Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have such great respect for this investigative team - keeping as much information as possible under wraps, in order to build a solid case.

This must be difficult for each of the individuals working on this team because they have children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews.

Their tireless dedication, commitment and compassion towards finding Gannon is outstanding.

Unfortunately though, that’s pretty standard language. They’d say that even if they didn’t believe Gannon was alive.

This shouldn’t give anyone hope that Gannon will in fact be walking through that door.

They will maintain this stance until they have his body.
EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. We see this - they will always state that their goal is to bring the child home safely, and/or that they have 'no reason to believe that the child is not alive' until they have conclusive hard evidence to the contrary.

It's been too long, too cold, and too many conflicting stories from SM for Gannon to be alive, IMO.

Question: Is this a criminal investigation? Dan May: “We’re just part of the task force. It’s pretty routine”
Question: Are you filing any charges at this time? Dan May “again we’re just part of the task force. This is with the sheriffs office.

Brandon Thompson on Twitter

If I've said it once, I've said it a 100 times:

I would not want to play poker with this man.

Or chess, for that matter.

He's obviously keeping his powder dry.

Saving it for his opening salvo.

JMO.

District Attorney visits house where Gannon Stauch was last seen - KRDO

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- The El Paso County Sheriff's Office hasn't announced any criminal investigation into the disappearance of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, but District Attorney Dan May made a visit to the house in Lorson Ranch Wednesday where the child was last seen.
Continued at link
Wow that went up fast. From the link:

Amid the investigation, the Colorado Springs Police Metro Crime Lab has been at the Stauch home to collect evidence. The sheriff's office insists that the Metro Crime Lab is used even in non-criminal cases because they're best equipped to investigate and find evidence in these types of cases.

The presence of District Attorney Dan May at the home on Wednesday raises questions about a possible criminal investigation -- no explanation had been given for his visit. We've reached out to the DA's office for comment.
District Attorney visits house where Gannon Stauch was last seen - KRDO

IMO the Sheriff's office is adamant about playing down possible criminal actions but it's not like everyone following Gannon's case is still thinking he ran away. I guess they have to keep it low so as not to give an impression that LE is only focused on one person or one scenario. MOO.

I think that would be included in a search warrant, which would require a judge to sign off on it.

I think this dad is like most parents in this situation, and wouldn’t have an issue with that anyways.

“Do what you have to do. Just find my son.”

I don’t know Colorado law at all. It is a rental. Here that means landlord gives the ok for anyone to inspect, etc. I am wondering how that works in Colorado? I gather for trial, a search warrant is prudent? Necessary?

OT...I have always had mixed feelings about the guilt of Terri Horman, unlike most, but in any event, she has managed to evade/avoid arrest for a decade in Kyron’s disappearance. The cases seem similar to me, though in Kyron’s case, he WAS seen at the last place she said she had seen him..and was NOT seen leaving with him (apparently.) Also, LE keeps searching in areas near the school, as though he may indeed have wandered off.

So to me, the guilt seems even more obvious in this case...i.e no one saw Gannon after she says she did and she was seen taking him away someplace though she never mentioned it. I think she should have been charged with obstruction at the very least by now, as I do not believe she is likely to talk either way. But not sure how long that would keep her in jail...anyway, just kind of thinking out loud.

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 1 week; family releases statement

11 News is honoring the El Paso County Sheriff's Office's request not to show the video or discuss details about the video that cannot be confirmed by the sheriff's office.

"This video may be a big part of the investigation," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the sheriff's office. "... We hope it will not jeopardize the investigation, but the reason we asked [media[ not to [air the video] was because there is potential for that."

The surveillance shows a driver and passenger getting into a truck the day Gannon went missing. The truck leaves and returns a few hours later, around 2:30 p.m. Only one person gets out.

It's unknown if there are any other clips of the truck captured on surveillance that same day. Mynatt encouraged neighbors to go through their own videos.

"If you do have those video cameras and you live in that neighborhood, we absolutely ask that you look through those, and I know that some of them are timed out. You know, seven-day captures and things like that, so it might not just be a thing to focus on Monday, focus on the days prior. Anything, any bit of information, is very valuable to this case and to provide that to us."

More at link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member