Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #24 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the quoted comments from the user questioning why Gannon's mother didn't have custody of him was really upsetting. I know the conversation has ended, but for anyone in the future who might be asking such a question - please know that it's hurtful to make such assumptions. Just because a bio-parent doesn't have custody does NOT automatically make them a bad parent, a junkie or anything sinister at all. My mother is a fantastic mother who cared enough for me and my sister to send us to live with my father because she knew that he had the financial means to care for us better. She chose the path that was much, much harder on her emotionally, in order for my sister and me to be afforded better opportunities. The minute that my mother felt she was able to provide more, she went right back to court and she got us back.

To make assumptions about why any parent doesn't have primary custody is extraordinarily hurtful and I hope that others will consider this in the future.

Reading the quoted comments from the user questioning why Gannon's mother didn't have custody of him was really upsetting. I know the conversation has ended, but for anyone in the future who might be asking such a question - please know that it's hurtful to make such assumptions. Just because a bio-parent doesn't have custody does NOT automatically make them a bad parent, a junkie or anything sinister at all. My mother is a fantastic mother who cared enough for me and my sister to send us to live with my father because she knew that he had the financial means to care for us better. She chose the path that was much, much harder on her emotionally, in order for my sister and me to be afforded better opportunities. The minute that my mother felt she was able to provide more, she went right back to court and she got us back.

To make assumptions about why any parent doesn't have primary custody is extraordinarily hurtful and I hope that others will consider this in the future.
Ditto, thank you. Let's also remember that child was with his bio dad. All I have seen makes me think both bio parents loved him deeply.

Back here for Gannon after a very busy weekend. I was reading updates the best I could but there's no way I will be able to catch up on the missed threads, so I apologize if I bring something up that has been discussed to a nauseating length.
Let today be the day!!

50/50 based on personal experience, I've seen it not taken too seriously. But seriously, I'm moving on from "mileage gate" as the car has trackers, so if the car was all over the city/town/state...it's known. And no offense meant to you @FlamingJane for bringing it up.
Yes thank goodness so even if she thought she was being smart leaving her phone at home for 2 days in a row (although I think that in itself is just as damning evidence as taking it with you!!!!) they know where she's been!
I reckon we're gonna be totally shocked when we do find out the details of TS's movements around the time of Gannon's dissapearence!

Re the rental car.. I was looking through Yelp etc reviews for CS airport Budget Cars. Even thought theres probably a natural bias to attract negative reviews I didnt get the vibe its the kind of place where lax data input is a rare occurrence.

We arent dealing with enriched uranium here .. huge scope for error .. example scemarios:

Cashier: "Hey Steve-o that Kia I dont have an odometer out on that its coming up blank"
Steve-o "Just put in 5 [hunded]".

or

Cashier overwrites previous odometer reading accidentally by hitting 5 plus whatever hotkeys goes to tab down.

or

The previous odometer was 2692. System has some prevalidation "Error: mileage is negative". Cashier says whatever it says 950 on my form and edits previous odometer to 5 to close the error message. After all its an unlimited hire rental and no one cares about the odometer on the invoice.
[/QUOTE]

DBM.

Last edited:

Well said, thank you very much.

It's important to remember there is a WIDE array of family dynamics out there - and bio parents aren't always the custodial parents for an infinite number of legitimate reasons.

Here at WS, parents (who have not been named suspect, POI or who do not conduct themselves in the public eye as if they are suspects or POI's) of missing kids, are considered victims. And WS is victim friendly.

That original poster has left the building!

Last edited:
I'm so far behind. I read some posts from last night about where she might go to dispose of GS's body. I've had Castlewood Canyon in my mind for weeks and still think that. Another area I've thought about is Rampart Range (kind of above Garden of the Gods). I haven't driven that road in several years but at that time was maybe a little less traveled than some of the busier highways. However, I believe because LE has good reasons to search the areas they are searching. It's hard to be patient but what else can we do? I believe they will make an arrest and am still hopeful they can find Gannon. JMO

I am in the process of making a map with search locations. If anyone can remember all of the locations please send me a message. I want to flag each location starting from the day that he went missing. Thank you

IMO In her interview I think she actually says "two cute little dogs" or "two little cute dogs" where the transcript says "two Loki dogs." They are a small, fluffy breed.
If it's Loki dogs they look like wolves and grow to be fairly large in size.

loki-wolf-dog.jpg

I am in the process of making a map with search locations. If anyone can remember all of the locations please send me a message. I want to flag each location starting from the day that he went missing. Thank you
Not that has been reported in MSM today.
But I'm hopeful they have some people atleast checking out places that coincide with all the digital data they have gathered :)

50/50 based on personal experience, I've seen it not taken too seriously. But seriously, I'm moving on from "mileage gate" as the car has trackers, so if the car was all over the city/town/state...it's known. And no offense meant to you @FlamingJane for bringing it up.
Oh no offense taken, believe me! I was just recapping my thoughts for an earlier commenter on this thread who wasn’t a part of yesterday’s convo (that I remember anyways).

The mileage gate, as you call it, is growing old for me too. But, as a parent of an almost 11 year old boy, I feel like the principle here is super important.

If my son was missing, and there was even a 2% chance that LS drove 955 miles the next day, that 2% chance of recovering my son/answers would be incredibly important to me. And I think the possibility/likelihood of it being accurate is much higher here. Maybe even 50/50.

So it’s hard for me to understand why other posters I respect say “it’s not likely, let’s move on” when we have no factual reason to exclude the information. I feel duty bound to keep including any information that can’t be factually excluded because we are talking about a tragedy that happened to a vulnerable child...the same age as the one who lives in my house.

Now are we the ones with all the data tracking info or cadaver dog results? Of course not. So it’s not our responsibility to figure out the accuracy question conclusively. But I am humbly asking other sleuthers to keep this information in mind as we are forming theories or discovering new information, because if it were my kid, I would want every person to be offering the most fully formed observations they could. Because who knows who the right tip or idea might come from?

I will try not to overdo it on the mileage bits today, but please understand my heart that no stone go unturned. Thanks for listening.

I personally think that a dog park would be one of the *worst* possible places to dispose of anything someone didn't want found. Dogs are *great* at finding things …
That’s what I think every time I hear a perp has buried their victim in their own backyard. But I do think that many perps do bury or leave their victims In a place that is familiar to them and often times meaningful to them. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case with TS. I’m not convinced she doesn’t want him found. I do get the sense she is throwing out clues. Is it a game she’s playing? I don’t know but I sure feel like i’m In the middle of a real life game of Clue. JMO

Re the rental car.. I was looking through Yelp etc reviews for CS airport Budget Cars. Even thought theres probably a natural bias to attract negative reviews I didnt get the vibe its the kind of place where lax data input is a rare occurrence.

We arent dealing with enriched uranium here .. huge scope for error .. example scemarios:

Cashier: "Hey Steve-o that Kia I dont have an odometer out on that its coming up blank"
Steve-o "Just put in 5 [hunded]".

or

Cashier overwrites previous odometer reading accidentally by hitting 5 plus whatever hotkeys goes to tab down.

or

The previous odometer was 2692. System has some prevalidation "Error: mileage is negative". Cashier says whatever it says 950 on my form and edits previous odometer to 5 to close the error message. After all its an unlimited hire rental and no one cares about the odometer on the invoice.
[/QUOTE]
I am one of the ppl thats experienced closely monitored rentals I believe she traveled 955 mi. etc. But, I am also a business owner where I see a high turnover its just the type business I deal with and let me tell you. The potential for stupid human error is unbelievable where "all you have to do is click that button when you get there and click it again when you leave" turns into what I think is a total idiot fest for real and I am being kind. I sound mean but truly I think it is just laziness, they arent that dumb, they just dont care, it can really create problems and error reporting is a possibility.
I've never seen it on our rentals and ive rented so many but I know it probably happens. We would catch it immediately though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88