CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, March 24th:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 4) & Review Hearing (escape) (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) akas Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name), Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond. [see below for re-filed charges].
Charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.
Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Trial began on 3/20/23 with jury selection (could take up to 14 days). Going for 110 potential jurors who will be back in court on 4/3/23 for final jury selection. 12 jurors & 6 alternates to be picked. 3/20/23: 20 potential jurors. 3/21/23: 18 potential jurors. 3/22/23: 21 potential jurors. Total so far: 59. Per Judge, each side will have 16 peremptory challenges in final jury selection.
Trial will begin on 4/3/23 in the afternoon after final jury selection. (6 week trial). Judge Gregory Werner set 4/3/23 as the earliest date that attorneys can begin opening statements, even if jury selection is completed earlier than expected. Trial will start in afternoon after final jury selection is done.
Trial will be from 9am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday each week. No Trial on Thursdays as Judge has other commitments. No trial on 5/12/23.

Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 3/20/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-2 (3/20-3/21/23) reference post #142 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...so-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page-8

3/22/23 Wednesday, Jury Selection Day 3: Another 75 people called in to start another round of jury selection. This afternoon 21 more potential jurors were selected to return on 4/3/23 for final jury selection.
for more info see posts #202, 203, 208 & 209 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page10-
Jury selection continues on Friday, 3/24/23.

Last edited:
Looks like she also has a Review hearing on the escape attempt today.

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
3/24/23
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Jury Trial D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

3/24/23
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Review WAppearance of Parties D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Judge making an important statement to let Jurors know that 4th Judicial District offers free counseling to any Jurors who have served on a Criminal case Trial.

This hits two ways.

First, I'm thankful the District offer counseling to jurors. That's helpful.

What angers me is that LS and her propensity for true evil will negatively impact the lives of the jurors, who won't be able to forget the images they see and the story they hear.

That seems like a crime in itself.

This hits two ways.

First, I'm thankful the District offer counseling to jurors. That's helpful.

What angers me is that LS and her propensity for true evil will negatively impact the lives of the jurors, who won't be able to forget the images they see and the story they hear.

That seems like a crime in itself.
I know. But I doubt anyone who commits any crime gives much thought to anyone he/she/they knows much less thought to people they don't. And LS tried to have a bench trial instead. But the DA wouldn't agree.

There's just so much bad stuff to go around.
JMO

One woman spoke 2 different times to say she and her family have had such negative experience with the Judicial system that she is not sure if she can serve, said she is bitter and it’s what she thinks about just walking into that building.

Judge asked her “ what if you look at it like you can help us get it right? “

I think she said she might be able to do that.
She sounds like someone who might pick the opposite side of the jury, defiantly, just to hang them and get back at the system. Kind of like the lone juror who just ruined the Isabel Celis attempt at justice.

Do you have to "call in" when you're on the app?
Not really call in, but you have to log in to the app and then put in the link or the access code when prompted. You can get the correct code from the link in the above comment.

Edited to add: It's "Webinar Info" where you get the code. I'll paste it below. Hope this helps.

Not really call in, but you have to log in to the app and then put in the link or the access code when prompted. You can get the correct code from the link in the above comment.

Edited to add: It's "Webinar Info" where you get the code. I'll paste it below. Hope this helps.

I just have to click join webinar and the the join button again. I'm already logged in to webex app on android .

I’m not counting but I think Judge has dismissed at least 10 people. Maybe more?

Breaking for an early lunch now ( 11:00 a.m. )

Back at 1:00

Judge and Counsel will go over Juror questionnaires over lunch to prepare for voir dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305