Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I have no idea how they can find anyone in deep snow. Awful.

2. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I don't think they'd sift for that (they could use various kinds of sonar, available through a couple of universities nearby).

I think it's something smaller.

But if there were a bunker, could a child survive without someone supplying him, in such cold, for more than 3 weeks? I guess LE would know if, for example, camping equipment was missing from the house (she'd have had to bring sleeping bags). I wouldn't even type that if this story didn't have such weird twists and turns.

3. jbennett

jbennett Pretty fly for a fungi.

Maybe not all the LE got the memo that they were keeping the search today on the DL?

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. Regardless of what the truth is, it’s clear that they are focusing on that same area.

Either people are searching, or law enforcement is investigating. It conveys one indisputable thing: That location is incredibly important.

Sunny123, Alcina, susiQ and 29 others like this.
  5. Silverheels

Silverheels Well-Known Member

I just drove by the search area. No activity there today. The mobile command unit is gone from the staging area. The only thing remaining is the portable cell tower. There were no new footprints in the snow at the search area.

I also drove up Spruce Mt. Road to see if maybe they moved over there but didn’t see anything.

6. JTR1973

JTR1973 Fierce Mama Bear

Maybe they are interviewing people who live around there? That might account for a few LEO there but not a full blown search?

I have no clue if there are houses or what nearby so I’m just spitballing.

7. perception≠reality

perception≠reality Well-Known Member

Her quote was days ago.

I don’t understand-if they are not actively searching, why won’t they allow groups like Texas Equusearch participate?

I suppose I already know the answer, because it’s an active investigation-but there is soooo much ground to cover. Unless they know where Gannon is, I see no reason (aside from money/resources) why they wouldn’t be checking every possibility, every day, or allowing other search agencies do so.

8. grannygates

grannygates Well-Known Member

using the idea that perhaps they are (or were) searching for a cellphone/fitbit some type of electronic.. would there be a reason why LE would need to locate the physical electronic and would not be able to find the info needed (texts/gps) thru the carrier ?

imo moo

9. Kyte

Kyte Well-Known Member

Ha! Thank you @Silverheels :) Who needs reporters!!!!

Sunny123, Thunderdog, susiQ and 22 others like this.
  10. PKnopf

PKnopf Well-Known Member

As always, thank you for this info.

11. Bellecent

Bellecent Well-Known Member

Great thought, perhaps house close by with more video cameras. We can only hope someo n.v e has seen something and did not realize what they saw.

12. Hoosier952

Hoosier952 Well-Known Member

I think SM had to pick a reasonable time Gannon "went missing" and leave plenty of options open. Since he supposedly went to visit a friend first, she had to pick a time when a friend would be home from school, but early enough she could say he must have left before little sister got home. Leave a big enough chunk of time so it sounds like she wasn't really paying attention to the time and also make it harder to track down a specific time to check security footage in the neighborhood. But I have so many thoughts on all the statements made that contradict other statements and theories.

13. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

There aren’t many groups like TES and such groups are spread extremely thin with limited resources. So even if LE asked for help searching it would be unlikely they would be able to come.

14. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Thank you for this. You are so on top of this story, you should apply for a press pass!

A reporter also just tweeted that she has confirmed no active searches today.

Ashley Franco (@AshleyKKTV) | Twitter

Tons of rumors today, though (all kinds). The presidential visit is causing a lot of attention on CS and so many Gannon supporters are tweeting to the president, or trying to, and the comments are out of hand. It'll die down tomorrow, I guess.

susiQ, MerBeach, MsBetsy and 8 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I think that’s the most likely scenario. They may be gathering potential witness statements and/or video from homeowners in the area.

If they are searching up there, it’s because SM was likely there at some point. They’d want to gather everything they can on her activity and movements.

Sunny123, susiQ, CalmSeas and 17 others like this.
  16. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Aren't "bunkers" underground ???

I think it's really a stretch to prognosticate that someone (someone affiliated with TS no less) has built a bunker to stash Gannon. Where are people getting all this talk of "bunkers" and "captors"?!?

17. cbk1113

cbk1113 Member

I’ve been a member here since the Savanna Greywind case but only posted a little during the Chad Isaak case so I hope I get this right.
    ***HUGE SPECULATION*** The mention of a bunker got me thinking (and I’m grasping at any possibility where Gannon is still alive). WHAT IF the stuff LS was loading into the truck was stuff she was “dropping off” with GS that he would need while he’s gone? I realize this idea is probably full of more holes than Swiss cheese. And LS doesn’t seem the type to be concerned about comfort...but...it would mean he’s alive....somewhere....
    MOO JMO

18. JTR1973

JTR1973 Fierce Mama Bear

RSBM
    Not arguing or downing this thought but wondering out loud, how could she account for his friend being home from school already but not the sister? I mean, it could be anything especially since I think she’s lying about the “friend” and didn’t even know his “name”
    *insert eye roll*

19. lucidtx

lucidtx Western CO

At least four professional volunteer search and rescue groups have been assisting all along.

20. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

Edit to remove alien babble
    Imagine how confused Someone Else probably is, and take comfort in that!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.