Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's two days plus one tank of gas. One tank of gas gets her approximately 300 miles. Denver Airport is approximately 100 miles from their house. That's 200 right there.

So, if they filled up one more time, then that's a lot of miles. But based on the gas they purchased (and the fact that an unlimited mileage clause means that Budget didn't care about odometer readings), they drove that car about 300 miles. 100 miles spent searching.

Maybe, maybe not.

I notice that the return location information is blacked out. Why?

I am really trying to wrap my mind around driving 955 miles in one day. My partner and I rarely drive more than 600 miles a day when we are doing road trips through the Southwest.

Possibly didn't return car, the company had to retrieve it. Do not want to let that info out, so people don't go there.
guessing :eek:

If u don't mind I would like to add also that IMO she "may" have left on her own when the questions got tough. The throwing out with no clothing is just another woe is me. Perhaps?

There is many social media venues where neighbors are giving their observations and accounts of events. Not allowed here until it hits MSM.

Easy to find with a little searching skills.

I really like webslueths for its orderliness and moderation. I'm not a big fan of social media drama and chaos.

And she said they went door to door searching for him. Have any neighbours reported anything like that happening?
icon_scratch.gif
And door to door where? Wasn’t that already done in the neighborhood the day he went missing? Where else would she go door to door?

And she said they went door to door searching for him. Have any neighbours reported anything like that happening?
icon_scratch.gif
Maybe they did do some door to door, probably that could be verified, but I wonder when bioMom flew in, presumably AS left in his red truck from his house to the airport, and Stepmom went to do whatever she had to do. But she couldn't have moved the body in the car, she could only have moved the body outside, or to open a pandora's box she could have left the rental car with a "friend" and gone off in the friends car to move the body. But I can't believe LE doesn't know exactly where at least the rental car went.

Maybe someone else drove this car too? Extra day possible per receipt. She could have picked up her own car from airport and never been missed. Just an idea, not really stuck on it.
I thought about that, but her car had some gps on it according to the interview. However, that idea, coupled with her leaving the home gave her plenty of time to do just that. Someone could have followed the rental to wherever it was returned, and brought her back?

Mileage. Rental cars are all about the mileage when you pick the car up and drop it off. Easy to guesstimate how much gas was needed for the miles driven.

Except when they're "unlimited mileage" which is something Budget really pushes in its advertising. I believe it was unlimited mileage, which means they don't care. If a person has a club membership/reward card with an agency, they typically never even check the odometer and you get unlimited miles (usually within a region - Budget claims they don't "track" miles, but that they have something onboard to GPS-locate the car if it goes missing. Obviously, that same data resides on a chip in the car (so LE can access it; I'm guessing they already have).

Miles driven, therefore, is not a good indicator. We only know about one gas purchase at this time. If all highway driving, then maybe 400 miles. Otherwise, 300-350. And Denver Airport is 200 miles round trip. Must have been an interesting drive for the two of them, starting with, "Why did you rent this car???" Only a completely terrified kid would evade their parents after a night hidden at a friend's house. They both know that.

I have come to this conclusion, it is possible she actually killed him, but she more probably caused his death to happen. I am going to post your earlier response somewhere to provide a lol on these days.
Yes sometimes we need some humour on the dark days. IMO there may have been something violent on the prior eve. Then Gannon has to be eliminated or it causes real problems for her. Sadly.

I don't know how to say this without sound like a snark, and I really don't mean for it to come out this way but, there's no way VW is going to just offer up private, confidential client info to someone calling them on the phone.

jmo

Not about her specific lease, but leases in general.

I challenge anyone to find a lease where the mileage is checked monthly.

ETA So her excuse of she was in essence running out of miles for the month, so had to take the truck, is bunk.

Possibly didn't return car, the company had to retrieve it. Do not want to let that info out, so people don't go there.
guessing :eek:
She stated she left her car at the airport when the rented the car at the airport, and she retrieved her car when she dropped off the rental (late, incurring an additional day's charges when she supposedly is trying to save money while searching for a missing child who is priceless).

jmo

I don't know how to say this without sound like a snark, and I really don't mean for it to come out this way but, there's no way VW is going to just offer up private, confidential client info to someone calling them on the phone.

jmo
I took it as she called up and asked how they structure the terms of leases in general.:) Not TS’ specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304