CO CO - Garfield Co, WhtMale 35-65, 789UMCO, skeletal in tent, Sep'04

After only 5 years of constanlty staring at this letter I feel as though I have definitely deciphered the first page of the letter. Started when I realized that the bottom line was "anybody discovers me"

Attachments

• ANYBODY DISCOVERS ME.png
    ANYBODY DISCOVERS ME.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 82
  • FINAL SOLUTION.png
    FINAL SOLUTION.png
    1,005 KB · Views: 85
I was looking the UID up in NamUs. There are still the same 23 exclusions and Mark Husk is not one of them. But I noticed there is another UID, just a skull, found in July 2003 a few miles away between Rifle and Silt on the Colorado River. I think this would be downstrem or downhill from Flat Top JD's camp. There was speculation earlier in this thread that FTJD may have had a companion, given the 2 cups and 3 canteens. The skull is identified as male so seems less likely it belonged to "Lib", but could it be related? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I didn't see a WS thread for this second UID.

I was looking the UID up in NamUs. There are still the same 23 exclusions and Mark Husk is not one of them. But I noticed there is another UID, just a skull, found in July 2003 a few miles away between Rifle and Silt on the Colorado River. I think this would be downstrem or downhill from Flat Top JD's camp. There was speculation earlier in this thread that FTJD may have had a companion, given the 2 cups and 3 canteens. The skull is identified as male so seems less likely it belonged to "Lib", but could it be related? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I didn't see a WS thread for this second UID.

I'm not really sure about this, judging by the note i believe he may have committed suicide. It would be very odd to bring a companion along for that.

After only 5 years of constanlty staring at this letter I feel as though I have definitely deciphered the first page of the letter. Started when I realized that the bottom line was "anybody discovers me"
That is incredible. This summer I plan on visiting the discovery sites of all the Does in Colorado, I'll be sure to document this one well.

"Reka" means "river" in Russian. As far as I know there is no river with that name in Western Ukraine. The way it is written on the first page it doesn't look like Russian/Ukrainian reference to me.
There is also Angoy in Severobaikalskiy District of Russia. OR Angoy, Callao, Peru.

Leonard Lawrence Rader Jr.​

Definitely some similarities, but I wonder if he had any connections to Colorado? If he wanted to commit suicide in the woods there are plenty of remote wooded areas in Wisconsin.

Are you local to CO?
Yes, the Springs..I Love it! But there's a lot of creepy places, the abandoned bridges, old railroad trestles, drainage tunnels, lots of hidden places, places I want to explore..lol. There's a lot of history here, too.

That is incredible. This summer I plan on visiting the discovery sites of all the Does in Colorado, I'll be sure to document this one well.
I thought I read a news article that said up to 75 to 200 Does unidentified..I'm not really sure, tho. I need to research more...

Yes, the Springs..I Love it! But there's a lot of creepy places, the abandoned bridges, old railroad trestles, drainage tunnels, lots of hidden places, places I want to explore..lol. There's a lot of history here, too.
I'm up north in Larimer County. There are 93 cases in Colorado in NAMUS, but I know Weld County has at least 5 that aren't in NAMUS and who knows how many in Denver Co, Jefferson Co, El Paso, etc.

I'm up north in Larimer County. There are 93 cases in Colorado in NAMUS, but I know Weld County has at least 5 that aren't in NAMUS and who knows how many in Denver Co, Jefferson Co, El Paso, etc.
Hey, thanks for the info. I have visited Ft. Collins, big college town. I wonder why an unidentified body would not be in Namus? Hmmm. I really Hope that's not a stupid question. I will look it up, lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back