CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gazette Telegraph, Colorado Springs newspaper stated there would be no room for the public and no cameras of any kind can be in the courtroom. They have one opening for electronic and reporting. The rest is for family and expert witnesses

EBM to add : I’ve had more coffee now and see this is your first post here, so wanted to add Welcome to Websleuths @Tomigirl65 !

That was only during Jury selection. Once a Jury is seated and both sides start presenting evidence, the Public is definitely allowed. See last paragraph -first come, first served basis. The Public can also watch via WebEx. Law and Crime Network will be broadcasting the WebEx feed on their YouTube channel.

5C332851-EB85-4471-A15C-F09B32D9E382.jpeg

Last edited:
Here for Gannon.❤

It has taken too long to get here, but I'm glad we are here at last. I lived and breathed Gannon during the early days and now I'm trying to catch up on the latest.

Is she representing herself at trial?

Please say no. This sweet boy does not deserve a clown show as the closing chapter of his story.

Here for Gannon.❤

It has taken too long to get here, but I'm glad we are here at last. I lived and breathed Gannon during the early days and now I'm trying to catch up on the latest.

Is she representing herself at trial?

Please say no. This sweet boy does not deserve a clown show as the closing chapter of his story.
Thank goodness No, she isn't representing herself but she is using the not guilty by reason of insanity as a defense. Of course we knew she'd be pulling every trick and prank in the book.

MOO

Is anyone here planning to attend the trial? Does anyone know of the limit of spectators (for lack of a better word). I joined this site for Heidi Broussard as I am from the same area as her and Gannon caught my eye because of similar circumstances with myself and I coincidentally moved to Colorado Springs so I am eager to see this monster put away. I live a few blocks from the courthouse and plan to attend as much as I can.
Hi, @itsmyworld! Thank you for sharing, and if you would like please post your experience. Would love to hear what you have to say. TIA

Quoting my own post to add info from LS's letter dated Feb 21, 2021 (see link) alluding to LS defending her biological son, protection of cruise passengers, and other prominent persons??

I've long wondered if these allegations could be tied to Rhode Island LE witnesses. (To be clear, I have no idea whether or not LS has a son or not). MOO

Stauch denies wrongdoing.

“Indeed I am innocent but I will not put myself or others in danger running the defense against my biological son when the system is letting two men run free who are involved,” she wrote on February 21. She acknowledged having “bouts of insanity, and still do,” but said she did not murder or abuse anyone.

She asserted the state was prosecuting her to save face, and claimed she was being threatened in the bathroom away from cameras to confess.

“They have far too much invested in this wrongful incarceration to admit they were/are wrong,” she wrote. “For these reasons and because my defense team is in cahoots with them, I am left with no other choice but to represent myself.”

She actually said, "biological son"?

To me, that indicates she might have planning even then to use a NGRI defense.

To each, their own.

Here to stand witness for Gannon. The torture and abuse he had to endure by the monster he trusted to keep him safe. May her name never be spoken and she rots behind bars, after this trial is over. That poor baby. If he had to actually experience it, I will not turn away from him when his story is being told.

Finally tomorrow justice for Gannon starts. This one is going to be a rough one to watch .we have heard alot of the info but not all. I hope Gannon's family can get threw this and have alot of support and counseling.at the end I hope Leticia is locked away without a chance of parole. Jmoo

I wonder if we are going to be seeing dramatics from Leticia the first day of trial. I'm wondering if she will be in the courtroom or hiding in a cell at the courthouse unable to face people. I can't see her sitting quietly as everyone is hearing of her evilness jmoo

Not a lot of information being reported right now. Am sure that will all change once trial begins. Reposting as Justice for Gannon is long overdue!!!

NEW TRIAL: Colorado stepmom charged w/murder of stepson. #LeteciaStauch is accused of killing #GannonStauch in Jan. 2020. Two months later the remains of the 11-year-old were found stuffed in a suitcase, thrown off the side of the road in Florida. Openings Mon afternoon.

I think we're agreeing. You say you do not believe Al did NOT know and I don't think so either. I think he knew that she used corporal punishment on the kids, esp. Gannon.

I never said Tee was skilled, I said she was insane, defective, lacked character and abused the children. None of those are "skills" from my POV.

