Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Australia and Gannon has been in my thoughts from day one. There's also so much going on in the background so I feel completely in the dark. Having to put faith in local LE to do this right! I must say that when the footage broke I thought we were close to some kind of resolution. A bit disheartened that it is taking so long.

I'm not on SM as I don't think it is productive. anyone can say anything and people take it as truth. I want to keep to LE and what is officially reported.

To me, it's very telling that stepmom spends her time and energy badmouthing Gannon's mother. I can't imagine an innocent person doing something like that even if they felt they were being treated unfairly. The emotions she has expressed since the beginning of this nightmare are just petty and out of place.

I have had the unfortunate displeasure of being acquainted with individuals that carry themselves the way that the stepmom does. It usually amounts to the fact that the person doing the badmouthing blames the other one for the predicament he or she is in. I have a feeling that if the stepmom did do something horrendous, in her mind it is all Gannon's mother's fault. To stepmom, if Gannon's mother was "doing her job" in the first place, none of this ever would have happened, because the kids would have been with her in South Carolina. And even if the kids were visiting Dad, it would still have been Gannon's mom's fault for "not raising them right." MOO.

Yeah, it's such a mess. I keep going back and forth in my mind thinking maybe he IS still alive since TS keeps insisting he is.

But where? And why has there been no sign of him after two weeks? And why wouldn't LE stress that they believe he is alive until they find evidence that proves otherwise like they do in other cases?

Imo

If he was alive then she could have ended this mess on day 1-2. she didn’t do that, instead she’s told numerous lies and has attempted to smear bio moms name rather than solve the problem.

Seriously why would she choose to make it harder for herself - which is worse being charged for assault/hiding a child or murder?

If he was alive then she could have ended this mess on day 1-2. she didn’t do that, instead she’s told numerous lies and has attempted to smear bio moms name rather than solve the problem.

Seriously why would she choose to make it harder for herself - which is worse being charged for assault/hiding a child or murder?
Yes, she must really think she is very clever and smarter than anyone else, even skilled investigators.

I guess she is not smart enough though, because she just keeps digging herself further and further into a hole she won't be able to get out of.

That's ok. Keep talking, Tee.

Imo

I'm just curious, I've seen several people say that the LE has not disputed the neighbors account of what happened in the video that he released to the media. The only place that I have heard or seen LE actually address the video is in the Feb 4th update with Deborah Mynatt. She didn't say anything that I would dream of interpreting that way. She repeatedly said that the video is part of the investigation and that the Sheriff's Department would not be commenting on it. A reporter pushes her to confirm or deny the neighbors account and she repeats that they won't comment on the video.
Did they subsequently confirm (or say that they don't dispute) the neighbors account?
It's been pointed out that there is no time or date stamp on the video. It is 2 short clips spliced together. The cell phone video of the actual video is very poor quality. Even the wide variation in what people commenting here swear to see or not see is a testament to how poor the quality is. I'm sure the original is much more clear and LE has a way better idea of the significance than the public does, but they aren't commenting as far as I can tell.
I wonder if it's distracting placing so much significance on the video until we know more about it.
I also have a really hard time fathoming the fact that neighbor went to the media against the urging of LE. Why would he do that?
It seems like this little guy has had a really tricky and complicated life but he still just seems to embody joy and innocence in every image I see of him. He reminds me of my son and my heart just aches for him. I'm really hoping that he comes home safe. We know so little at this point, I'm not ready to settle on the idea that SM drove him away and disposed of him and he's never coming back. Especially based on that video. We have no idea what SM has told LE about what they did that day prior to 3pm. I just keep reminding myself that I was sure we'd never find out what happened to Jayme Closs and she rescued herself 88 days later. She's not much older than Gannon. I'm going to hold on to hope until there's something solid

I have a feeling that was all about taunting LE, not the general public.
I often think her interview resembled the talk of an organisation more than it did an individual.
and I thought LE addressed it as such too.
That's what I heard and I referred to it as 'beast' in a previous post, meaning informing entity that thinks it's a great idea to steal and possibly murder a young child.
I felt and still do feel they were not addressing a single entity.
JMO and I could be dead wrong here.

I think the runaway theory is hard to believe because no one apparently has him on video leaving the house. I think if the police were able to show Gannon leaving his home, on his on accord, on foot - they would release that footage if for no other reason than to show what he was last seen wearing.

I also think that the police would be publicly stressing that Gannon left on foot if they thought that was even remotely a possibility at this point. Video or not.

Speculation follows...

Based on what is seen on the neighbor's video (it is assumed we see TS and GS enter vehicle, vehicle leaves, returns, only TS exits vehicle)... we must assume TS purposefully left GS somewhere. Why?

Maybe GS was 'injured' in some way (sometime before leaving in the vehicle, maybe the previous day) that maybe showed as bruising, cuts and/or burns and TS panicked and didn't want AS and LH to see so she left GS with a someone to spend time until such bruising, cuts or burns would be healed?

I could not imagine a someone wanting to be complicit in hiding a child, but I'm posting this SPECULATION only because it is possible, no matter how unlikely.

Maybe the someone was convinced to 'help', with motivation to prevent authorities from taking children away from AS and TS?

...OR...

Maybe GS exited the vehicle sometime during the trip, and TS was unable to catch up to him or follow him? If so, why wouldn't TS report such an incident?

SPECULATION ONLY.
SPECULATION ONLY.
SPECULATION ONLY.

Last edited:
I'm just curious, I've seen several people say that the LE has not disputed the neighbors account of what happened in the video that he released to the media. The only place that I have heard or seen LE actually address the video is in the Feb 4th update with Deborah Mynatt. She didn't say anything that I would dream of interpreting that way. She repeatedly said that the video is part of the investigation and that the Sheriff's Department would not be commenting on it. A reporter pushes her to confirm or deny the neighbors account and she repeats that they won't comment on the video.
Did they subsequently confirm (or say that they don't dispute) the neighbors account?
It's been pointed out that there is no time or date stamp on the video. It is 2 short clips spliced together. The cell phone video of the actual video is very poor quality. Even the wide variation in what people commenting here swear to see or not see is a testament to how poor the quality is. I'm sure the original is much more clear and LE has a way better idea of the significance than the public does, but they aren't commenting as far as I can tell.
I wonder if it's distracting placing so much significance on the video until we know more about it.
I also have a really hard time fathoming the fact that neighbor went to the media against the urging of LE. Why would he do that?
It seems like this little guy has had a really tricky and complicated life but he still just seems to embody joy and innocence in every image I see of him. He reminds me of my son and my heart just aches for him. I'm really hoping that he comes home safe. We know so little at this point, I'm not ready to settle on the idea that SM drove him away and disposed of him and he's never coming back. Especially based on that video. We have no idea what SM has told LE about what they did that day prior to 3pm. I just keep reminding myself that I was sure we'd never find out what happened to Jayme Closs and she rescued herself 88 days later. She's not much older than Gannon. I'm going to hold on to hope until there's something solid
Yes actually it was confirmed in this abc report.
A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows. The video, they caution, is only one part of the investigation.

Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

So we could discuss what the police ARE stressing...nothing. They aren't discussing the fragmented video we have seen. They aren't discussing the gaps in the video. They aren't discussing the other videos they might have. Point is, if I was afraid of going home to face consequences maybe I would jump out of the car at a stop sign...actually, 35 years ago I had a messy mixed homelife and did exactly that. I ran down Sand Creek (your google maps enthusiasts can figure out it runs very close to this location) but it was summer and I went home when it got cold.

True, LE isn't discussing anything. I take that to mean they are keeping things close to the vest which is wise on their part. I can't get on board with a run away theory for a number of reasons but the reasons that stick out the most are; Gannon's been gone for two weeks, It's the dead of winter unfortunately, not summer. JMO

Last edited:
So we could discuss what the police ARE stressing...nothing. They aren't discussing the fragmented video we have seen. They aren't discussing the gaps in the video. They aren't discussing the other videos they might have. Point is, if I was afraid of going home to face consequences maybe I would jump out of the car at a stop sign...actually, 35 years ago I had a messy mixed homelife and did exactly that. I ran down Sand Creek (your google maps enthusiasts can figure out it runs very close to this location) but it was summer and I went home when it got cold.

they aren’t stressing for people to be on the lookout for Gannon. They are investigating and searching.

If LS had claimed he jumped out of the car, then maybe I would believe that. But she says he left the house to go to a friend’s house. So I just don’t think that’s a possibility because if it were, I believe the police would be stressing that Gannon left on foot and the public needs to BOLO.

Rest assured there are time stamps. That video came from a centralized security system, not just a personal do-it-yourself camera setup. The video is captured and stores on the Xfinity (Comcast) servers, is synced to the cable box/cable modem which is based on an Internet time server which link back to GPS and other radio signals. If the time referenced on the security footage is 10am on Monday, it most likely is.

Also, the neighbor went to the media and the media decided to ask if it was OK to show the video. Some media chose not to air it, and others ignored the suggestions of LE and did it anyway.

I keep finding myself wishing this was a game of clue or an interactive murder mystery plot we used to have on our hometown dinner train. I just can’t bring myself to accept how common of an occurrence it has become to have
a) young children missing for weeks
b) self-serving supposed “adults” who think the misfortune of others is their cue to take center stage and become a star with their poor acting and their woe is me pity pot tantrums
c) the grotesque rumors and verbal abuse on social media that feeds into the dark side of humanity and truly does take critical seconds away from an investigation that is already a race against time.

I certainly realize none of these things are new. As a child, I truly believed I was alone in what I experienced. In a sense, I was ok with the loneliness and secrets I kept because it meant the people around me didn’t have to experience the evil revealed to me. I never did understand why I was singled out and I’m grateful that my abuser was temporary, not from my parents but a babysitter. Heck, I still don’t understand why I was “chosen” and I’ve spent years studying and working with psychiatric and behavioral disorders. I’m not saying GS was singled out by his SM because I don’t know how the other children were/are treated but the fact remains-he is the one that is missing.

Watching GS’s parents go through the worst nightmare of their lives is utterly heartbreaking. I pray for his safe return which minute by minute seems to be asking for a miracle. It’s a much needed breath of fresh air to see the heartfelt and sincere concern and the continuing hope of fellow posters here. I wish we could all figure out a way to keep things like this from happening but I’m so grateful to see good still exists.

I don’t have much to add regarding this case. I have my suspicions and gut wrenching predictions but I just want to say, you all give me some hope and you never know what collective energy can achieve.

All IME AND IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member