Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
“EXCLUSIVE: (Day 17) Search operations continue for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch at an undisclosed location in Douglas County. Search teams of 50+ people are getting ready to search the area in the snow. @FOX21News #FindGannon #GannonStauch
View attachment 231825
9:28 AM · Feb 13, 2020 (local/MST)
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

ETA: They must have a solid lead, IMO. Please let this beautiful child be found today.

I am hopeful that they will find him soon. The idea that they are out after all the snow indicates that they are not looking for a small item as a small item would be under the snow. I am relieved to see the search efforts but am sad looking at them spread out in a line. My thoughts are with Gannon, his family and all of these searchers. I do hope today is the day.

Last edited:
That is a lot of stuff that shows she is a liar.

Why are so many believing her?
I don't even care about any of them.
I reckon a lot of it is trolling.
They do what they do, we do what we do... is all, really.
The sm platforms are off the Richter scale crazy, dangerous and dark.
They do it for kicks, it's that twisted.
JMO

Rsbm
This! I am mostly caught up (for now) but I missed this....help?!?!

Here are some of the quotes from the neighbor.

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'she lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend’s house,'" Drayton said.

Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

"Drayton said the video shows the stepmother getting into a red pickup truck parked in the driveway of their Colorado Springs home. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, Drayton said.

"I caught Gannon getting into her vehicle at 10:13 Monday morning," Drayton said. He said the video shows the truck returning to the house at 2:19 p.m. but Gannon is nowhere to be seen."

"I just kept searching and I saw where she came back. And he didn’t get out of the vehicle. So she came back by herself about four hours later," Drayton said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillance-video-shows-stepmom-colorado-boy-missing/story?id=68746900

Drayton says the video shows Stauch and his stepmother leaving the home in a pickup truck about 10:13 a.m. on Jan. 27.

"I saw him come out of the house, get into the truck. Something's not right," Drayton said, adding that Stauch looked sluggish and as though he may have been "drugged."

Video shows the truck returning at 2:19 p.m. However, Stauch is not seen.

"[He] never got out of the truck," Drayton said.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/surveillance-footage-could-provide-clues-in-search-for-missing-el-paso-county-boy/

But a neighbor, 49-year-old Roderrick Drayton, said his home surveillance video showed a female relative and Gannon get into a truck that Monday morning. When the woman returned home about four hours later, only she got out of the truck and went inside, Drayton told The Denver Post in a Tuesday interview.

“I mean, it blows her story out of the water,” Drayton said. “She came back at 2:19 without him.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/02/04/gavin-stauch-missing-colorado-springs-boy/

Here you go:

She issued the following statement:

"First and foremost, I would like to thank all agencies, volunteers, and community members who are working diligently and praying endlessly to bring Gannon home safe. Thank you to my husband who has stayed strong through this and protected our family to the best of his ability and our immediate & extended family members throughout the east coast. To Gannon, please come home soon because your daddy is waiting to watch the new Sonic movie that comes out this week and the cool shirt I got you to wear to the theatre is in your closet.

Social Media has been devastating from the harsh comments, speculations, threats, cyber bullying, etc. It has been a challenge when people are trying to run you off the road, waiting outside your hotel, threatening to kill you, etc. I encourage the Sheriff’s Office to take down those pages that promote negative behavior and violence. Let’s Do what Gannon would do. Be Kind to one another!

We all have engaged in something crazy online at some point but Gannon would want everyone to get along and to focus on finding him.

I know that many people have kids and are invested in this because it hits close to home for them. I would like to think that overall most people are genuine and want to do everything in their power to find G. With that being sad, Please take a step back for a moment and let me explain to you a few details that were not released. For example, just like the video that was leaked, there are additional details that were hidden due to 1) the department doing its job 2) the effects of social media and how some individuals would criticize or hinder the investigation. I chose to listen, I didn’t leak videos or information. But at this time it’s getting later in the process and we just want Gannon home. I feel the need to fill in some gaps. Now let me stress this, POLICE have known this since the first interview.

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house.

He told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked because he was the only one with a gate key. It made him proud to be the man of the house while Albert was away. Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday ( cleared as well for him getting out of the other side). Please don’t think for a second that there isn’t enough of technology to determine shadows and movement around the truck. There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped. We always send pictures to Albert when we are out and about or when he is away. That can be scanned for actual time verification. Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.

I explained to them and provided evidence. They had information about G having the key to go out the side gate. Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home. The last thing that they needed was a hindrance to their investigation. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!

Tecia Stauch " Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

ETA: link

Holy macaroni and cheese, ya'll.

I've not followed Gannon's case at all, this hot mess of a statement is just about the first thing I've read (Other than Tricia's header post)

It's like she scripted this from a published list of ' guilty people say'. I am stunned.

Step 1: Thank the people who haven't yet found your child.
Step 2: Make sure that the meanies know that the victim wouldn't want you to be mean.
Step 3: Try to explain away possible evidence with creepy statement that uses the word 'because' WAY too many times.
Step 4: Make sure that your statement is as much about YOU as possible.
Step 5: Try to sound smart. Good luck with that.
Step 6: Try to sound like you and LE are super besties. Again. Good luck with that.

yeah. She did a really good job here.

Bonus points for triggering my Watts PTSD, talking about the cool shirt.

I would like to have access to her internet history.

It's even more evil than it seems.
Innocence stolen and raped is nothing short of evil.
LE have already found all the evidence they need, they spent days there. They tore that house asunder, ripped up carpets, bits of hoardings, walls, the lot. They have it all, more than enough.
They do not need Gannon's body to prosecute.
But they want him found and when they find him , even though I am against the dP on principle, I hope it is applied in this case, even though it will mean listening to appeal after appeal after appeal for at least 10 years.
Life is either sacred or it's not.
Kind children are either respected or they are destroyed.
I'll be haunted forever by what I imagine his last thoughts were, the pain inflicted in his tiny body by this utter darkness which refuses light.
I will never believe it was anything other than systemic abuse.
JMO
agree. From a preemie to the horrors of a sociopath. This boy deserved a safe home. I think of SM likely telling him his mother didn’t want him, that she SM doesn’t want him; emotional abuse and fear is a terrible life. I kicked out my ex to spare my boys when they were toddlers from the verbal abuse and intimidation I endured until I discovered an article on narcissistic personality disorder and acted swiftly to escape. I would apologize for things I didn’t even do to stop my ex raging at me and would sob for hours. I’m an adult. No one especially a child should endure that. I wish someone could have saved Gannon.

Last edited:
Watching the Sheriff's office news conference today, and I thought the same as one of the reporter's asked - thought she looked for sure as if she had been crying. (she replied it pertained to something in personal life)
And one of her next comments was interesting to me - "... I do go home every day and pray for the Gannon family..."

Interesting wording. Not 'Gannon's family'. but "the Gannon family"
I think she was flustered when they confronted her about her crying and how she was upset about something in her personal life. I think she mean to say "Gannon's family" or "the Stauch family" and then mixed up the two.

They had been banished almost immediately upon his return, well before the CCTV footage emerged. They had been banished, I think , on the Tuesday night. She may have mentioned the precise date on that 'interview' she insisted upon giving backwards cos you know 'death threats'

One of the reporters mentioned asking Gannon's dad, AS, about stepmom in yesterdays interview with EPCSO. It is at -2:07

BBM:

I think the answer to that question is simple:

Some people are believing her because they want to believe her.

Which is to say, they want to believe that GS might still be alive and well.

Feelings aren't facts, though.

Facts are as follows:
  • TS is the last person to have seen GS.
  • TS is the "reporting person" who initially (mis)led LE to characterize him as a runaway.
  • TS told LE that he left to go play at a friend's house between 3:15 and 4 pm that Monday.
  • The neighbor's video shows TS leaving with GS on Monday morning and then returning in the afternoon alone.
  • TS gave an interview with her back to the camera the entire time, focusing completely on how "ecstatic" she would be when she was able to say to people that she hoped they have a sincere apology for her.
  • AS broke down crying after watching the neighbor's video and said, "She lied."
AS saw the video. He said she lied.

AS doesn't even believe her.

Her own husband doesn't believe her…and you'd better believe he knows her.

So there's that.

JMO.
Oh the Avatar!!! Beauty GK! Let it be so!!

I really question how they know where to look (traffic and home cameras?) or perhaps just tips. I believe she knew not to research maps on her phone or computer so she would be restricted to places familiar to her or she used the 17 year olds devices. Traceable evidence. So her spot of choice should be pretty narrow.
I agree she would have known enough not to use her own phone.
Burner?
Internet cafe?
All kinds of ways to obtain the info she needed as well as familiarity with a lot of the terrain from hobby hiking.

Wow! Cheers for posting....The clarity of sight and sound is amazing!
It's a pity more business owners and gas stations etc don't use such quality...most surveillance footage I see on crime help looks to be filmed by a potato o_O

P.S Do Americans say gas stations? Felt weird writing that...In Aus we call them service stations or servos lol...Cos yeah we shorten or slang most words :cool: Good onya mate ;)

Lol,in the UK we call it a garage!, " I'm going over the garage to get some petrol":D,or more recently petrol stations,but I'm stuck in my ways!

perception≠reality said:
Someone earlier in the thread said they don’t believe abuse of this level could occur without previous involvement of LE or CPS/DCFS, or signs that abuse was reported prior to this incident.

Let me say this-I was mentally, emotionally and physically abused by my stepdad throughout my entire childhood, until the age of 16. Most times my mom was either not home, or asleep on the couch pretending to not know a thing about it. He terrorized us, scared us so much we would hide from him, wet our pants being screamed at us over something as small as not taking the laundry basket downstairs when it was full. He kicked me over and over when I was curled up in a ball on the floor and dragged me up by my hair, smacked me so hard my nose bled, etc...(I cannot imagine what he would’ve done to us if we ever did something as big as accidentally catch carpet on fire)...never once were the police ever involved. Not once did CPS visit our home. And it wouldn’t have taken much for him to take it one step too far and hurt one of us beyond help. Apologies always came in the form of root beer floats or happy meals. Nobody outside our home-friends, family etc...were ever the wiser. We looked like a happy family. I ran away once, and even then, the police took me to a youth home for two days as a runaway, rather than investigating why I left the home in the first place. It all ended when he threw me down the stairs, and I told my mom to get him out or I would call the police. They divorced and my abuse ended. He then went on to have two more children with another woman, one of which committed suicide last year at the age of 16. I can imagine why.

