Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

This is an important aspect of this case that causes me concern.

We assume "sick" means ill with a cold, flu, etc., and there also is such a thing as to have a 'mental health' day, a day needed to relax a bit because you're not up to dealing with whatever the day typically entails.

Each of those possibilities might negate permission for a child to go out and about (except maybe the mental health element, in which case maybe you allow the child to do a fun thing, including visiting a friend or endure a trip to a health care facility).

If SM took GS to get medicine or visit an urgent care/doctor then all would be well with this aspect. Unfortunately for us, such elements will likely never be released due to HIPPA law, if applicable.
"Such elements" may not be released by a medical professional I agree, but they sure as heck would by someone who has publicly defended their corner regarding other aspects.

And based on her media interractions to date, I don't believe the stepmother would withold that information out of respect for the little fella's privacy either. I believe she would say, we had an appointment with X at X o'clock and the outcome was X. And possibly this would exonerate her.

But she didn't.

JMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

MOO to be fair if GS did do something scary regarding home safety in the previous day it would be the right thing to take him along shopping, and stay hunkered down in the car.

I think the search on 105 shows what EPSO thinks happened, which is she did something while they were out.
But MOO taking a kid along isn't always the wrong thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are monitoring SM and yes, they have not cleared anyone yet but have stated that anyone they are interested in speaking to is a POI.
In many cases I have known LE to clear family members or people close to the investigation within the first week or so.
If they wanted to protect her or stop the rumors about her it does seem like they would have cleared her if they were sure. Jmo
Taking that one step further, LE also hasn't 'cleared' AS nor BM, regardless of threats so singling out SM for clearing might affect their current tactic.

Agree 100% Katydid. He could not go to school because of his injuries, SM kept him isolated from sister, and she had to do something to keep him quiet. This is what I have thought all along.

She did this alone, so he can't be far off a road.....she could not carry him and did not have any help.

Looking for an arrest soon!

This hasn't occurred to me until now, but what if there were two adults/almost adults in the truck at some point during those four hours? Two people could have moved Gannon farther. Second person could have been picked up and dropped off as the first person saw the need during the four hours. JMO.

The SM has offered so many explanations already that I'm sure she can come up with one more if need be.

Don't give her any ideas, lol

See, this is what I mean about adding on to someone’s statement.
I’m saying that there is a persistent claim that LE doesn’t dispute the video content. (From that has flowed the tag along claim/impression that police agree Gannon left that morning and never came back home, so we can now run with that). But since all LE has ever said is they won’t comment on the video, it seems like a reach to cling to their lack of a statement and turn it into a statement.

If I intended to claim that the media made up the interview with RD that we all saw, or that he lied to anyone I would have said that.

MOO the video is inconclusive from what I saw.
Audio may make it conclusive or maybe the door opened but didn't shut. I would rather it was conclusive. And the search seems to indicate it is conclusive that Gannon did not return.

Here's a question (for anybody, really): If LE thinks there are clues to a story that could be found upon the video different than the one we already have; why aren't they releasing the portion of neighbor's video we're all speculating over, so that the public can look for the random person meeting Gannon/his flight through the backyard gate?

But why? To what end? If they knew where he was, why would they just leave him there if they consider him endangered??? And allow this charade to continue as well as draining resources out there searching for Gannon.

Makes absolutely no sense.

My example assumes he's deceased...not in danger. Based on the nature of the ongoing searchs, it appears that LE has reached that conclusion as well. So LE is focused on (a) finding the body and (b) making sure the guilty party(ies) don't destroy evidence, abscond, etc. before the case is air tight.

Again, this is purely hypothetical speculation on why LE might not have released the details of a "sighting" jmo

Don't give her any ideas, lol

Here's a question (for anybody, really): If LE thinks there are clues to a story that could be found upon the video different than the one we already have; why aren't they releasing the portion of neighbor's video we're all speculating over, so that the public can look for the random person meeting Gannon/his flight through the backyard gate?
Maybe another video only shows him getting out of the truck and nothing else. In that case they still don’t know what transpired after that and wouldn’t need any assistance but other possible videos/sightings that other neighbors they have spoke with may have.

Here you go Chuck.

We discussed it here after her interview, just in past couple of days, in fact.

However, in response to Stauch’s statement, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says authorities currently have no reason to believe the boy was kidnapped.

“Right now there is no threat to the community as far as this case goes,” El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Sgt. Deborah Mynatt tells PEOPLE. “We don’t have those specifics to put out there [yet], and we haven’t done so. There’s reasons for that and we just can’t go into those details.”

She adds, “We are really trying to also ensure that the community knows if there was a threat of some sort of public safety statement, if there was an abduction of some sort, if that information was revealed to us … we would absolutely put that out.”
Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'
Thank you. And, LE hasn't ruled it out either, only at the moment nothing has indicated 'abduction' as fact in this case.

Also note the element of "public safety" and "as far as this case goes." It is possible GS was kidnapped and other children are not at risk because GS was a specific target for specific reason.

I'm awaiting for the "reasons" and "details" as the abduction element relates to "this case".

bbm

This is an important aspect of this case that causes me concern.

We assume "sick" means ill with a cold, flu, etc., and there also is such a thing as to have a 'mental health' day, a day needed to relax a bit because you're not up to dealing with whatever the day typically entails.

Each of those possibilities might negate permission for a child to go out and about (except maybe the mental health element, in which case maybe you allow the child to do a fun thing, including visiting a friend or endure a trip to a health care facility).

If SM took GS to get medicine or visit an urgent care/doctor then all would be well with this aspect. Unfortunately for us, such elements will likely never be released due to HIPPA law, if applicable.
Starting location is something I’ve been working on for a few days. I’ll try to bolster it with further speculation based on interesting locations around from point a to point b.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I honestly don’t understand your point. I think everyone knows the video was released to the media and the neighbor made a statement on camera.

My point has been that all the discussion on “no dispute” has equaled for some that it’s the same as LE confirmation of the video content/how Gannon appeared/that he never came back home, and so on. But police have refused to comment on all of that, only confirming a video was reported and that its part of their investigation. The video is evidence. They’re not going to weigh in on anything about it. I personally think that’s sound practice.
Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

Thank you. And, LE hasn't ruled it out either, only at the moment nothing has indicated 'abduction' as fact in this case.

Also note the element of "public safety" and "as far as this case goes." It is possible GS was kidnapped and other children are not at risk because GS was a specific target for specific reason.

I'm awaiting for the "reasons" and "details" as the abduction element relates to "this case".

So to speculate, Gannon may have been abducted AFTER having returned in the truck with LS. I wonder when/how that could have happened?

Can we get past the issue of LE “not disputing” the content of the neighbor’s video? The police have consistently and repeatedly said they will not comment on the video and what’s in it because “it’s part of our investigation.” They can’t dispute what they’re not talking about it in the first place.

The media re-invents LE statements and it sounds like more than it is. Translation:
“We hammered on LE to discuss the video and they said “We’re not discussing that”, so we can conclude they didn’t dispute what's in it.” And entire pages on WS are born.
The sheriff's office spokesperson made that comment before they said they were no longer going to comment on it.
Just pointing out the factual timeline, because it matters.

I've looked at that vid a hundred times. I see the shadow at the bottom, I see the movement at the top. But my question is this.....

If Gannon returned that day, what do you suspect happened thereafter? What is the theory you, and others, may have regarding the hours afterwards?
I believe GS left the house later that day. Is it captured on video? I don't know. No one knows except LE (if video later surfaced) and they might have tactical reason to not release that info, maybe so as not to spook a potential poi/suspect with whom GS may have left.

Maybe another video only shows him getting out of the truck and nothing else. In that case they still don’t know what transpired after that and wouldn’t need any assistance but other possible videos/sightings that other neighbors they have spoke with may have.

Understood, but I was talking about the video we have, because people seem determined to say that the video we have yields clues that would help solve the mystery. If it doesn't yield any clues; why are we dissecting it as if it matters?

And you would think LE would be all over this to ease everyone's mind and help aid in the search by announcing he did come home...we are looking for additional evidence that he left later....please, we need the publics help. Does anyone think just to be mean or stupid LE would leave SM twisting in the wind...to what end?
That's really a great question. I can't recall now if it was this case or another one but someone recently asked if LE normally makes announcements to the public to either clear someone's name or squash any rumors that may be floating around the community. Every case being different, it seems to be handled differently. In one case, LE might include a comment in a presser that so-and-so is not considered a suspect, but in another they might keep mum about it entirely. So there's really no "standard" that I have ever seen. I think in this case, they're being smart, and diligent.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member