Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s just a stupid stepmother setting up a transparent misdirection.

She was trying to sound like a child, but pointed the finger at herself.

That’s why I have been calling this probable foul play since day one.
Yep and that crossed my mind as well. Jeez I kinda fell into that one. What was I thinking? Thanks for pulling me out of the trenches. Shaking my head.

Someone earlier commented that the Stauch's had a Ring (or similar) doorbell themselves... Maybe she was considering what her own field of vision would be, and didn't consider any of the neighbors. Could possibly explain backing in the driveway and GS 'leaving" through a different door of the house. AS could possibly access their system, or get movement notifications, on his phone while out of town. If GS left through their front door it would be recorded. Just a thought.
Definitely a possibility. They do in fact have a Ring, so I imagine she's somewhat familiar with it?
It's kind of funny, I've followed cases for years that have surveillance cam evidence (and tons of it) but it really wasn't until this case that I ever stopped to wonder if the neighbor's cam can actually record in my own driveway. I haven't taken a walk down my own street to see how many private cams there are, but after I google street-view drove down the Stauch's street and saw how many were there, it's rather impressive.

Someone posted a picture of the front porch, where you could see the Ring camera, and the same person posted a picture of the exact same model so there could be no doubt.

Good catch on the "LS thinking all cameras work like her camera," such that she didn't realize that some people have more panoramic views from their cameras.
That was me. :)

Yep and that crossed my mind as well. Jeez I kinda fell into that one. What was I thinking? Thanks for pulling me out of the trenches. Shaking my head.

I can just imagine her typing that out, smiling, thinking she had pulled one over on law enforcement.

Not only is she not as smart as she thinks she is, but she’s likely dumber than we can ever imagine.

I think we’re going to be blown away by her mistakes when the day comes, and Dan May makes his move.

Thanks! Didn’t mean to cause a stir. It’s all good here.

I felt the same way last night and had to put myself in timeout. A self imposed one at that. :) It gets hard when new info isn't being thrown out to discuss. I think everyone felt it. I was pretty much called a crazy person that didn't know what I was talking about yet I've seen everything mentioned today and it hasn't been an issue. It gets the best of us at times because we want to help. Especially hard with the kiddos. When I came to WS over 2 years ago it was for a local 5 year old. Still haunts me. You contribute great stuff. Tomorrow is a new day and hope you're around. Take much needed mental breaks. =)

Which may be difficult as she seems "outdoorsy"

eh- I think that "outdoorsy" look is actually -"look at me" selfies for show, something that is inexpensive, does not involve much conversation, an excuse for a new outfit and shoes, no cooking or cleaning involved, and a way to tire the kids out so they will sleep. :)

Here’s the link to tonight’s live discussion with Tricia for those that missed the live stream.

ETA hit the like, and subscribe buttons, and click the bell icon to be notified of future posts or live streams.

Last edited:
I can just imagine her typing that out, smiling, thinking she had pulled one over on law enforcement.

Not only is she not as smart as she thinks she is, but she’s likely dumber than we can ever imagine.

I think we’re going to be blown away by her mistakes when the day comes, and Dan May makes his move.
Yes.... "by her mistakes."

lets assume for our NEW SEARCH that Gannon is close to somewhere only accessible by 4wd.
We know she used it.
Another look, fresh eyes, won't do any harm.

How do we know 4 wheel drive was used?

She used the truck- not necessarily used the 4wd. The black box on the truck should have the info stored if she did. You have to "engage" the 4wd capability.

@carbuff @cody22 @ColoFarmer ... How difficult is getting into 4WD on this Nissan? Anyone? No one drives this particular truck around me. I guess I will go look for a video that explains it. I know how to get mine into 4wd, and my husband's. We have an old mud truck that I cannot get the transfer case engaged on: have to do something under the truck, yada yada
- they are all different, and knowledge of how is typically involved

And- many drive SUVs with All wheel drive

Last edited:
How do we know 4 wheel drive was used?
Answered above, I was referring to the red vehicle as a 4wd.
Looking to pull out some maps and figuring out possible search locations based on where that vehicle as opposed to her own vehicle could have traveled that day..
It's not a new official search, it's a new look at existing sites, the one closest to her home and the recent search location..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23