Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In trying to see both sides, I've had that thought too. She could just be a person with poor character, who had something bad happen in their life; and is responding in an impulsive, self centered way because that's just who she is. I'm just trying to put the brakes on my own rush to judgement and think this through.

Having said that, did anyone else notice she said something about losing her teaching or educator's certificate or license, because she broke her contract? You don't lose a teacher's or educator's license because you have to move, especially a military move. If she lost her license, it was for a specific reason.

Dang, I really dislike the stepmom. I can’t judge and say that I think she directly ended his life... after all, you can be innocent and still a sociopath with no regard for others.. maybe he did in fact run far away to get away from her? I do think she is indirectly, or partially to blame for whatever the reason he’s missing though... and of course that’s just my opinion!

I also want to add, that the use of slang or incorrect grammar does NOT mean someone is unintelligent, uneducated, or cognitively unsophisticated, that is a very narrow minded way to view both intelligence and communication.

I'm re-listening to it now, not only does she use his name in the past tense but she first said his name in the present tense, then reworded it. This is at 5:57 on the video. ALL IMO

I will give her the benefit of having to shop with her daughter for clothes etc due to getting harassed at her home ( by media/public probably) I get that. Saying that she was denied an attorney and that they threatened to shoot her. UMMM.
Oh yah, I forgot about that accusation that they threatened to shoot her...:rolleyes:...After hours of listening to her whining, one of them may have pulled out their service weapon and said STOP PLEASE or I will have to shoot...

I agree, the reporter did say "tell me about Gannon, because I don't know him" hence the "he likes to play video games" maybe he doesn't do much else, who knows, she did say she wouldn't talk about the "going to a friends house, which I found odd. Thank you for replying to my post though. I am not saying that she is not or is guilty, just trying to see all points.
It's always a healthy exercise in a discussion and I welcome it.
She was lecturing on the horrible social media armchair detectives and their mean little spirits and then she launches into the parents of Gannon who are suffering terribly and seen to be suffering terribly. How's that for mean ?

Exhausting. That's exactly how I felt after watching her diatribe.

I thought I was going to hear a rational explanation, and I was going to feel bad about my suspicious nature. And I sat with my jaw wide open, and shaking my head.

I want to listen again but I am exhausted...

Hi katy:)

LEO said last night during presser made statement about exhaustion. I believe it was asked about speaking with TS. In fact I'm sure it was he said they WERE EXHAUSTED.

Totally exhausting

MOO

The boy’s schoolmates are also coming together in the search for Gannon.

“I hope that we find him and that he comes home soon,” said 5th grader Riley Peterson.

On Friday, searchers in military fatigues, along with bloodhounds, spread out in the area of Colorado Springs east of Fountain.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office had received 72 tips about Gannon as of Friday evening.
Stepmother Of Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch Says She's Received 'Death Threats'

I realized I am sitting here with my mouth actually hanging open after watching that. What in the heck was she thinking? Throwing BM under the bus like that, and non-stop me me me me me me me, a little bit of Gannon in the past tense, me me me me me me me me. Annnnnnnnd some tears. Cut.

I believe that may have been the stepmom’s own personal version of The Narcissist’s Prayer. MOO.

She never stated she wanted anyone to pay for an attorney. She wanted to stop the interview and call one, which is her right. You don't have to be charged with a crime to have legal assistance -- to tell her that taped interview was a bad idea, for instance.
It is her legal right and that interview was being taped, so I highly doubt that the detectives said 'NO, you cannot speak to an attorney. 'That is illegal and they know it.

I think something is being lost in translation. They may have said, 'yes, you can call one but then this discussion is over, and you cannot tell us your side of the story now' .....or something along those lines.

Oh yah, I forgot about that accusation that they threatened to shoot her...:rolleyes:...After hours of listening to her whining, one of them may have pulled out their service weapon and said STOP PLEASE or I will have to shoot...

Personally I believe LE has demonstrated grace and restraint. I've seen nothing to believe any such ridonkulous allegations and don't believe any of it. And I don't have to either.

MOO

It is her legal right and that interview was being taped, so I highly doubt that the detectives said 'NO, you cannot speak to an attorney. 'That is illegal and they know it.

I think something is being lost in translation. They may have said, 'yes, you can call one but then this discussion is over, and you cannot tell us your side of the story now' .....or something along those lines.
Certainly not in such a high profile case.

Only my opinion...From the beginning, she had an opportunity to speak out to media for her stepchild, Gannon. At a time when Gannon could possibly have been still so close in the area. Perhaps able to prevent or retrieve Gannon from an unfortunate accident, misadventure or medical risk. At best, minimal consequences for Gannon.
Four days later. She speaks out for herself.

"Four days later. She speaks out for herself."

Personally I believe LE has demonstrated grace and restraint. I've seen nothing to believe any such ridonkulous allegations and don't believe any of it. And I don't have to either.

MOO
I don't either, LE is not going to risk a case by saying "No, you may not have an attorney, and I will shoot you" kind of behavior. don't they video interviews now anyway? I found it odd that she was complimenting the investigators and then accusing them. IMO

It's always a healthy exercise in a discussion and I welcome it.
She was lecturing on the horrible social media armchair detectives and their mean little spirits and then she launches into the parents of Gannon who are suffering terribly and seen to be suffering terribly. How's that for mean ?
RIGHT? I'm an arm chair-er.... her point?

I don't either, LE is not going to risk a case by saying "No, you may not have an attorney, and I will shoot you" kind of behavior. don't they video interviews now anyway? I found it odd that she was complimenting the investigators and then accusing them. IMO

I've never heard so many outrageous claims in such a limited format. She seems to enjoy Law & Order so perhaps dabbling in writing on the side. Many folks do. IDK

MOO

I honestly would too. Not to have the lawyer tell them I won't answer this or that question, I would be doing everything could. But just to make sure I wasn't signing something I shouldn't or somehow walking myself into a false confession. We know it happens.

I just think her interview and then the bit about the attorney added icing to the suspicion cake for everybody. There were about a million other ways she could have handled that that didn't make herself look bad. I don't know if I think she's guilty or not, I haven't formed a complete opinion. But, man, that interview did not help her in any way.
She could have said ' I love him and miss him and am doing everything I can to help investigators find him and bring him home. I can't discuss the case further but my heart goes out to Gannon and I hope we can help him get back home to his friends and family....the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong