Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she had that car for about 28 hours.

She'll clarify for us, it'll just take a couple days.

Something akin to.....

Well, we drove all night and all the next morning, straight through, back and forth, all over looking for Gannon, I don't see what the big deal is, I mean, ya'll just don't have the facts.....or maybe, I loaned that car to my best friends divorced mother's brother in laws sister's cousin and she drove it up in to Wyoming and back, huntin' elk.....

Give it time, she'll clear it up for us!
I want to know about the door to door search she mentioned.
I saw that after I posted, but I still think she could keep him busy and away from the truck by having the rental. Something strange about renting the car. I just don't buy the excuse she gave. moo
I think nuttmeg had a good theory, that she needed to return to scene of the crime to cover her tracks better or move evidence and she did not want to take her own vehicles, especially that same red truck.

Just curious where you're getting that per gallon rate? Rental companies charge as much as $2 more than local going rate for a refill (maybe even more than that). Did the receip

20 hours in the car is a lot. Although if it was all stop and start driving (looking in a neighborhood), then perhaps it all fits.

It's exceedingly odd that she rented a car. 5 hours of idling per 15 hours of driving is truly a lot - a very high estimate. I think it's likely they paid $4 a gallon for that refill and went more like 600 miles. Still a lot. But I wouldn't be surprised if, with taxes, they paid more like $5 for a refill at Budget. According to the FTC, that's the typical rate ($5-6 per gallon) for Budget:

Budget Rent-A-Car Settles FTC Charges; Fuel Fees Levied on Customers Who Returned Rental Cars With a Full Tank

And the tank only holds 11-12 gallons, so how can they possibly have purchased more than that? That makes it closer to $9 a gallon (and they would have had to fill up while renting if they went more than 1 tank full - each tank gets them about 300 miles).

I am sorry I thought the 118.88 was her gas receipts away from the rental agency.
I researched the price of So Co gas in Jan and used 2.60 a gallon to find out how much gas 118.88 would be.

Now knowing it was Budget refilling a an emtpy tank when the car was returned and the 118.88 works out to 11.9 gallons of gas at $9.98.
MOO the tank has a range of about 430 miles, so the tank was filled at least once while it was out for 28 hours.

Someone asked about IBS medications previously. I have been on a few...some are narcotics which help immensely but aren’t enough even if you OD’d on them to cause anything close to death or grave illness. IMO none of that is related to this case. IMO I know he is not coming back...walking through the front door but I still can’t find the reason or feels she had the means to make him just vanish. My sister was a perp in a high profile case and the right, true answer was just right there in front of our eyes! This is a bit more complex unfortunately
ETA: we all knew she was lying based on previous behaviors. MOO...there is someone out there feeling this same way if LS was involved in any way.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if all the searching we are *seeing* and being told about is mostly for evidence.
IF she did leave him somewhere Monday, and then went back in the rental to move him further away, LE could be searching locations further away based on Gps in the rental. And we just dont see or hear about those searches.
I originally didn't think she would move him afterwards, but the gas, time and mileage on that rental is making me rethink.
IMO
Yep

“He left Saturday night to fly out of the Denver Airport with a family member who had a red eye fly and he had an early morning flight.”

1) So a family member drove him to Denver airport.
2) The family member had a "Red eye fly"
2) And AS had an early morning flight.

I haven't even heard of them having family members in the area?

In regards to the rental car, if she told LE the same thing that she told Crime Online, I can now see why LE originally made the statement of this case being a 'puzzle.' Sure a lot to put together here to determine the chain of events.

I suppose most people have already thought about it but I just wanted to put it in black and white.

I have never had to search for a missing child in a car, but I have searched for missing dogs. In my experience, you don't use up a lot of gas, because you are driving slowly and keeping a lookout. (I never lost a dog permanently: only one was gone overnight and she took shelter in a neighbor's garage).
The headspace that she filled up with the creation of all these vehicle stories would be a cost in itself exceeding the cost of some extra gas in her own car - especially after she broke the bank with extra rental fees and the fee she likely had from parking her car at the airport overnight.

When your child/family member is missing, there are not this many (literal) moving parts to your behavior. You send an AF/CONG buddy or kind neighbor to pick up your husband, and you stay at home awaiting your runaway, or you have someone at the house there while you’re out searching for him in your own vehicle. And you’re too busy and focused to be on social media unless you’re posting flyers with his picture.

MOO

If GS did not exit the truck, that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't still in it. At what point did she transfer GS to the other vehicle?

MOO

Got the sickest feeling when I read this. Hope he wasn’t out there dying or already gone. If so though, LE dogs probably flagged on it. Hoping LE is considering a transfer and long distance move.

For a 1 day car rental plus fuel!!!!
WHERE THE HELL DID SHE DRIVE TOO!!!

It's two days plus one tank of gas. One tank of gas gets her approximately 300 miles. Denver Airport is approximately 100 miles from their house. That's 200 right there.

So, if they filled up one more time, then that's a lot of miles. But based on the gas they purchased (and the fact that an unlimited mileage clause means that Budget didn't care about odometer readings), they drove that car about 300 miles. 100 miles spent searching.

Holy crap. I was off doing something else for a couple hours, came back here and was suddenly 20 pages behind.

Find? Doesn't look like it.
Arrest? Ditto.
Then what?

Oh. 955 miles. Yeah, that's totally worth 20 pages of WTF. Now the only question is how long has LE known about it.

This is the most I've ever read or posted on any single case here, I think. Now I'm going back to catch up. I'm way back on page 27. Don't worry, I'll catch up before the next bombshell. I read fast.

Thanks for posting that. I had thought that she said she didn't want Gannon to see her VW, but she did say the family cars. IE didn't want Gannon to see the family cars, he might hide from them.
And she said they went door to door searching for him. Have any neighbours reported anything like that happening?
icon_scratch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members