Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

But if it's community property, or asset they would likely have to get permission from her too,and judging from the car key warrant her own words. I doubt she would grant that. She would force them to get a warrant. MOO

2. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

My sense is that he told more than one outlet. One outlet (stated this in the presser) that they called LE first to check about releasing info and chose to respect LE's request not to air. The other outlet didn't. I don't think the neighbor really understood that he shouldn't be sharing this with the media. MOO, of course.

3. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."

bbm
    Ita.
    Needing a 'hurl' emoji about now. :(

4. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

OMG!! I hadn't thought of that:eek::(

5. ColoGirl

ColoGirl Well-Known Member

I wonder if a well known personality might convince the SM to talk more.... Nancy Grace ?

6. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."

Agreed.
    Esp. since LE 'threatened to shoot her' at the Marshall's store .. in front of other shoppers. Must have thrown a 'hissy fit' and outright refused to comply.
    So .... I doubt she's complying now.

7. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

It just seems like female killers of children have so often taken the kid on some last "fun" thing to do like a hike or a trip or something and then resort to some less violent means to end it.

8. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

It always surprises me how many times criminal or just shady activity is caught on video outside a house. Don't they know everyone has cameras nowadays? I could load 3 dead bodies in my car and no one would ever see because I would do it INSIDE MY GARAGE!

9. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, according to what she said in her interview. She and her daughter had to go to the store to get clean underwear, which is apparently where they were when police handcuffed her daughter, pulled a gun on her and towed the vehicle.

Imo

cass523, x_files, BOSCOE and 3 others like this.
  10. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

This info leads me to ask if there is any proof that he had a doctor's appointment but she called to say he was constipated and the nurse called something in? Should be pretty easy to confirm with the doctor's office. Could she have been leaving to pick up the prescription?
    If carpet was replaced Monday, (and I don't really believe this yet), where are the carpet people? Just thinking outloud here......:confused:

11. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

Yep!

ballads1 and Linda7NJ like this.
  12. Springsmom3

Springsmom3 Well-Known Member

Was wondering about the timing of that. They moved the base on Sunday (Saturday? The days run together for me sometimes), but the neighbor said he showed the video to AS and LE first thing Monday. Their targeted search near Las Vegas was initiated prior to knowing about the video, so probably hinges on some other tip.

cass523, MsBetsy and dkryder like this.
  13. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Who would
    I like the way you think!

cass523 and lonetraveler like this.
  14. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

Even in the winter?

Shadow@light and dkryder like this.
  15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

True, but I doubt LE would take any chances in searching the home without a warrant.

Imo

cass523 and Midwestmom2019 like this.
  16. Faebray

Faebray Well-Known Member

Absolutely! And I think they wanted to make a point that the investigation started off with intentional false information from the SM. Saying it without saying it.

17. KrisCo16

KrisCo16 Well-Known Member

My guess is that the immediate neighbors don’t have cameras, and she didn’t think a camera two or three houses down could capture any movement, especially a house on the same side of the road.

18. WildcatRunner

WildcatRunner Well-Known Member

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I know some people commented about her grammar in the interview (I haven't watched it) but I believe the family is from the south, which tends to lead to some different grammar than we might find normal in the north. A lot of my family is southern, and I think often their speech sounds "less intelligent" but it is just how the region speaks. Two-fold, there are plenty of horrible people who are very intelligent, or have Ph.D's even. Ted Bundy was very smart, Edmund Kemper had the IQ of genius, I believe; the Unibomber was very intelligent....my point being, someone could certainly have a bucket full of advanced degrees, and create the cure for cancer but still be a pretty terrible person morally.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2020
  19. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

Yep. It hadn't snowed in a while and has been pretty warm/dry. When it's warm in January a lot of people go outdoors on hikes in CO.

catch_22, NoSI, AnnaGrace and 4 others like this.
  20. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Welp, we now know she lied.

Lying to the police when a child is missing is INCREDIBLY STUPID if you want people to believe you’re innocent.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.