Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit

Brit Well-Known Member

This is true. I find it creepy myself. On the other hand, a friend of mines car got stolen from her driveway, she didn’t have a ring, but her neighbor did, and because of that they caught the bastards! Guess there are pros and cons to everything.

<modsnip - referencing info from social media>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
    Tutter, Ontario Mom and Pianoturtle like this.

2. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Maybe her nerves were a wreck by then.

lonetraveler, osu, 10ofRods and 2 others like this.
  3. whatsnext

whatsnext Justice for Gannon

Yeah, now it's all about the waiting game. :(

AnnaGrace, osu, GordianKnot and 2 others like this.
  4. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

I was looking at what a think is a bandage in her palm ,and the thumb injury.

osu and sleuther0192837465 like this.
  5. Warwick7

BAM!!!

6. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

Why are people questioning her shirt though? Are people suggesting the hole in her shirt has something to do with what happened to him? I mean...I have a ton of long sleeved shirts like this. So does my daughter. It’s a perfectly normal thing

7. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

I think that is what throws people off...that is a bandage, not a wrinkle or a cut cuff...MOO

8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

@gitana1
    (Note-Looks like Fox31/2 News pulled the surveillance video.)

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

Feb 3, 2020

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- One week after an 11-year-old El Paso County boy went missing, authorities received a new piece of evidence to further the investigation into Gannon Stauch’s disappearance.

FOX31 obtained a copy of this evidence that came from a neighbor's surveillance camera. Authorities have asked us not to describe or show it yet because it’s a part of their investigation. To ensure we don’t compromise anything in the search for Stauch, we are honoring the sheriff’s office request.

[..]

A few doors down, neighbor Roderrick Drayton did some investigating on his own.

“I couldn’t sleep so I just stayed up and I started looking through [surveillance footage],” Drayton said, adding, “I looked through on my tablet, then I said, 'Let me look on my TV to be sure.”

Police have asked us not to share what he found yet.

“This is something the investigators are looking into and it would be part of our investigation,” Kirby said.

Drayton took the footage to Stauch’s father, who immediately called detectives.

“He just broke down crying,” Drayton said.

Drayton says detectives were moved by the footage too.

“They said this is the break they needed,” Drayton said.

FOX31 asked the sheriff’s office if they are getting closer to finding answers Monday afternoon.

[..]

FOX31 will share the footage as soon as the sheriff’s office approves.

eta: we had a debate about the media getting the footage first but according to this dad called LE

9. sleuther0192837465

I think other people are questioning whether the shirt cuffs were cut off by her, on purpose, to cover up an injury. MOO

10. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I'm catching up but wanted to mention some observations about the video after watching and pausing and lightening and obsessing over it lastnight.

IMO I'm certain that the neighbor and LE have now watched all of the day before and day of (and probably the day after) Gannon's disappearance. ABC World news showed a few stills of Gannon and his sister playing in the yard on Sunday (see attached image) so there is footage from Sunday as well.

The quality of the camera footage is actually far better than what news media outlets are showing. I saw a shot that the neighbor had up on his TV in High Def on one of the news casts (I can't find it now) but it was very clear. I believe they could see exactly what was going on and who was / wasn't there. I also think they could see what SM was carrying in and out. As well as when the older daughter came and went.
    They also had the advantage of sound.

The camera that Fox31 showed attached to the house lastnight is the type that moves toward motion or sound. So it's not permanently angled toward the Stauch home. It simply moved that direction when there was movement. Mine does the same thing and it was under $100.

All that to say that if Gannon had returned to that house at all after 10:13am on Monday I'm near certain that they would know. With LE saying they aren't disputing the neighbors claims that he has "the last sighting of Gannon" I'm comfortable assuming that after 10:13a he isn't seen at or walking away from the front of that house at all. That's not to say he couldn't have left out of the back of the house (my kids do, often and cut through yards to friends houses)

However, I also believe the neighbors claims that Gannon appeared "sluggish" as if "he might have been drugged".
    MOO I don't see SM bending over to pick up something that dropped. I see her helping Gannon into the truck. Unless he was injured or under the influence of something she wouldn't have had to help him at his age. I find that part very "off" and evidence that something was wrong with Gannon.

Attached Files:

11. Warwick7

Isn't this just a video of a video? I would guess the original is clear as glass.

12. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

I do see what you’re seeing. It’s a possibility. Could also be another shirt underneath.

13. SweetPeas56

SweetPeas56 Well-Known Member

That was my thought, too

Warwick7 likes this.
  14. NerdLumps89

NerdLumps89 Member

Same. If you live in an area with any sort of crime - car thefts, package theft, vandalism, etc, the cameras can definitely offer peace of mind. I'd say 50% of the homes on my block have them. They seem to act as a deterrent more than anything. We've caught people "casing" late at night, walking and looking at each door for a bit to see if there's a camera. People who steal/etc aren't looking to get their faces caught on camera. More for home defense than for snooping.

15. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Usually, I'd agree with you about the phone. However, a mom in the situation I think SM is in would certainly behave very different to a regular mom. Indeed, there are still people (few) who don't have cell phones and there are people who aren't allowed their cell phone while they work (and their kids are in school).

At this point in a case, I like to ponder how much SM might know about cell phones. Quite a bit, I'm guessing. But anything she did (turning it off, putting it on airplane mode, leaving it somewhere) is going to be evidence. It's going to help persuade a jury if it comes to that.

Likewise with the GPS on the truck, if any. I'm sure LE is getting or has gotten records on both. Apparently, she was cooperating with LE at some point, but I'm guessing she has not given them any sort of statement about where she was for those 4 missing hours. Hopefully they've got a crew looking for further CCTV of the truck as it turns from the development and as it heads where ever it was going.

16. sleuther0192837465

I could not possibly AGREE with you MORE! Excellent post!!! MOO

17. Brit

Brit Well-Known Member

This is on point. I also think she was helping him into the truck. If he was sluggish the way RD observed, and 11yo getting up into a high pickup truck on his own would be difficult.

18. Night Watcher

Night Watcher Well-Known Member

19. Gray

Gray Well-Known Member

I guess I can understand that, but IMO it doesn't matter. She's wearing a shirt that covers her palm, no one seems to dispute that there's a bandage there, and palm injuries are not a common thing, so it's suspicious that she has one right around the time she drove off to who knows where with her stepson.

I just don't see the value in debating whether she cut the hole herself or a manufacturer did. She could also have easily just kept her hands inside her sleeves like many people do when it's cold.

No offense intended to anyone here... I just don't think it's a major key in the mystery. MOO.

20. Night Watcher

Night Watcher Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.