A lot can happen behind closed doors without anyone-police, CPS, etc...ever knowing, and sometimes it can go too far.

LS doesn’t get a pass to say “I was a good stepmom. I took them hiking and we smiled for selfies, and he made me a flower pot, I couldn’t have possibly harmed him.”

I know the kinds of cries I heard from Gannon. I have cried out like that myself. She doesn’t get a pass in my book. And I hope I get to watch as Dan May puts her away for life

So sorry you had to go through that, perception~reality !
And since your post stayed put-- ok to discuss ?
Eta.

Last edited:
I don't think you need a Twitter account to look at their Twitter, friendly fyi. I can still read tweets and replies and stuff when I'm not signed in
This is true. I used to be quite active on twitter, but decided I liked my sanity, so I left. :p

It's still a really good resource for breaking news though, and the url I use for that is News about #breaking on Twitter (this pulls up the latest breaking news tweets using the hashtag #breaking). If you want to use this same format for any case you're following, just replace the #breaking hashtag with #GannonStauch and make sure your tweets are sorted to "latest" = #GannonStauch - Twitter Search

No need for an account to read what's being posted there. I hope that helps. :)

I can only speak for myself. It's not so much that I believe LS as it is that I'm not fully convinced she's lied about things many here seem positive she's lied about.

I won't go through all the things here but one is the issue of the video. We only have a reporter's word about the neighbor's word about what the dad said about LS when he saw the video. I'm not saying the neighbor or the reporter were mistaken or lied, but I can't know the "second-hand heresay" report was accurate either. So I'm not going to use the report of the dad's reaction to decide LS must be lying.

In some press reports it has been has reported LE has said they don't dispute what the neighbor said about what the video seems to show. (In other reports it's not so clear what LE actually said at certain points...see link below) Regardless, agreeing about what the video seems to show is not the same as attesting to what the dad said to the neighbor that the neighbor later repeated to a reporter.

Neighbor: Surveillance video captured missing Springs boy leaving with stepmom, her returning alone

Similarly, I certainly think LS's mention of GS's cut foot is suspicious. I completely understand when people say she must be lying to cover why LE found blood in the garage. And maybe she is. But we don't know yet if recently shed blood has been found anywhere by LE. And we certainly can't know if LS knows it was. The only way to be 100% sure she's lying about the cut and lying to cover her actions is to be sure 1. GS didn't cut his foot 2. There is GS's recent blood in the garage (or outside car, near gate, wherever) 3. LS caused his blood to be shed. And I can't yet conclude those points.

So it's not that I believe her. It's that I'm not sure she's always lying about things others think she is.

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance
There is zero reason to bring up Saturday or blood. Especially in reference to a cut foot a day before you reported going hiking (still not sure why that hike is important to LS). And it stretches feasibility to think a child could be barefoot in winter in the garage while unloading groceries and trying to keep checking the outdoor gate (which he did with shoes, or barefoot). Then he’s too sick for school as well. If he wasn’t missing that chain of events would make me suspect Munchausen. She even added detail of bandaging it up in garage (not inside in bathroom) and “edge of car”. It seems she finds holes in her own story and tries to preempt questions with weird explanations. IMOO. And lying about the truck is questioned on its own because that shopping trip was not part of the original runaway timeline. She was working out in the basement in the small window between 2:19 and 3:15? Possible, but IMOO not probable.

Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

The team of 50+ has moved to the exact location where I saw 10 investigators last night. They are stretched out in a line and searching the area with poles and kicking their feet as they comb through the snow. Photo is zoomed in to protect the location.

Thank you for posting. This gives me such a terrible feeling. :(

There is zero reason to bring up Saturday or blood. Especially in reference to a cut foot a day before you reported going hiking (still not sure why that hike is important to LS). And it stretches feasibility to think a child could be barefoot in winter in the garage while unloading groceries and trying to keep checking the outdoor gate (which he did with shoes, or barefoot). Then he’s too sick for school as well. If he wasn’t missing that chain of events would make me suspect Munchausen. She even added detail of bandaging it up in garage (not inside in bathroom) and “edge of car”. It seems she finds holes in her own story and tries to preempt questions with weird explanations. IMOO. And lying about the truck is questioned on its own because that shopping trip was not part of the original runaway timeline. She was working out in the basement in the small window between 2:19 and 3:15? Possible, but IMOO not probable.
I'm sure LS is reading all the various FB Pages, may even be reading here. IMO, she is plugging holes in her story based on what she thinks LE has discovered and is currently investigating. Oh what a tangled web she weaves ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong