Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
While everyone is focusing on the car and Gannon getting in/out of it. I noticed in the press conference that the detective was pretty specific that something lead them to targeted, specific searches. I'm speculating that happened prior to the video being released as they moved their operations.

So what potentially led them to move? I think that may be a bigger clue of what's going on than the video is. Is someone talking? Is that why they aren't overly concerned with the video being leaked?

I really hope they hadn't already made a deal :oops:
Does SM have to give her permission for her 17 yr old daughter to be interviewed? I think that the daughter knows a lot of what happened to Gannon.

Even in the winter?
Colorado "winters" have lots and lots of days where it's still nice hiking weather. If we don't get out when it's chilly, we won't get out at all for most of the year. And the Springs has grown so much over the last several years, the touristy places like GOTG always seems to have quite a number of people there.

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 1 week
The sheriff's office also stated their search on Monday was focused in the area of 2743 E. Las Vegas Street, adding the search in that area was completed by 2 p.m. The sheriff's office did not specify why this area was chosen, other than stating on Sunday that incident command was moved to the location "based on information gathered from the investigation."

Timeline

The timeline from the moment Gannon was reported missing to the decision to upgrade the preteen to an endangered missing child was outlined by the sheriff's office as followed:

Monday, Jan. 27
- Last seen in the afternoon when he went to play at a friend's house down the street.
- 6:55 p.m., El Paso County Sheriff's Office dispatch receives call of runaway child, 6600 Block Mandan Drive.
- 7:32 p.m., Gannon Stauch entered into state and national databases as active runaway
- Last seen between 3 and 4 p.m. on the 27th
- Nothing found on initial search

Tuesday, Jan. 28
- 12:29 p.m., case turned over to EPSO investigators
- Detectives conduct interviews, collect surveillance, follow up on additional leads

Wednesday, Jan. 29
- Investigation continues

Thursday, Jan. 30
- Upgrade case from runaway to endangered missing child
- EPSO requests resources from NCMEC and FBI Crimes Abduction Rapid Deployment Team
Snipped
Not updated yet but am curious- what’s at the address?
Eta - El Pomar youth sports complex comes up when I googled it

Accusing no one... just thinking.... keeping it simple...

If the goal was to get him gone, minus neighborhood cameras, he's home sick, confirmed by others in the house, if he were left sleepy in the middle of nowhere, he didn't stand a chance. She's at home, claims he just wandered off. If his remains are found, it might look like he'd run away to there.... and she gets her apology....

I no longer think this was the result of direct violent. I think it's part of layered plot by a sick, manipulative mind. Really, really sick.

How long could a child survive, lost and wandering?

Some days I hate being related to humanity.

JMO

What is she known to have lied about? I have not read every post...not saying she didn’t but what specifically backfired?
If she didn't return with him at a certain time he couldn't have left for his friends house at that time.

She is either lying about when he left or how he got there or not knowing which friend it was.

Yep. It hadn't snowed in a while and has been pretty warm/dry. When it's warm in January a lot of people go outdoors on hikes in CO.
Very true. I have YakTrax and go even when it's icy. We were just up at Rocky Mountain NP and there were a TON of people, snowshoeing and skiing on the regular hiking trails. It's too pretty here to stay inside. And the places that are super touristy and easy to access like GOTG REALLY REALLY get crowded. Even in the winter.

What is she known to have lied about? I have not read every post...not saying she didn’t but what specifically backfired?

She said Gannon left later in the day on Monday to visit a friend and now there is video showing him getting in a red truck that morning with her and then 4 hours later she returns in that same truck with no Gannon.

Phone pings, GPS, Commercial CCTV and Private Security Cameras are going to tell the tale.

For someone with "all those degrees", she's pretty stupid. However, she's a tough nut and she's not going to admit guilt. LE knows it too.

They are going to have to do mountains of Detective Work to put this woman behind bars. I know we think it's imminent but it may not be that way.

Unless there is a witness that cracks and tells all, it might take longer to get what we want.

MOO

He could not have gone to visit a friend between 3-4 as she claimed. She failed to mention she took him somewhere at 10:15 and returned without him. She told one person he was home sick on Monday, she told another he had dr. appt.

What we don't is how GS appeared when he left the house. Was he a normal kid running to the car etc, or was he subdued in nature, or worse that caused the father to cry? My thought would be that if the father saw his son appearing normal, he wouldn't have been so upset.

ETA- The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, Drayton said.

Surveillance video shows stepmom with Colorado boy before he went missing
This >> The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, Drayton said. :(

She said Gannon left later in the day on Monday to visit a friend and now there is video showing him getting in a red truck that morning with her and then 4 hours later she returns in that same truck with no Gannon.

And no Gannon after that. So she didn’t drop him off at friend’s house, paintball, mall, pizza place, party, or anywhere else from where he returned later.

From this article:

"I caught Gannon getting into her vehicle at 10:13 Monday morning," Drayton said. He said the video shows the truck returning to the house at 2:19 p.m. but Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

Clears up the day and whose truck it is.
It could still be the family’s truck.

Source:Surveillance video shows stepmom with Colorado boy before he went missing

She probably lead him to believe she was taking him to the doctor for this "stomach issue" she said he had an appointment then changed her story and said she called the nurse line to ask what she should do. She has lied so much it is getting harder and harder to keep track of her BS. Bottom line is she left with him and came back without him.
BBM-- THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He could not have gone to visit a friend between 3-4 as she claimed. She failed to mention she took him somewhere at 10:15 and returned without him. She told one person he was home sick on Monday, she told another he had dr. appt.
Omg, why is she not considered a suspect by now? Sorry, coming in late so could have missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23