Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faebray

Faebray Well-Known Member

Agree. It has been my opinion since the video and RD were on the news and him emphasizing on how good his sound quality is, that the sounds heard in the video were just important, if not more, than what we could see.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020

2. firebird

firebird Former Member

There have been no sightings reported to us. That's not all I need.

roche.analisa, wwb, NCWatcher and 7 others like this.
  3. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

here we deal with what is reported by MSM or govt agencies, LE etc. only.
    No valid sightings reported.

gitana1, crhedBngr, Ravenmoon and 9 others like this.
  4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

We need new info. Info that leads to Gannon.

jmo

5. JTR1973

JTR1973 Fierce Mama Bear

I find it especially hard to believe that if there of been any valid sightings of this child LE would not be up front about it. Please tell me what kind of circumstances would lead law enforcement to keep something like this quiet?! Especially if they were treating it as a runaway or abduction…I don’t understand.

6. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

They have pointed out that they did not state the last sighting as being 3,15-4. They stated deliberately and slowly that it was the report made to them by the reporting person which they confirmed to be LS.
    They also trashed her most recent outburst regarding child being abducted and reiterated they do not suspect a child abductor is at work here.
    All discussed fully in preceding threads.

7. Mito

Mito Well-Known Member

I’m generally the same. But I’ve never witnessed the likes of this SM statements. It’s not over until it’s over, but whoever harmed this child is heartless.

8. Winterhike

Winterhike Well-Known Member

Agree, and I think this is a good summary of the scenario I believe is most likely if she is the person responsible for hurting him.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2020
  9. firebird

firebird Former Member

We also recognize that just because something doesn't appear in the MSM or from LE's mouth, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

When I hear from a valid source that there has been, or has not been, some other explanation of Gannon's whereabouts after 2:19, then I'll take it off my list of things I don't know. Until then, I don't know.

roche.analisa, wwb, PawneeDew and 5 others like this.
  10. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

I may be old fashion but if my child stayed home from school sick there is no way he is gonna be allowed to go play at anyones house, now with that be said, if I needed to run somewhere I would probably take him with me and let him lay down in the backseat or whatever if he was feeling better but no way would he be allowed to go anywhere else.

11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Even then she would not have any grounds to sue LE.
    They have publicly stated they have no control over what is said on SM and not to pay attention to rumors and speculation. Jmo

12. Myvice

Myvice Well-Known Member

I have a couple questions if anyone knows the answers offhand.

How long did TS wait before she notified AS? Did AS return home immediately? Did TS notify LE before or after notifying LE?

I also wonder if LE didn't keep TS away from the home to make the daughter feel safe and secure so she could tell what the circumstances were leading up to GS's disappearance. TIA

13. Pink2017

Pink2017 Well-Known Member

As a parent, I’m guilty of letting my kids play with friends when they stayed home from school. It really depends on the level of sickness, etc...

14. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

bbm
    This is an important aspect of this case that causes me concern.

We assume "sick" means ill with a cold, flu, etc., and there also is such a thing as to have a 'mental health' day, a day needed to relax a bit because you're not up to dealing with whatever the day typically entails.

Each of those possibilities might negate permission for a child to go out and about (except maybe the mental health element, in which case maybe you allow the child to do a fun thing, including visiting a friend or endure a trip to a health care facility).

If SM took GS to get medicine or visit an urgent care/doctor then all would be well with this aspect. Unfortunately for us, such elements will likely never be released due to HIPPA law, if applicable.

15. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

Even if they aren’t paying attention to SM - surely they saw her statement released via MSM that stated she was being harassed and someone tried to run her off the road. That would have been a great time to stress that stepmom is not and has not ever been a suspect or POI and is cooperating with the investigation.

16. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Examples? I may have missed them.

17. esmerelda

esmerelda Well-Known Member

I do believe in the first reports of him "running away" the staying home sick story, sick was in quotation marks. It might actually be on the flyer SM had distributed. Having said that my own child has had to stay home from school VERY sick, and never left the house til they were better. The child has also on the rare occasion stayed home "sick" mental break, overwhelmed, whatever and was cared for accordingly. Just like adults, children sometimes need a break, I never sought out to teach a lesson when one needed a day of rest. Would my parents have tried to teach me a lesson by keeping me from enjoying my sick day? Oh yes. I hope we've evolved from that thinking. I agree w your post whole heartedly.

18. firebird

firebird Former Member

Idk what all the reasons might be since I'm not LE. But one that comes to mind is that the whereabouts of the person(s) he was with, if other than the stepmom, are known, they are under surveillance, and the crime was not random.

roche.analisa, wwb, NCWatcher and 3 others like this.
  19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I have never seen a case where LE fails to notify the public of a child seen running away or otherwise captured on video. If this child had run away and they knew it, it would be unconscionable to allow the public to point the finger at SM. But they’ve allowed it with their silence.

20. Skillz

Skillz Well-Known Member

i don’t know who she contacted first however I recall the 911 call was around 630? That seems kind of early if he left at 315?? But it would be interesting to know how many of the friends she actually contacted and if she has receipts from her “shopping trip.” I hope this doesn’t end up like the Dylan Redwine case, but there are similarities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.