Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis was paid for this, and paid well, to attach her name to it.
I hope the amount is disclosed.
I am sure Lewis is being paid. Any outside expert on any topic-- mental health, blood patterns (like the famous Henry Lee) or autopsy results (like Michael Baden) would be. That doesn't mean their testimony is automatically tainted though. While opposing counsel will try to imply a witness is saying X only because he/she is being paid, we can't expect people to work for free. And it's not as though the state's mental health experts from Pueblo work for free. If defense experts couldn't be paid, how could our system work?

It's also true that Lewis is an expert in dissociative disorders. But that makes sense. If a defendant was claiming schizophrenia played a role in the crime, the defense wouldn't hire an expert in dementia.

I have no idea what Lewis will say and whether she'll be credible. But knowing she's been paid won't be an important factor for me.

JMO

I am sure Lewis is being paid. Any outside expert on any topic-- mental health, blood patterns (like the famous Henry Lee) or autopsy results (like Michael Baden) would be. That doesn't mean their testimony is automatically tainted though. While opposing counsel will try to imply a witness is saying X only because he/she is being paid, we can't expect people to work for free. And it's not as though the state's mental health experts from Pueblo work for free. If defense experts couldn't be paid, how could our system work?

It's also true that Lewis is an expert in dissociative disorders. But that makes sense. If a defendant was claiming schizophrenia played a role in the crime, the defense wouldn't hire an expert in dementia.

I have no idea what Lewis will say and whether she'll be credible. But knowing she's been paid won't be an important factor for me.

JMO
Asking all the expert witnesses their billing rate for working on the case and/or their rate for testifying at the trial is a very typical question by both the prosecutor and the defense during the trial. I don't think this affects jurors when rating the expert's credibility.

Asking all the expert witnesses their billing rate for working on the case and/or their rate for testifying at the trial is a very typical question by both the prosecutor and the defense during the trial. I don't think this affects jurors when rating the expert's credibility.
I agree it may not. But I expect the reason it's asked is because there's always the chance the answer will cause at least one of the jurors to view the witness in a negative light. I can't say I've ever seen either side ask their own witness that question. It's a question that gets asked on cross-examination.
JMO

LS is exhausting. IIRC she also filed a EEOC complaint against an employer. It appears she always has to be in conflict and have an enemy in her life. One being an 11 year old boy that she murdered. imo

I agree it may not. But I expect the reason it's asked is because there's always the chance the answer will cause at least one of the jurors to view the witness in a negative light. I can't say I've ever seen either side ask their own witness that question. It's a question that gets asked on cross-examination.
JMO
I think asking about money is in bad taste, and it is done to undermine.

Nobody, surely, thinks the experts work for free.
Job must always be adequately paid for.

They are paid for their knowledge, which was obtained by hard work and high cost.

MOO

I don't want to sound controversial but I cannot understand 1 thing.

The boy had both bio parents - and yet, he was mainly under the "care" of a disturbed woman who eventually murdered him.

There must have been numerous red flags.
But he was left to suffer alone.

MOO

Even law students know that the answer to “Expert X, how much were you paid for your opinion?” is “I was paid for my time, not my opinion. My rate is X/hr.” It’s not uncommon for an attorney to elicit testimony about $, but juries typically don’t give it much weight because no expert works for free - and BOTH sides have experts. It’s more for shock value, especially when the jurors skew lower-income and learn the testifying expert is getting hundreds per hour. Rarely makes much of an impact beyond that IMO.

Since when was she Jewish? Did I miss that in the beginning?.
(Sorry if this is covered in her letter, I don't have enough time in my bs calender to read it right now)
Back in the day when you pre ordered meals on planes if you had dietary restrictions, it was well known among us frequent flyers to order kosher meals as the food was much better, better prepared and they did not cut corners.

My guess is that this is what Leticia is doing. Taking a religious exemption to acquire better food.

I guess it was a way to solve her peanut butter problem.

U.S. District Court - District of Colorado​

District of Colorado (Denver)​

CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:22-cv-02467-GPG​

Stauch v. El Paso County et al
Assigned to: Magistrate Judge Gordon P. Gallagher
Cause: 42:1983 Prisoner Civil Rights

Date Filed: 09/22/2022
Jury Demand: None
Nature of Suit: 550 Prisoner - Civil Rights (U.S. not a defendant)
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Plaintiff
Letecia Stauch
represented by​
Letecia Stauch
#A0342156
El Paso County Criminal Justice Center
2739 East Las Vegas Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
PRO SE

V.
Defendant
El Paso County
official capacity
Defendant
L. Stengle
Defendant
R. Snipe
Defendant
Wellpath
Defendant
Trinity Food Services
Job Title: Inmate Food Distribution

Date Filed#Docket Text
09/22/2022
PRISONER COMPLAINT against El Paso County, R. Snipe, L. Stengle, Trinity Food Services, Wellpath, filed by Letecia Stauch. (Attachments: # 1 Envelope)(tgall, ) Modified to corrected docket text 9/22/2022 (tgall, ). (Entered: 09/22/2022)
09/22/2022
2​
Case assigned to Magistrate Judge Gordon P. Gallagher. Text Only Entry. (tgall, ) (Entered: 09/22/2022)
09/22/2022
Prisoner's Motion and Affidavit for Leave to Proceed Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1915. by Plaintiff Letecia Stauch. (tgall, ) (Entered: 09/22/2022)
09/23/2022
ORDER Granting 3 Leave to Proceed Pursuant tot 28 U.S.C. § 1915, by Magistrate Judge Gordon P. Gallagher on 9/23/2022.(angar, ) (Entered: 09/26/2022)

Did you notice it says Pro Se !! This should be good! LOL!

Back in the day when you pre ordered meals on planes if you had dietary restrictions, it was well known among us frequent flyers to order kosher meals as the food was much better, better prepared and they did not cut corners.

My guess is that this is what Leticia is doing. Taking a religious exemption to acquire better food.

I guess it was a way to solve her peanut butter problem.
Agreed, LS is always looking for an angle IMO. She makes me nauseous just looking at her.

I see 3 signatures, and the last one looks considerably different. More upright, than the right-slanted way the other two look.

On page 2 - it looks like she signed pizzed... Page 3 signature, not so much being angry. And page 4 one - all "flowery" - don't know how else to explain that one! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288