events.
    • The symptoms cause significant distress or problems in social, occupational or other areas of functioning.
There should be documentatiom of this if true and it should have come up at the competency evals. I don't buy it... at all.

Oh,so she killed Gannon and one of her other personalities helped her out by driving his body to Florida :rolleyes:

I don't buy it either and something tells me the psych will see through her again too!

So does this mean Eguardo is really Letecia?

I wonder if she read a book about Billy Milligan. He was a serial rapist in the 1970's who was found innocent by reason of insanity. A psychiatrist claimed he had something like 24 different personalities.

But the attorneys are suggesting she developed this disorder after the murder.

I wonder if she is still claiming someone else is responsible. Maybe the defense is hoping to use the diagnosis to explain her behavior and cover up after the murder.

What Doctor diagnosed her if she hasn't had an evaluation?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. She can't hide forever.

It would be an interesting twist to hear her explain how Edguardo sexually assaulted her ,or would that be himself?, If she tried to claim this, or was Clancy the rapist who attacked her and Gannon? I lose track.....and I'm just one person ;)

Dissociative Identity Disorder was previously referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder. Think "Sybil"... Extremely rare. Diagnostic criteria as follows:

• The existence of two or more distinct identities (or “personality states”). The distinct identities are accompanied by changes in behavior, memory and thinking. The signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.
    • Ongoing gaps in memory about everyday events, personal information and/or past traumatic events.
    • The symptoms cause significant distress or problems in social, occupational or other areas of functioning.
There should be documentatiom of this if true and it should have come up at the competency evals. I don't buy it... at all.
She's just full of it! But basically, she's saying she did murder Gannon.
Thank you for your admission Leticia!

Thank you for posting this. I don’t buy it and neither will a jury. She pulled this one out of her butt because she has nothing else. Maybe the suggestion was written in her peanut butter?

IMO if this is permitted to be introduced at her trial, Letecia will likely try to claim she has no memory of doing anything with Gannon’s remains. Sort of like Jodi Arias and her fog. Her family might be inclined to lie for her and claim she’s always displayed behaviors like those seen in DID.

If she does use this to mitigate, the State will have to call witnesses to rebut. I’m sure AL would be able to say he never heard her complain of memory loss and he never saw any indication that he was dealing with anyone other than Letecia. The State could also bring in testimony that if her family knew she suffered from DID, they should have warned Al that it was unsafe to leave the children alone with her.

Even if she manages to con a doctor in diagnosing her with DID, she’ll face a long uphill battle to get a jury to believe it and she’ll still have to explain the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle