Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious again. Lol. Where I live we have traffic camera intersections. They record the vehicles going through , their speed , if they ran a red light ect. If a violation has occurred , you are notified by mail and the police include 2 photos of the vehicle. 1 going through the intersection and 1 close up the plate number. Are there cameras like these in Colorado?
We only have 4 red light cameras In Colorado Springs and they are well publicized. You have to run the light for it to snap your picture.
Grace period over for red light camera at Academy and Carefree

Agreed. Most parents I know that have cell phones for their kids, it’s for communication with them, when their children are away.

IMO, the same reason stepmom left her phone at home on 27 Jan during the shopping trip, is the same reason Gannon didn’t have his phone (I’m assuming) when he left for a “friends” house. Of course she will argue (IMO) that Gannon didn’t take his phone because he was running away. She didn’t have her phone because she forgot it.

IMO, in this aspect she was forward thinking.

edited: spelling
Right, I agree. But Gannon did take his phone on Monday morning right? How else would they have taken the selfie in the truck when they got home? Also, is his phone the "electronic" he dropped getting into the truck and she picked up for him?

It bothers me too. Such inappropriate reasons are given for the rental. I mean, he is 11. An 11-year-old is going to be sorely missing his home after a very short time. I seriously doubt that he would hide from the car. If that were true, it points to overtly severe punishment being given in the past and Gannon fearing that would happen to him if found. The only kids that I have seen really not ever wanting to be found, have been those that were held in cages, locked rooms, starved, tortured, etc. I don't think that was the case here, so that reason for renting the car is certainly just more diversion.
"Economical and an easy way to pull in and out..." as many have pointed out, makes no sense at all. Now we are worried about being 'economical'? She is making me crazy!!
All I can say is that I am not surprised LE is still working on this when I see all the traveling and diversion tactics at play here. I'm sure it has taken weeks for just them to collect data and sort it all out. JMO

IMO, "an easy way to pull in and out" was added because Tee was spying on people speculating about RD's video, as to why she was spending so much time with the red truck "backing in and out of her driveway".

She is, IMO, gratefully receiving and incorporating the unsolicited theory that she is bad at backing up in and out of a driveway; thus why she "needed" a smaller car.

I-70 east to Kansas is an easy way to rack up miles without traffic. Tons of places she get off and be unseen. In fact, I felt very nervous even before my WS days at a gas station on that route at night. An exit right off the highway, yet the gas station felt like the wild west with nothing around it and poorly lit. During the day she might be feel too exposed with the flat, treeless landscape, but at night Kansas is a great place to hide someone.

Going to Utah would be a much harder drive through the mountains....955 mountain miles is a lot of time.

South is possible, but with 955 miles I bet she went east at night.

I bet she forgot her watch and her phone this time.

Do all new cars have the ability to be tracked, even if she got one without navigation? We haven't heard of any searches in another state. Maybe she was able to go undetected? Where did she end up staying after being kicked out? Surely if a hotel rumor is true, they have parking lot cameras that would at least show when she left and returned. Hopefully.

All new rental cars can be tracked, and probably all old rental cars too.

As others have pointed out, this is not the type of tracking where you ask Siri where to go. It is instead, more like "bugging" the car with a lo-jack device, so that the rental agency doesn't have to worry about geolocating it.

I thought Crime Online was associated with Nancy Grace?

Yes, that's also true.

No matter who the reporter(s) are or the interviewers...the plan to space out parts of the interview seems like a ratings ploy...I don’t understand what is behind it otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the reason that Crime Online did not post a part 2 until/without after part 1, is because they were waiting for (a), the car rental receipt; (b), hoping to get a copy of Tee's alleged self-administered lie detector test.

I caught up and read 680 messages last night. I read every other page and go back if something jumps out at me. My question is this, after all of the stories we have heard, if T provided Crime Online with the rental receipt with details redacted, is it possible she could tamper with the mileage on the receipt, re-scan it, and keep us up all night? Who provided Crime Online with the receipt?

-Tee gave CrimeOnline the receipt. (So said author of the article, Leigh Egan, here on WS.)

-CrimeOnline blacked out the details and should, as per admittance of Leigh Egan commenting also here on this site, have blocked out more. The article was edited to black out the pickup locale.

If I were to speculate at all IMO etc, I might conclude that he took vyvanse for adhd,which on occasion caused constipation for which miralax would be prescribed, you know IF I was speculating....

He could simply have taken good old Adderall, though, correct?

In that media interview where she had her back to the camera, I believe TS herself spent some time saying how she wanted to search but couldn’t for several reasons she rattled off.

Because "death threats".

Does anyone have a link that references the rental car being impounded? I don’t remember if that was rumor or fact at this point.

It was a question posed by a journalist far as I remember. We certainly discussed it on one of the early threads here and a mod may have opined. not sure which thread.

100% rumor. Someone asked Sheriff's spokesperson at an early press conference, about a white rental car. Spokeperson was, I think, Deb(orah) Mynatt; but not positive. She said they could not confirm nor deny.

Moderator said similarly, IIRC, at the time, that we could not discuss it; and there were several posts edited/removed talking about it.

Did that flyer get confirmed as coming from her?? That would make so much sense! :)

Not confirmed; but we do, IMO, know it wasn't an official Missing poster, because nobody here can ever recall seeing an official agency's Missing poster that features anything but the Missing person(s). Other people not missing, are always cropped out of the posters.

bbm
Yes, it is possible. Everything is on the table until we know. But doesn’t strike me as super probable. Her behavior in driving a sick child to exchange sporting equipment or offering explanations about blood, vomit and poop become extremely coincidental then. And it would be strange for him to not appear on any of the neighborhood cameras.

Would it have been perceived differently if TS had left GS home and alone? Maybe his 'sick' was not a significant issue at that time. It probably wasn't the best choice to make him travel that distance but I expect she saw no other choice, considering what we think we know of her personality. This element is 'sorta' explainable, but still is an issue.

I get that TS explaining those items is perceived as being "extremely coincidental" but, I also note that GS is an 11 year old boy, and a seemingly active one, at that. We've all seen the photo of GS in a back-flip dive over water while wearing a Mae West. But, we also may have seen or heard other media elements of GS. Those media elements cause great concern, and tilt the likelihood toward a nefarious possibility.

Of course it would be strange if GS isn't shown in any surveillance footage from (non-RD) cameras in the neighborhood... but I do not believe we know one way or the other. Significant time has elapsed for LE to have gathered additional video from various sources but LE has been hush-hush as of late. We do not know.

There is no evidence of GS having been abducted; no evidence. This remains a possibility. Pending.

There is no definitive evidence of GS having not returned from the shopping trip. Superficial evidence, yes, but I simply can not ignore what I see in the RD video. GS is not seen upon the return but I have a reasonable doubt. Even accounting for TS' changing story regarding driveway or no driveway parking, I have no idea of her then-mental state; maybe she's exhausted, certainly fearful (death threats), desperate and who knows what else. Narcissistic? I don't know. Self-centered? There's evidence that supports such a conclusion. A murderer? I don't know. Does anyone here know? Is it possible. Yes. Is it proven as of yet? Nope. Will it be? Pending.

I'm curious again. Lol. Where I live we have traffic camera intersections. They record the vehicles going through , their speed , if they ran a red light ect. If a violation has occurred , you are notified by mail and the police include 2 photos of the vehicle. 1 going through the intersection and 1 close up the plate number. Are there cameras like these in Colorado?
Interesting idea! I would think they could track vehicles through these cameras if they knew the general direction the car was traveling. This was used in the case in Grand Rapids of the young woman who vanished from a gas station..Jessica Heeringa and probably other cases as well. The cameras are used in conjunction with ring cameras and other video cameras from homeowners along its path. That may be what led LE to the areas they are currently searching, although I tend to believe it is more wifi than cameras that have led them to these areas. I don't have a ring camera but I think that those families that do have ring cameras or other cameras should routinely examine the videos to see if there are items of concern that show up and not necessarily only do it when an event occurs at their home. This is Big Brother and it kind of bothers me a bit to be reliant on tracking. There are many things moving forward to allow more of this, it is good if it catches a criminal or other serious acts, not sure how I really feel about my every move being tracked. Privacy concerns are real in this new world we live in. Interesting topic.

I must be losing my mind. I swear I saw that the pick up location was Colorado springs Airport, but the drop off location was only blacked out. I can't find the other post I first saw it on now though.
NOPE--not losing your mind.
The first photo of the receipt did show the pick up location and had the drop off location blacked out.

im just wondering how the SM knows Gannon is still alive and out there? Everytime I read a interview from her that's what she says,does she not realize its been over a month, why would she think that at all?
A 11 year old out on his own in that weather doesn't have much of a chance to survive this long, ugh she makes me so mad!

Why black out the return location?

Both pickup and return have been blocked out, without notice of retraction (which journalists are supposed to do - they never completely disown things they've written, they just admit mistakes...)

However, many of us saw or downloaded the original. There's now a discrepancy between what TS originally released (unredacted version) and what crimeonline is saying about her pickup/dropoff points.

Note that this is a tried and true tactic used to divide the public/audiences. '

Also, there's no mention anywhere on crimeonline of what car TS took to the airport. And now the crimeonline article reports a different place of pickup than that listed on the original receipt.

The pickup and dropoff location for the rental seems to be the same Colorado Springs Airport location, based on the redaction being not quite so redacted. The blacked out area didn't quite cover the top few pixels, which seems identical for both pickup and dropoff. And since we know the pickup location, we then also know the dropoff location. I tried zooming in on the attached images, hope it's clear enough.
Sweet sleuthing you!

Both pickup and return have been blocked out, without notice of retraction (which journalists are supposed to do - they never completely disown things they've written, they just admit mistakes...)

However, many of us saw or downloaded the original. There's now a discrepancy between what TS originally released (unredacted version) and what crimeonline is saying about her pickup/dropoff points.

Note that this is a tried and true tactic used to divide the public/audiences. '

Also, there's no mention anywhere on crimeonline of what car TS took to the airport. And now the crimeonline article reports a different place of pickup than that listed on the original receipt.
I found Leigh Egan's (crimeline) messages:
She said she drove her car and parked it there. She got it when she returned.

She said she drove her own car to the airport and picked up it when the rental car was brought back. We've reached out to LE for comment on that but not expecting that they'll be able to confirm that.

Yesterday I posted that I was surprised that Leigh (Crime Online) did not ask what car Stepmom took to the airport, as it was a logical question. Leigh came on a few minutes later, replying that stepmom said that she took her own car to the airport and picked it up when she returned the rental. This never was in the article, but it was here on WS.

bbm

Would it have been perceived differently if TS had left GS home and alone? Maybe his 'sick' was not a significant issue at that time. It probably wasn't the best choice to make him travel that distance but I expect she saw no other choice, considering what we think we know of her personality. This element is 'sorta' explainable, but still is an issue.

I get that TS explaining those items is perceived as being "extremely coincidental" but, I also note that GS is an 11 year old boy, and a seemingly active one, at that. We've all seen the photo of GS in a back-flip dive over water while wearing a Mae West. But, we also may have seen or heard other media elements of GS. Those media elements cause great concern, and tilt the likelihood toward a nefarious possibility.

Of course it would be strange if GS isn't shown in any surveillance footage from (non-RD) cameras in the neighborhood... but I do not believe we know one way or the other. Significant time has elapsed for LE to have gathered additional video from various sources but LE has been hush-hush as of late. We do not know.

There is no evidence of GS having been abducted; no evidence. This remains a possibility. Pending.

There is no definitive evidence of GS having not returned from the shopping trip. Superficial evidence, yes, but I simply can not ignore what I see in the RD video. GS is not seen upon the return but I have a reasonable doubt. Even accounting for TS' changing story regarding driveway or no driveway parking, I have no idea of her then-mental state; maybe she's exhausted, certainly fearful (death threats), desperate and who knows what else. Narcissistic? I don't know. Self-centered? There's evidence that supports such a conclusion. A murderer? I don't know. Does anyone here know? Is it possible. Yes. Is it proven as of yet? Nope. Will it be? Pending.
I’m with Jane. It’s possible. Just not likely in my opinion.

I don’t really get the necessity for LS to rent a car when they had 3 vehicles available. I’m really confused about it actually. Imo her reasoning for it is complete BS. Who cares if GS saw them and ran from the car then they would see him running from the car and find him. She also rented it a few hours earlier than AS’s flight arrival. Was it then when she drove it around disposing of possible evidence?

Did AS drive around with her in this rental looking for him around the neighborhoods? What the heck does AS think about this car rental situation? If he didn’t go with her wouldn’t he wonder where she was all night driving around? She must have had her phone on her then in case he called to say GS came home and could easily be tracked. If she forgot her phone once again then she needs to just be arrested because nobody does that while looking for their missing son. How did she get that many miles on it if she even did? GS couldn’t have been deceased in that rental or LE would have arrested her by now, correct ? Wth I’m sorry I just am struggling to fit this piece into the puzzle.

im just wondering how the SM knows Gannon is still alive and out there? Everytime I read a interview from her that's what she says,does she not realize its been over a month, why would she think that at all?
A 11 year old out on his own in that weather doesn't have much of a chance to survive this long, ugh she makes me so mad!

She can only believe that if she knows he was passed to an adult caretaker. He's not living on his own in the wilderness.

If TS is not being truthful, then we would expect her to use every opportunity to delay any kind of closure on this case, as that will benefit her.

IMO, "an easy way to pull in and out" was added because Tee was spying on people speculating about RD's video, as to why she was spending so much time with the red truck "backing in and out of her driveway".

She is, IMO, gratefully receiving and incorporating the unsolicited theory that she is bad at backing up in and out of a driveway; thus why she "needed" a smaller car.

All new rental cars can be tracked, and probably all old rental cars too.

As others have pointed out, this is not the type of tracking where you ask Siri where to go. It is instead, more like "bugging" the car with a lo-jack device, so that the rental agency doesn't have to worry about geolocating it.

Yes, that's also true.

I'm pretty sure the reason that Crime Online did not post a part 2 until/without after part 1, is because they were waiting for (a), the car rental receipt; (b), hoping to get a copy of Tee's alleged self-administered lie detector test.

-Tee gave CrimeOnline the receipt. (So said author of the article, Leigh Egan, here on WS.)

-CrimeOnline blacked out the details and should, as per admittance of Leigh Egan commenting also here on this site, have blocked out more. The article was edited to black out the pickup locale.

SNIPPED for focus

Not confirmed; but we do, IMO, know it wasn't an official Missing poster, because nobody here can ever recall seeing an official agency's Missing poster that features anything but the Missing person(s). Other people not missing, are always cropped out of the posters.

TS has to be associated with that second poster (the one that misstates what he wore that day) because it is her selfie that is used. Unless she thinks some community organization hacked into her iCLoud (!)

So she actually helped concoct a competing Missing Poster, early on, that states Gannon is 'sick,' featuers TS's face prominently, says he was wearing jeans when we can see on the video that he was wearing track pants. She does not mention some stranger whose description she has already given to police. Indeed, except for that one statement by TS, no one involved in this case has mentioned a stranger accompanying Gannon.

I've never heard of any cameras like these in the American West (plate recognition of every car moving would cause quite a stir - there are already lawsuits where I live inhibiting the use of even red light cams, which only take a picture if the car goes into the intersection after light turns red...supposedly).

I found Leigh Egan's (crimeline) messages:
She said she drove her car and parked it there. She got it when she returned.

She said she drove her own car to the airport and picked up it when the rental car was brought back. We've reached out to LE for comment on that but not expecting that they'll be able to confirm that.

So, I suppose we should assume she's now driving the VW SUV (the one with the restricted mileage?) I for one cannot forget the original receipt (which also contains no charge for dropping off at a different place than where picked up). "My own car" could mean any of the cars attached to her, I'm guessing. We will have to wait to see which vehicle she actually took (there should be cameras at the airport parking lot). Eventually we'll all know which airport she went to (meantime, I'm going with the one on the receipt first published - reputable news outlets do retractions, not erasures, of what they published).

I am also wondering why it matters to TS whether the proper place of pick-up and drop-off is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288