Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie Kirby, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office, told ABC News the footage was “just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle.”

“The investigation continues 24/7,” she said. “Obviously we don’t like to reveal anything in the investigation to keep the integrity of that investigation, but we also understand that we cannot control what citizens do and do not do.”
https://www.outtherecolorado.com/su...epmother-authorities-warn-of-mis-information/

I would definitely like to know more about the family dynamic.
You never know what goes on behind closed doors but Gannon was at the age that I would think if there was mistreatment, he would confide in someone. Even if it was little things, like he never had lunch money or didn't want to stay with SM alone. I'm sure they have but I really hope they have talked to the other children that lived in that house extensively because they would have a first-hand account on the treatment of poor Gannon when no one else was around.
Although I've read enough cases to know it does happen, I feel it's rare that someone would just decide to "disappear" a kid when there was never a previous sign of ill-intent or mistreatment.
I also wonder if Gannon possibly witness SM engaged in some kind of inappropriate activity and she was afraid he would spill the beans on her.

But he was walking to the car on Monday. If he was capable of walking he probably wasn’t gravely injured yet

I honestly think he would not have to be gravely injured to be silenced. He could have had bruises, etc. that SM could not explain. She went too far and left marks or other obvious signs of abuse. The emotional abuse she doled out prior turned physical. He would have to go back to school or dad would come home and she would be found to be the abuser she is. She could not have that so she disappeared him instead. MOO

There was a neighbor early on who looked at her security camera but didn't find anything. This was when she originally looked druing the 3-4pm on Monday.

LE needs to get back to that neighbor and look at Monday's video between 10:15 and 2:15pm.

Earlier story:

Kaitlyn O'Kelly, a neighbor across the street, said she immediately checked her home's security camera to see if Gannon was recorded there.

"I didn't catch anything on (it)," she said. "A friend in the neighborhood a couple of houses down said that she might have caught some kids talking on her camera Monday afternoon, but she wasn't sure if it was him."

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO

After watching the family's statement, I sure felt a lot more hope from them that he's alive than the desperation from the parents in the press conference. I am hoping, maybe unrealistically?, that they have evidence/belief that he's alive somewhere somehow moreso now than when they originally spoke to the public. That poor family and that poor little girl!!!

“Common man” has many cameras. I think everybody in my neighborhood has a camera or 5 of some sort on their property. They really are NOT the expensive and super easy to use (I also have them). So if I go missing from my house I guarantee someone will have it on their footage.

I have 7 cameras. They are really inexpensive these days for certain brands. Mine arent the best but they were really inexpensive and no monthly fee. All the normal features of sound, 2-way talk through the cam, night vision, alerts through Smart Phone, etc.

I started out with 3 but then got 4 more since they were so inexpensive. I have put them all over the place on outside and 1 on inside in case the bad guys get in. :)

Ashley Franco on Twitte

NEW: video statement from #GannonStauch family after his disappearance more than a week ago. "If you have anything credible please call."

I am so glad someone put this up!!! I just had it and then I lost it!

Did you catch how bio mom says he loves Sonic [ I took that as favorite food was not Burger King]...

There was a neighbor early on who looked at her security camera but didn't find anything. This was when she originally looked druing the 3-4pm on Monday.

LE needs to get back to that neighbor and look at Monday's video between 10:15 and 2:15pm.

Earlier story:

Kaitlyn O'Kelly, a neighbor across the street, said she immediately checked her home's security camera to see if Gannon was recorded there.

"I didn't catch anything on (it)," she said. "A friend in the neighborhood a couple of houses down said that she might have caught some kids talking on her camera Monday afternoon, but she wasn't sure if it was him."

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
For sure. I bet a lot of people were looking for a boy walking at 3pm and didn’t look before then.

So far, the only issue I see that the SM has done that may be illegal is to leave with Gannon and not return with Gannon. There has only been speculation for everything else. There could be premeditated murder, accidental death, neglect of a medical condition but there has been nothing to prove any of that so far.
The video shows that she left with Gannon and did not return with him. That is unexplained but not illegal.
Don't get me wrong, I think she is up to her ears in this. But, so far no arrest.

True, true. I'm thinking it's taking some time to process all the evidence they took out of the house two days ago. According to this report from Fox31 they took "bags of evidence" that got "bigger and bigger with each trip". I'm sure it's taking time to process the evidence pulled from Harley's car. They must have processed or will process the truck soon too. They probably want everything in order forensics wise, considering they might have to lean on it more since the video got leaked.

I'm catching up but wanted to mention some observations about the video after watching and pausing and lightening and obsessing over it lastnight.

IMO I'm certain that the neighbor and LE have now watched all of the day before and day of (and probably the day after) Gannon's disappearance. ABC World news showed a few stills of Gannon and his sister playing in the yard on Sunday (see attached image) so there is footage from Sunday as well.

The quality of the camera footage is actually far better than what news media outlets are showing. I saw a shot that the neighbor had up on his TV in High Def on one of the news casts (I can't find it now) but it was very clear. I believe they could see exactly what was going on and who was / wasn't there. I also think they could see what SM was carrying in and out. As well as when the older daughter came and went.
They also had the advantage of sound.

The camera that Fox31 showed attached to the house lastnight is the type that moves toward motion or sound. So it's not permanently angled toward the Stauch home. It simply moved that direction when there was movement. Mine does the same thing and it was under $100.

All that to say that if Gannon had returned to that house at all after 10:13am on Monday I'm near certain that they would know. With LE saying they aren't disputing the neighbors claims that he has "the last sighting of Gannon" I'm comfortable assuming that after 10:13a he isn't seen at or walking away from the front of that house at all. That's not to say he couldn't have left out of the back of the house (my kids do, often and cut through yards to friends houses)

However, I also believe the neighbors claims that Gannon appeared "sluggish" as if "he might have been drugged".
MOO I don't see SM bending over to pick up something that dropped. I see her helping Gannon into the truck. Unless he was injured or under the influence of something she wouldn't have had to help him at his age. I find that part very "off" and evidence that something was wrong with Gannon.
Good post. I think she helped Gannon into the truck, too. I think the bending motion is actually her lifting his feet/legs into the truck. (I’m picturing him sitting sideways on the seat with his legs down/outside. She kind of lifts/turns them so the door can be closed.). This would also indicate an incapacited state for Gannon; drugs, injuries? I wonder if she might have given him sleeping pills and she led him out when he started getting drowsy.

Yes. I’m sure that’s what they’re working on. I also think the profilers know what they’re doing. That last statement may be mean to generate more info from someone reluctant to talk.
I can’t help but remember the days and weeks following Kyron Hormans disappearance and TH got away with it IMO let’s hope they are finding evidence and we have an arrest soon
JMO

I was thinking the same thing! When my kids are home sick from school they are not allowed to go anywhere. It seems odd to me. I haven't seen anyone talk about this...
Many were discussing it here in the first few days. When I started following that's what the discussion was about.

It was just one of the many parts of the story that just didn't add up.

Now we know the stepmother was lying about other important things so no-one has mentioned it in awhile.

Imo

Idk, I live in a very nice neighborhood/suburb with very little crime. Every other house has a camera. It's just the thing to do these days it seems so I would not equate it to bars on a window.
Agreed. When we are on vacation, we are notified when we receive packages, or someone knocks on the door. We can communicate with people through the camera even if we are in another state, and I can call my son to have him come over and take packages in the house while we are away... For many people, it's not just security, it's also convenience and a handy tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288