https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Presley78

Presley78 Investigative Journalism student

I believe the GPS gives them an idea of where the person went. If this is from the vehicle, they could be searching a wide area because the GPS will stop location wherever the vehicle stops. If it’s from a cellphone that the person had on them, they could track it closer but cellphone pings are radius areas versus exact pinpoint. That’s what I understand- MOO and correct me if I’m wrong. This is just how it appears to me as a follower of many cases.

2. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

I believe the SM said the 17 year old and the little sister were all on Sundays hike to Garden of the Gods.

sallye818, DTPeke, Seenit and 3 others like this.
  3. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL OF YOU !! [​IMG]
    My Valentine wish today is that GANNON is found !!!!
    I also wish and pray that law enforcement and volunteers stay Safe !!!
    I thank them all for their time and hard work searching for Gannon.

4. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

A driving map was shared yesterday I believe, about 20-25 minutes

5. manybooks

manybooks Well-Known Member

About a 20 minute drive with a bit of traffic.

DTPeke, Seenit, Honey_West and 3 others like this.
  6. zencompass

zencompass Please find Gannon. Hope springs eternal

Dear Trackergd,

Thank you for this information.

Your wealth of experience and knowledge of Tracking and Search And Rescue is greatly valued on these threads!

7. SoccerMotha

SoccerMotha Well-Known Member

I've been following and I am curious as to why someone would record an interaction with a child like she did with Gannon, the whole we gotta sell something bit. The only reason I can glean is she is trying to have proof of it for some reason or another. I'm sure this has been talked about and I missed it, but for me it is the single most reason I lean toward her disappearing him. I also wished I had never ever listened to it. I have 2 boys and the oldest is 10. I've never heard either of my children sound like that, then again I don't verbally or physically abuse them. They were so happy this morning, we give them special valentine's gifts every year and they were excited for school, (never happens these days unless it's party day). I hope WS'ers can find some love and light today on this day of love and that Gannon is found.

libraryg, CalmSeas, TRB and 32 others like this.
  8. Love Never Fails

Thank you for the wish. Same to you.
    Will be a happy day if they find Gannon safe and alive. Praying for his family.

9. Faebray

Faebray Well-Known Member

Regarding TS written "statement". I think she is just throwing stuff out to see what will stick. Like the selfie in the driveway. What does taking a selfie BEFORE they left have anything to do with her arriving back home without him. There was never a question whether he got in the truck, we can see he made into it. The problems is, from what we have seen, is she never came back home with him. She put that detail in like that selfie is going to show she is innocent. The problem isn't that he got in the truck, its that he never got back out at home.

MOO
    edit. Well I just figured out that if i put moo without capitals my autocorrects it to "Cow" lmao

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    InspectGadget, La Louve, TRB and 20 others like this.
  10. Angelo

Angelo There will be justice for Mr. Harrod

I don't know everything about cell phone tracking either. My understanding is the same as yours.

Doesn't a cell phone send a signal (ping) every so often to the tower or towers that are in the area of the phone? Using that information, pinging gives a general location of a phone.

GPS uses satellites, such as the blue dot on a phone's map or vehicle location/driving directions. GPS can give a more exact location.

Agree that truck may have been captured on video or someone reported seeing the truck in that area.

11. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

The hike that SM says they took to Garden of the Gods......was anyone else with them? The little sister perhaps? What does that hike have to do with him missing? Is she just trying to say what a good SM she is, taking the kids on outings?
    On the video I just watched SM said that her older daughter (the 17 yr old) was not on the hike but had come home after work and could verify that Gannon was there that evening after the hike.
    ETA
    She even had her daughter attest to this.

girlhasnoname, natesma, TRB and 9 others like this.
  12. wanenim

wanenim n͇̯̺̤̫ͤͪͨ̂͋̈̚ ͎̳0 ͓̃ͩ̆̂̆̃̈́0͕̇ ͇̙͒͛ͥͧ̒b͓̠͈̞͉̞̮̉ͮ

That's cool af. How much do things like snowstorms, then the subsequent melting affect the scents, if at all? I think they had a bloodhound out there and another dog out there in the search. I think I heard Kirby say that we should expect the searchers out there through the weekend.

13. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Ummm. I vacillate between wanting to hear her dig herself in deeper or just stuffing a sock in her mouth. A very large sock. :p :confused:

14. Love Never Fails

Thank you so much. That’s what she said. I was wrong.

15. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I hope she gives another interview. I find them fascinating.

16. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Justice for Gannon Stauch

I imagine LE profilers do, too. :D

JDough, La Louve, CalmSeas and 23 others like this.
  17. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

She surely gives WS'ers enough to talk about !!

18. Birmingplumb

Birmingplumb Well-Known Member

The sudden zeroing in on search location . All the horses etc. Wouldn't they already have had pings from nav and known phones long long ago? If so ... somebody spotted a red truck there tip, or technology breakthrough from what pinged between 10-2pm ( burner?) that sad day and followed certain towers and its pings? Are we there yet with tech? should be by now imo

19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Boom Lay Boom Lay Boom.

RSBM

Friendly reminder that social media is not an approved source of info here. Nor can that info be discussed on the public forum. :)

20. PrayingForMissing

PrayingForMissing Well-Known Member

Here in the Springs, it should hit 40's today, which is great! Saturday is high in the 30's, and Sunday it shows high 40s and possibly even reaching 50 (we shall see about that!) ! Three great days for searching considering what it has been. And yes, snow is in the forecast again for Monday and Tuesday morning.
    It looks like today through this entire weekend is PERFECT weather to find anything they need to find out there! Let's bring Gannon home!

crhedBngr, JDough, Gray and 23 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.