Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot Well-Known Member

Duckface is what the puckered lips look for a photo is commonly called.

Stargazer34, NoSI, catch_22 and 6 others like this.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Yeah. The question is if Gannon’s phone sent any texts, as opposed to if Gannon himself sent any.

Missing children can’t send texts, or perform oddly convenient Google searches.

3. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

Oh, I know about duckface.
    But I also know @MassGuy.
    Which is why I strongly suspect a missed keystroke there.

JMO.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  4. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

I understand that. The question was Where did the info come from; FB comments, MSM, where? The point I am making is it was on the flyer. JMOO I don’t have FB. I saw it on the flyer. MOO

5. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

I suggest the media thread for factual information in an organized fashion. See page one of this thread.
    CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020*MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE*

6. PrayingForMissing

PrayingForMissing Well-Known Member

She went from full face, front and center, huge on the "missing child" flyer.....to "you can only look at the back of my head during this interview" pretty quickly. I don't think it went like she thought it was gonna go..... IMO

7. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Do we know how SM's previous husband died? I read upthread about how her daughter lost her father - do we know when that happened and any other info?

jmo

8. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

Ha! Yeah, there's that.... I can't find anything, anywhere - even on those nasty SM sites.

9. jade32

jade32 Well-Known Member

Maybe "someone" texted from phone and put the weird search on google these to make it look like he ran away. In my opinion it looks "stages".

10. Inthedetails

I had the same reaction. I don't think I've ever seen a missing person flyer that included people other than the missing person before.

Strange.

jmo

11. CurlyQ

CurlyQ Well-Known Member

Took a late lunch and went for a 2.5 mile walk - it's 35 degrees out in northern IL - I was pretty chilly with a hat and layers. I'm feeling even more sorrowful that poor Gannon is most likely somewhere alone and in the cold :(

12. Inthedetails

Replying to myself....maybe including SM on the missing-person flyer was to nudge people's memories who might have seen the two together recently?

IDK.

jmo

lonetraveler, TRB, catch_22 and 9 others like this.
  13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, from my experience with CPS and at-risk kids in PA and NY, to get a Protection from Abuse Order or a Restraining Order you must prove to a judge that there was significant abuse or threats to a person's life or safety. (it's actually pretty hard to get unless you can prove the person's life is in immediate danger)

So her daughter or someone representing her would have to fill out the necessary paperwork to obtain a protection order from her mother. Then LE would arrest her and they would have to go to court to get the Restraining Order.

But I doubt that would even be an issue in this case. CPS would not be involved unless they got a report of abuse. Then they would have to conduct an investigation which can take up to a month or more, then file charges in court if they have enough evidence.

Imo

14. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

I totally agree! I believe the search was there and that helped buy some time with the runaway classification in the beginning.

Lavender Moon, abr, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  15. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

Aniah Blanchard's friend got roasted for constantly putting out photos of herself and Aniah on Twitter when they were trying to find Aniah. It didn't go over well. Only other time I've seen that.

16. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

I’ve never seen it either. It was so odd when I first saw it. Then I watched TS interview...wasn’t strange at all to me after that, IYKWIM? MOO

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Maybe he was in denial, then. Jmo

Cortne and GordianKnot like this.
  18. KrisCo16

KrisCo16 Well-Known Member

FWIW: I totally agree with this, and it’s amazing how much more involved family-from-afar can be involved in children’s’ lives. My partner travels a lot for work, and often works late hours. He’s an extremely hands-on and amazing parent; however, I’m with our children most of the time - school runs, pack lunches, after-school activities, homework, dinner, bed time, etc. Whether either of us likes the term, I’m the default parent. And he relies on me to guide many of our parenting decisions, and sometimes feels the need to ask permission from me to do things his way so as to not disrupt routine (he doesn’t have to ask permission, BTW, we’re definitely a team). So IF AS was not physically present a lot due to work obligations, I do think it’s entirely possible he relied on LS to set the family tone and guide the parenting in that house.

19. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

We have no idea where exactly law enforcement is on this, but their actions are telling.

Crime scene personnel have spent hours at that house, and the DA was there a couple days ago.

A neighbor’s security camera captured Gannon leaving with his stepmother, and never returning to the house. This effectively destroyed the timeline she provided.

They are playing this very close to the vest, and have yet to name anyone a suspect or person of interest.

According to the stepmom (in her interview), they not only suspect a crime, but suspect her.

I think that’s one of the only true things she has said.

20. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Lol, getting the lips and the angle to look just right :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.