Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

In the latest post from the EPC Sheriff's Office, it specifically states that "Any information that is prematurely released and is not directly released from the El Paso County Sheriff's Department is not a credible source."

I'm going to back the Sheriff's department on this because I don't trust the media and I have a big problem with the time stamps on the video which was prematurely released. I am not saying the video isn't legitimate, but I don't trust the time stamps or the media.

JMO

HoldySi, susiQ, BOSCOE and 9 others like this.

2. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."

bbm
    And there you have it. :D :D :D

Cj707, susiQ, NoSI and 17 others like this.
  3. firebird

firebird Former Member

The same applies to pre-teens. Maybe more so. He looked fine to me. Not at all frightened or ill. Not concerning at all without more. jmo

4. GordianKnot

GordianKnot New(ish) Member

One thing I'm wondering about now is what time Monday the purported Google search was done.

Specifically, I'm wondering if that Google search was done before SM and GS were seen leaving the house on Monday morning, after SM returned with the truck in the afternoon, or sometime in between.

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

The what if this and what if that get to be a bit much. We are allowed to speculate on facts. Making up wild theories will not help find anyone. And we are not allowed to post off topic personal anecdotes.

6. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

I can’t see what’s happening in the video well enough to have any idea what was going on at that time.

7. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Did you watch it in HIGH DEF on your television ?

the neighbor did

8. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

@jillycat , I am very sorry for your loss. You are so right about hope - it's essential in cases such as these.

HayLouise, susiQ, AnnaGrace and 9 others like this.
  9. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking along similar lines. I’m absolutely directionally challenged. East west north south. It’s all the same to me. But I keep going back to this video. I don’t know how far away it is.

10. Jazzy5980

Jazzy5980 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your insight and eloquent words. I am very sorry you lost your dear son.

11. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Exactly. The video is what it is. It will not get tossed out of court.

12. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Exactly. The video is what it is. It will not get tossed out of court.

susiQ, kittythehare, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  13. Pianoturtle

Pianoturtle Well-Known Member

I don’t know that it was scrubbed. When the video cuts to show the truck arriving back at the house it seems to me it’s someone recording the footage playing on a tv and they zoom in on the corner where the truck is. The date and time might just be out of frame.

14. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

RBBM

Indeed. If Gannon has come to harm by her premeditated actions, those four hours would fly like minutes. She would be scrambling to cover her tracks.

Which she didn't do very well, if the neighbor's video is authentic.

JMVHO.

15. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

At the Q&A, the LE spokesperson referenced the folly of investigative info being leaked because of future legal proceedings. We don’t know how successful a defense atty would be in getting that video out of the way.

DTPeke likes this.
  16. gsleuth

gsleuth waiting for justice for victims

I am curious about this too.
    ''is the truck AS's vehicle? If so, why would she need a truck to take him to the hospital? Or, Petco or wherever?''

17. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

HayLouise, susiQ, Honey_West and 22 others like this.
  18. Rush4087

Rush4087 Well-Known Member

I doubt she would have disposed of him any where nearby. Too risky. And wherever her phone pinged, that might've just been a stop along the way to where she was actually headed (she probably left the phone somewhere and then continued on).

What wilderness or remote places has she been to around there before? Did she camp, hike, hunt, or fish? Places that are within say 1 1/2 hr drive of the house? Mountains would be best, and might avoid the need to dig a grave. Wouldn't be far from the road. But she would've had to find a place with no witnesses, so not any scenic or popular routes. Heavily wooded areas a possibility, but not as likely IMO..

Might be video cams on some of the routes up into the mountains or out into remote areas though. And I assume they've checked GPS /on star on the truck (maybe they're awaiting results), and gas station cc receipts.

Perhaps they can also test the soil on the truck tires, her shoes, and on any implements in the bag. They could also test those same items for Gannon's DNA. Also, check the house for antifreeze (incl trace amounts on glasses). But they've probably done all that, and again, it's just more circumstantial evidence without finding Gannon. Wish we could bring him home

19. Winterhike

Winterhike Well-Known Member

I was thinking about what we can see of G's affect and posture in the video; speaking of alternative scenarios, I wonder if it could be explained by his emotional state rather than a physical issue like illness or injury.
    Maybe, being a tween boy (who lives in a blended family with some complicated parental factors), he and his stepmother had a disagreement about something in the house. I can think of a million things an 11-year-old and a stepmother who presented the way this one did in the Cousin It interview could disagree about. Maybe she was irritated that he was home instead of at school. Maybe he just missed his dad (or mom). Maybe he was just being obnoxious the way 11-year-old boys can be (I say that with great love for 11-year-old boys).
    So maybe she wanted him to get in the car to go somewhere and he just didn't want to go, like he didn't want to be in the same space with her or he really just wanted to lay around and play video games. So he was moving reluctantly and refusing to close the car door, etc.

I'm not saying this means there definitely was no injury or other risk to his life (and it doesn't really explain anything about whatever evidence LE collected in the house). He certainly could have been hurt or sick, I'm just not sure we know that from what we've seen on the limited video we've got so far.

Following this alternative theory along, I think this would point toward some accidental terrible thing happening to G wherever they went in the hours before SM returned alone (and her covering it up), or toward her snapping and reacting to his attitude violently.

Kiranerys, susiQ, AnnaGrace and 8 others like this.
  20. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

FOX31 and Channel 2 were the first to obtain a copy of the video, which came from a surveillance camera at a home in the neighborhood where Stauch was last seen. After discussing the video with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, FOX31 and Channel 2 have decided to share it.

On Monday, investigators were seen removing evidence from the house.

Drayton says the video shows Stauch and his stepmother leaving the home in a pickup truck about 10:13 a.m. on Jan. 27.

"I saw him come out of the house, get into the truck. Something's not right," Drayton said, adding that Stauch looked sluggish and as though he may have been "drugged."

Video shows the truck returning at 2:19 p.m. However, Stauch is not seen.

"[He] never got out of the truck," Drayton said.
    Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy

HaikuMommy, HayLouise, susiQ and 21 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.