Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signs, blue ribbons, and blue lights show the Lorson Ranch neighborhood's unity for Gannon, but a community in South Carolina, where Gannon's family is originally from, is also coming together in support.

More than 1,600 miles away in Loris, a small town in South Carolina, complete strangers get emotional and fight back tears.

"I can't wait to meet him, and see what a great little guy he is," said Melissa Todd, a family friend organized a prayer vigil Wednesday night.

"We want to pray him home, and we want to pray him home safe," Todd said.

"When one family hurts, another family hurts," she said.

The vigil is aimed at showing the Stauch family in Colorado that there are hundreds more in South Carolina praying for Gannon's safe return.
Vigil for Gannon Stauch held in South Carolina community - KRDO

That brings up two things that two different poster said that I thought was interesting.
1. Someone said that when she was pulling forward and then stopping and then trying to back up the way that she was stopping abruptly could mean that she was reading her phone got a text so stopped abruptly, or something to that point. I thought that was interesting.
2. Another poster brought up that that truck might be stick, and that she might have had trouble pulling it forward and backing it up and then stalling it out so having to do it again.

So she was a stalling out I would venture to Guess that she quickly stopped because she got a text wanted to read it, that means she had the phone with her, or at least she was smart enough to get a burner oh, and leave hers at home.
She also went back into the garage, after G got into the black seat ....maybe she took their phones back inside, so they wouldn't ping all over town on their road trip?

Last edited:
Did they have joint physical custody? And if they did, were they exercising it? I got the impression that Gannon lived basically FT with his dad and sm for the past two years.
All I can say, hypothetically, is the kids lived with Dad during school year and with Mom in Summer and vacation time.

These are curious questions.
I have zero reason to believe the neighbor who had the surveillance video had any reason to make any of this up.
Without finding the exact quote I believe it was stated that AS was visibly upset and claimed his wife lied about when she last saw Gannon.
That to me, sounds like he thought she took the child somewhere and didn't bring him back - since the video clearly shows (apparently) her returning to the house, alone.

jmo
Yes, and if the neighbour had made it up, about Dad's reaction, I am sure AS would have corrected that already. JMO

I can't find a link for that. Do you have one, please? I heard about the handcuff/gun incident, but can't find anything that says they took the car.
They asked for the daughter's car keys and there was a warrant. So I think they were going to search the car, and they often tow the car to forensics lab to do that in a case like this.

I'm assuming if true that LH is in the military, she is either stationed somewhere else or married again (do we know if she married again?), new husband moved, and she can't do anything about that physical locale at this point in time.
Yes, she was stationed somewhere else and was married again.

Voter registration evidence shows that Gannon's biological mother previously lived in Fayetteville and Wilmington in North Carolina. His step-mother lived in South Carolina most of her life, but did stay for some time in Robeson County, Pembroke and Lumberton. His father has previously lived in North Charleston and Horry County in South Carolina.
Search intensifies for 11-year-old Colorado boy Gannon Stauch missing for more than a week

Well, since that cat is out of the bag, here is a little info about Robeson County in 2018. I don't imagine it's any better now. JMOO

'We have a huge crime problem:' Robeson County sheriff-elect talks plans for combating crime

Thousands of miles removed from a desperate search for Gannon Stauch, his grandmother Loronda Bullard joined more than 100 people in a prayer vigil in downtown Loris Wednesday evening.

Bullard’s daughter, Landon Hiott, has been in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area for more than a week now, arriving as soon as she could after son was reported missing on Jan. 27.

Family and friends, most from Harvest Baptist Church and Crossway Baptist Church, heard Crossway Pastor Tommy Shelley pray with Gannon’s loved ones who were present, and pray for the 11 year-old boy’s safe return.

Shelley said he has given support to Gannon’s grandparents, Mack and Loronda Bullard. Mack Bullard, Shelley said, described the pre-teen as “my buddy, my hero.”

“We just pray You will bring Gannon home to us,” Shelley prayed.

Timmy and Melissa Todd, who helped organize the vigil, said they know the grandparents well because Mack Bullard is a frequent customer at the NAPA store Timmy Todd manages in Loris.

“We know his grandparents and felt in our hearts it was the right thing to do,” Melissa Todd said. “Loris is a tight-knit community and we all try to help one-another.”

Because blue is Gannon’s favorite color, many wore blue to the vigil in homage to the boy.
Vigil for Gannon unites community; dive teams join search

"We've learned his process is to be very thorough and complete before he charges, if there are any charges at all that come," Corsentino said.

"They'll say that they were at a certain location at a certain time and that information is disproved through the investigation," he said.

“Sometimes a crime lab would show up to show that there was no crime, because of the fact that they're doing a comprehensive sweep of the house and there are no indicators," he said. "The antithesis of that is that there is some reasonable suspicion to believe some evidentiary finding could be in the house."
Private investigator breaks down Gannon Stauch case - KRDO

The searches near Lorson Ranch have been in response to recommendations from the public and as a result of detectives following leads, Kirby said.

She didn’t offer any further context about the tips or why the water searches were necessary.
“It’s is a big, large puzzle and we’re trying to put the pieces together,” Mynatt said.

In response to requests from the El Paso sheriff’s office, deputies from Fremont and Douglas counties have sent out search and rescue teams to look for Gannon in certain areas based on tips, Mynatt said.

The National Guard and the FBI are collaborating in the search for the boy, she said.
Gannon Stauch case: Officials using sonar to search water for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy – Canon City Daily Record

The searches near Lorson Ranch have been in response to recommendations from the public and as a result of detectives following leads, Kirby said.

She didn’t offer any further context about the tips or why the water searches were necessary.
“It’s is a big, large puzzle and we’re trying to put the pieces together,” Mynatt said.

In response to requests from the El Paso sheriff’s office, deputies from Fremont and Douglas counties have sent out search and rescue teams to look for Gannon in certain areas based on tips, Mynatt said.

The National Guard and the FBI are collaborating in the search for the boy, she said.
Gannon Stauch case: Officials using sonar to search water for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy – Canon City Daily Record

Common sense tells you that SAR's purpose is to find the subject. The science of SAR is also frequently used to find where the subject is NOT. In a case like this, or Aliayah Lunsford, or many others that we've all followed here, a custodial adult will report a wander off. Given no other leads, SAR might be called in to map, segment and search every possible area where search science would show a subject of that category statistically likely to go. As those areas are checked and cleared, LE would then go back to the reporting party and say, "Look, these are all the places the kid could have gone, and we've combed those areas, found no kid, no evidence, no footprints, no footage, no indications the kid was ever there. Why don't you tell us what really happened?"

Last edited:
Check out the stills from the initial interview DR gave, I notice 2 vehicles, looks like vehicles are being shuffled. Vehicle pulled out of the driveway, AS’s truck is 1st parked on the street then backed into the driveway, then leaves. I mulled over those stills most of the night bc I couldn’t sleep, changed the exposure etc. AS’s truck has very specific details: metal studded rims, head/tail light shapes/lights at the back of the cab, tow bar on the front. Why is there a shuffle of cars so late at night?? Then gone for a while. DR may have given the 1st interview in haste before realizing it could compromise the case, especially since LE did not want his surveillance aired, then came the day video. But I could have just wasted my time looking at all that blur, IDK pure speculation on my part. Another thought is GS got in the truck in the morning (either sun or mon) but never got back out until someone had the opp to hide him. It pains me to write these hypotheticals, there is so much unknown. Is it possible the stills are from Mon night, sure, but we don’t know of an actual date as there are no date stamps.
IMO IMO IMO
I wonder if they were shuffling vehicles because they aren't supposed to park on the street overnight? Maybe moving a car to put another one in the garage, or something?

Common sense tells you that SAR's purpose is to find the subject. The science of SAR is also frequently used to find where the subject is NOT. In a case like this, or Aliayah Lunsford, or many others that we've all followed here, a custodial adult will report a wander off. Given no other leads, SAR might be called in to map, segment and search every possible area where search science would show a subject of that category statistically likely to go. As those areas are checked and cleared, LE would then go back to the reporting party and say, "Look, these are all the places the kid could have gone, and we've combed those areas, found no kid, no evidence, no footprints, no footage, no indications the kid was ever there. Why don't you tell us what really happened?"
Just running this by people..
He was taken for a drive, died and returned to be disposed of in an area where he could physically have got to be himself, walking ?
That's not panning out.
I can understand killing in the house and disposing of him secretly in an area he could have reached on foot.
I'm not understanding using a 4hr window for the task only to dump him semi locally on way back???
I'm still only imagining being pushed fro a height into rocks or a waterbody?
Am I reading it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member