I never said she was smart. I am well aware and was likely the first to post the evidence that she went to a degree mill, lost job after job, etc. I know what a university is and isn't and have posted about it many times in re: Letecia Stauch. I think I was saying this even before Gannon was found.

I have no clue how you read my post that way.

Who in the world is making excuses for LS? It can't be very many people or I wouldn't be stopping by this thread. Those of us who have been here from the beginning do NOT make excuses for her, and WSers in general do not, either. IMO. I don't see how that's a tragedy, really. People can be soft-hearted, or evil-minded, neither is a tragedy. Most people still don't murder children. THAT is the tragedy, not whether or not people believe in evil or LS's craziness.

I personally don't like being told off, and pretty much take the approach of expressing myself calmly and moving on.

And excommunicating people from my life has never stirred a single pot. Indeed, I am pretty sure the characters in my own life simply assume I'm quite a busy person, with a full time job and a consulting business, and besides, I'm a hermit. But I do not allow any more crazy people close to me - not even on FB (which I frequent about once a month).

Excommunicating people is a way of setting boundaries. I believe the research shows that the ONLY thing that a family member can do with such people is to go low contact or no contact. It makes them less manipulative, as they can't play people against each other, as they do. Telling people off is what causes the high feelings and the drama, IMO.

Even better if the person is behind bars and the rest of us can walk free. I work in mental health research and I have my views on her Dx, but I'm not sharing them right now. OTOH, I am not sure we have a clear category to put her in and the Dx you suggest doesn't even begin to cover the bases, IMO.

MOO.
If I recall correctly, you directly said T was smart? Most of my comment was a generalized statement and not directed toward just you. Nobody here is sticking up for T, I just meant SOME may indeed view her as insane but I don't think she is. And she's a dumb criminal, too. Wasn't trying to "tell you off".

If I recall correctly, you directly said T was smart? Most of my comment was a generalized statement and not directed toward just you. Nobody here is sticking up for T, I just meant SOME may indeed view her as insane but I don't think she is. And she's a dumb criminal, too. Wasn't trying to "tell you off".

I searched both this entire thread and my own activity posts and can't find any such post. Do you have me confused with someone else? I might have said she isn't stupid (she appears to be of average intelligence).

I was just curious who was arguing that she isn't manipulative, and that she's somehow well-educated, as I haven't seen that argued here for a very long time.

She definitely thinks she's smart, but she seems to be the only one. That time she wrote to another inmate to organize escape plans shows that she can form plans and sentences, but seems to be delusional (perhaps grandiose) about her own abilities, from my perspective.

At any rate, I do not believe that I ever said she was smart or intelligent (but like most sociopaths, she's probably above average in intelligence - not smart enough to pull of her crimes or to have insight into the minds of others, but smart enough to write in paragraphs and to make some basic logical connections).

She's not legally insane and she's not as smart as she says she is, and I agree with you about her education. If someone else can find a post where I said Tee was smart, I must have been sleep-deprived or left out a word, because I think the opposite.

IMO.

I searched both this entire thread and my own activity posts and can't find any such post. Do you have me confused with someone else? I might have said she isn't stupid (she appears to be of average intelligence).

I was just curious who was arguing that she isn't manipulative, and that she's somehow well-educated, as I haven't seen that argued here for a very long time.

She definitely thinks she's smart, but she seems to be the only one. That time she wrote to another inmate to organize escape plans shows that she can form plans and sentences, but seems to be delusional (perhaps grandiose) about her own abilities, from my perspective.

At any rate, I do not believe that I ever said she was smart or intelligent (but like most sociopaths, she's probably above average in intelligence - not smart enough to pull of her crimes or to have insight into the minds of others, but smart enough to write in paragraphs and to make some basic logical connections).

She's not legally insane and she's not as smart as she says she is, and I agree with you about her education. If someone else can find a post where I said Tee was smart, I must have been sleep-deprived or left out a word, because I think the opposite.

IMO.

I remember the post, if you follow the quoted post back you will find it. I think it may have been a typo and you meant to say she isn't smart though. I was confused when I read it at first but quickly figured it for a typo, mostly because no-one who has followed this case (as I know you have) could ever describe Letecia Sauch as smart!. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie