CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated ealier that there is no agreement on how to do volumetry on the amygdala--inaccuracy of borders and variations among the population. She did use the MRI as a diagnostic tool. She testified that his amygdala, hippocampus and another areas were smaller than normal and this supported her diagnosis of schizophrenia. Also a drop in IQ from 123 to 117 is insignificant and could be due to inherent error in the test. If he went from 123 to 100 that could be significant.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 11s12 seconds ago
Jury watches video of JH exchange with Dr. Reid while Gur is on witness stand. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 15s15 seconds ago
Dr. Gur agrees with King that Dr. Reid offered "suggested" answers numerous times in talk with JH. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 15s15 seconds ago
JH on video: "I never told anyone I was angry." This is the "hating broccoli" discussion. #theatershooting

I love broccoli. And Brauchler :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 12s12 seconds ago
Gur says the "consistency of the content" is what's most important to note for a psychiatrist. #theatershooting

I just looked up synonym's for both Indifferent and impersonal..and guess what..many words in both appear to represent the same attitude...

King must think the jury is ignorant and won't get it..He (Reid) also asked if JH would agree or not?? and of course King didn't bother to mention that JH agreed with that alternate word for it..

I can not wait until Dr Gur Is off the stand. At least I know I won't have to see her tomorrow. My husband said "I'm getting out of here if I have to listen to her" when I put the trial on. I had to put on the headphones lol. I can't take much more of her.

Very tired with this voice. After today, will never have to listen to it ever again.

This is about the only thing I agree with Dr. Gur about..That many mentally ill stop taking medications and not self report it to professional..Due to feeling better and not liking the side affects. After that..she went too far in her pontifications..

JH stopped taking meds because it wasn't working fast enough..not because of side affects and obviously NOT because he was feeling better..:scared:

I just looked up synonym's for both Indifferent and impersonal..and guess what..many words in both appear to represent the same attitude...

King must think the jury is ignorant and won't get it..He (Reid) also asked if JH would agree or not?? and of course King didn't bother to mention that JH agreed with that alternate word for it..

IMO, it's a concern for me that NONE of the defense are too bright. Things they object to doesn't make sense, etc. Do they want the court to believe they are 'inefficient council' for an appeal? Or what?
I've seen some very, very good defense attys. in action, so much that sometimes, I can see a reasonable doubt even tho I have a bias against the defendant. But, this team? I don't know.

TaRhonda Thomas ‏@TaRhondaThomas 31s31 seconds ago
Judge in Aurora Theater trial says defense can't show 5-hour video of suspect saying he's afraid of "shadows." Inadmissible evidence. #9NEWS

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 21s22 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Fur says JH seeked treatment. Takes meds to this day and say they help.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 11s11 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Gur - when a person doesn’t have delusions and listens to it, it’s overwhelming to hear and see how it incapacitates

OK, she can't say that he's compliant in taking meds? We know prisoners hid or 'fake' taking meds.
My juror question- How can you be certain he's compliant in taking meds?

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 7s7 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Gur says that JH didn’t choose his delusions. He found them distasteful. He made every effort to not have thoughts.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 9s10 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Gur says that JH was able to suppress delusions but mission overcame desire to get well. Its part of psychotic process

IMO, it's a concern for me that NONE of the defense are too bright. Things they object to doesn't make sense, etc. Do they want the court to believe they are 'inefficient council' for an appeal? Or what?
I've seen some very, very good defense attys. in action, so much that sometimes, I can see a reasonable doubt even tho I have a bias against the defendant. But, this team? I don't know.

The problem for this defence is their client admitted everything right after the mass murder..The defence's only option was to create an Insanity Defence and couldn't find reputable professional (board certified) to agree..THEY knew they would ruin their reputation..Not worth it!! They must have found Gur under the last rock they turned over..LOL

As for constant objections..It's soley used to stop the bleeding..King is not incompetent..Just knows HIS witness was exploding in front of him..:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine