CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

Spreul thought #theatershooting was prank, tried to watch movie @DenverChannel

Witness Derick Spruel said he was sitting in the fourth row of the stadium seating area between his wife and Jesse Childress.

Witness Derick Spruel said he had to fire M-16s and AR-15s in the military.

I wasn't able to listen to Caleb. I guess I'll have to go back later and listen to those I missed.
You would Hope JH would be feeling something here but... I doubt he is.

Witness Derick Spruel: "I remember seeing... Jesse getting up... and then he went towards me and fell down."

Witness Derick Spruel: "I just (pause) remember being really scared... once I identified the [sound of the] AR I was pretty sure someone was going to walk through the aisles."

Likes0

anica.padilla

Witness Derick Spruel: "Once the gunfire started back up we all stopped... I remember hearing someone... telling people to run. We could hear a lot of screams, people yelling people's names."

Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

Spruel: "I believe I heard three types of weapons," during #theatershooting @DenverChannel and saw flashes.

AuroraShootingTrial
@Aurora_Sentinel

Holmes' parents sitting quietly with Arlene Holmes taking notes in a small notepad. #theatershooting

Witness Derick Spruel: "We stayed there on the floor, I remember thinking I was looking back towards the aisle and thinking to myself 'If someone comes up that aisle I have to do something. Or I'm going to die.'"

Witness Derick Spruel: "I seen Jesse laying there. I started yelling his name. I shook him. I tried to pick him up. I couldn't pick him up."

Likes0

saw bodies lying around on way to exit when told to get out.....
yelling jesse jesse!! could not pick him up, wanted him to come out with them......... :(

Witness Derick Spruel: "I was yelling his name, 'Jesse! Jesse!' and shaking him... I wanted him to come out with us."

Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

Spruel said he yelled out his friend Jesse Childress' name, tried to pick him up after #theatershooting @DenverChannel

outside saw a lot of chaos......police were awesome.....wanted him to check himself, blood all over the pavement, saw an auto rifle on the ground........police were awesome, says again.....

Witness Derick Spruel on what he saw outside the theater: "I saw Aurora Police being awesome. They were in charge."

Likes0

took us to gym and took our statements.........

Witness Derick Spruel: "They sent four people... to notify me what happened to Jesse."

Defense objected to questioning whether the witness attended funeral services for Jesse Childress.

Judge Samour sustained the objection.

Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

Spruel being released. #theatershooting @DenverChannel

no questions from jury btw...........

next witness is his wife chi chi (guessed on spelling)

she's a personal banker, at the time a retail banker........wife of darryl spruel

Witness Chi Chi Spruel called to the stand. She was with Jesse Childress, who died in the shooting.

LMAO @ Chichi calling her husband a "geek". Laughter in court room.

On why she went to the movie theater, witness Chi Chi Spruel laughed and said "Because my husband's friends are geeks."

Defense objects to her diagram of where she was seated. ???

Says it will be self explanatory as to why.

Weird!

Witness Chi Chi Spruel said she looked for 4 seats together that weren't "too close to the screen."

Anica Padilla
@AnicaPadilla

Asked why she went to the movie theater, witness Chi Chi Spruel laughed and said "Because my husband's friends are geeks."#theatershooting *queenie note: it was cute :)

omg that white noise blows my ears (wearing headphones):scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member