Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s an article from a local Fox affiliate that interviewed Dog the Bounty Hunter. I don’t know his show or anything about him other than that he is eccentric looking and is very well known for his ability to track people down. His take is interesting. Food for thought. We need every tidbit we can get as our hearts ache for this family.

Duane “Dog” Chapman finds people for a living: What he says about missing Colorado Springs boy
Ahhh, I love Dog. He's a good guy. We have seen him around town here and there over the years. I'm glad he is spreading the word for Gannon.

"The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says they do not have any planned searches regarding the #GannonStauch case at this point in time. A spokeswoman tells me that does not mean their investigation is not progressing. It is moving forward. #FindGannon"

Catherine Silver on Twitter

I had the same thought.
I suppose it's possible something they've discovered in either a search or the overall investigation gave them pause for questions about something in the house, therefore, photographic CS evidence.
Even though I know how much evidence is gathered in a case, I'm always kind of in awe, at how much work it takes to put it all together for an understandable probable cause affidavit.

jmo

I'm assuming that prosecutor asked for something special to make the arrest? I hope...

Dear Oviedo,

I recall posters stating upthread that they thought A.S.'s shock at seeing the video at the neighbor's was partly that he didn't think his truck was there at the house, let alone driven.

This could very well have led to her leaving the home that day when A.S. arrived back.
The thing about the truck being at the airport though.... Forgive me if I sound ditzy but the nearest airport to me is LAX. It is huge and long term parking is a big lot. So based on that knowledge, I have to wonder, if she got the truck out of long term packing, how could she be sure to park it in the exact same spot, put the seat back to his leg length without him knowing when he picked it up that it had been moved, even before seeing the RD vid?

The problem is, there are a lot of cameras in this neighbourhood. And none of them picked up Gannon walking down the road. No pictures of him wandering off to hide.

There is a ring camera on Gannon's front porch. No images of him leaving that afternoon.

And at 3 to 4 pm, that street is extremely active with kids returning home from school. No one saw Gannon that afternoon at all.

Were there any snowbanks at the time he went missing?

I wonder which door they left the house at 10 am from and which one was entered at 2pm? Has their own surveillance been given to LE?

Both could be important. The daytime video shows what it shows. The nighttime video may very well show preparations being made for the next day.

I believe this was premeditated, and she knew she was going to kill him on the day prior. So that time period may be key, especially if she put things in her vehicle.

I almost wondered if the hiking trip was the first "attempt". Two potential witnesses to tell LE he accidentally fell after a big charade by SM.

Here’s the thing. I don’t think he would have been bleeding heavily or anything, or that blood would prove anything in and of itself.

But it may not be significant in that way. Rather, it may support a witness account (one of the kids for instance).

“Mommy hurt Gannon here.”

I think some blood evidence, even if small could be insanely helpful with the right testing to determine what kind of cells or additional fluids are present. If it's just skin cells, it could be something innocent (or not), but internal bleeding would likely have different cells from wherever it came from.

She has definitely been kneeling.

Garage or gate?

They are moving forward? Any insight?

This more than likely means they'll continue the investigation and continue to follow all leads as they develop.
They've already gathered a lot of evidence, and they likely have not processed all of it yet, so there's probably still a lot of work to be done.

jmo

Not everyone is on the same page, but we're a polite and civilized forum and tolerate differing viewpoints quite well.
Snipped by me.
Eta : Grammar policing myself.
Was a bit worked up there for a moment.
I stand by my comment.
We can agree to disagree and still refrain from insulting others.

Pre-luminol and now, perhaps, post-DNA. If they need spatter/smear photos, they may need closer photos than what the first photos show.

There are many times that DNA is found somewhere unexpected and no close-up picture was taken, just leads to a poorer presentation at trial. Really good still photography always beats a frame grab, but the original videographer has just one job - which is to preserve a visual archive of the scene at the beginning.

I've been thinking about the gate. The gate probably wasn't much of a focus until LS mentioned it. Maybe they hadn't even swabbed it yet. Maybe that led to specific examination and findings in the backyard. Maybe the backyard didn't get its photos taken up close yet.

Just spit-balling.
Great post.^^^

First bolded:
There was a case where the first check of a room yielded little, but upon pulling up a newly-laid carpet, blood had pooled beneath the old carpet and seeped through the floorboards.
Possibly the case here ?
Let's say... the video that was leaked to msm was not from Monday at all, but a different day ?
And Gannon was brought out of that house already deceased ?

Wouldn't the crime techs want to pry up carpet/rugs/flooring and look for telltale seepage ?

Second bolded : Why mention that at all ?
Because someone's not as bright as they think they are ?
Or that there's blood that needs to be explained away so the pesky crime scene techs don't raise a fuss for the picked-upon TS ?
Or for both reasons ?

The thing about the truck being at the airport though.... Forgive me if I sound ditzy but the nearest airport to me is LAX. It is huge and long term parking is a big lot. So based on that knowledge, I have to wonder, if she got the truck out of long term packing, how could she be sure to park it in the exact same spot, put the seat back to his leg length without him knowing when he picked it up that it had been moved, even before seeing the RD vid?

Perhaps, and this is just my opinion, she thought that the urgency of Gannon being missing would negate A.S. being shocked or angry at the truck being at the house.

Or maybe she realized she ran out of time. Or maybe I'm completely wrong with this theory (wouldn't be the first time nor the last time).

Under such dire cirumstances of a missing child, that might be the last thing that a parent questions. Except it wasn't.

IMO

Last edited:
" "We are looking at every possible situation as to what could have happened to Gannon." @EPCSheriff maintains this is not a criminal investigation, at this point. A spokesperson says if that changes investigators will let the community know. #GannonStauch #FindGannon"

Well, the only way that could be true would be if it turns out that Gannon is actually a child genius with International connections all over the world?
And he just took a lobg vacation using a very complicated booking system for his travel arrangements? Am I losing the plot or my own marbles?

I don't know about Denver, but at Toronto Pearson Airport you can book online and reserve your spot in Long Term parking. The spots are numbered and it's yours. No one else will park in it. So, if someone where to get driven to the airport and then driven around until the vehicle they were searching for was found, it is possible to take the truck and bring it back to the exact same parking spot.

BTW, with all the Security in place at airports around the world, IF this happened, all would be captured on CCTV - License Plates and possible video of those driving in and out.

I very sincerely hope that the "main players" and acting with good intentions bit isn't some veiled attempt at implying the bio mum is involved in some bizarre kidnapping scheme. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this and smacks of the kind of blame deflection that Emily Glass and her supporters engaged in during the Lucas Hernandez case.

Some interesting discussions here about the red truck and where it should have been at the time of Gannon's disappearance. It's a good point that perhaps it shouldn't even have been parked on the street when it was, and had been retrieved from the airport unbeknownst to AS.

However, I do take issue with the idea that she may have repositioned the car to kindly allow Gannon to exit the far side on their return. Why did she not do this the first time to allow him space to enter the passenger side when they left. Why would the driver side not be acceptable to be used as an exit, when it was perfectly fine to be entered that way? There is more space on the nearest side both times, isn't there?It doesn't seem logical to me. I watched the copy of the video and there are definitely black shadowy artifacts popping in and out in various places all through the footage.

I think it's a bit strange to try to imply that AS (father), RD (neighbor), law enforcement and news reporters are ALL possibly incorrect in identifying GS and TS in the leaked footage. It's going a step too far in my opinion to deny such evidence. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member