CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard that from her. From what I can put together, the differences between the two become larger & larger as the individuals grow up & older -- that was one of the observances which helped her differentiate for a diagnosis.

Thank you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did she really say that nobody knows she's there except her family....not even the media?

Lol!! Doesn't she know she is on video all over the Internet?!

I am sorry but the younger schizophrenics I worked with could not have carried this out during a full psychotic episode. The intricate planning--heck most of them would have blown themselves up just setting one incendiary device in the apartment- His home wiring was very intricate--what did it take--2 days to defuse the place. Throwing a "smoke bomb" before shooting to confuse people--also it would burn the victim's eyes and further limit their vision and ability to get away..That's not a psychotic episode. It's cold methodical plan by an unfeeling killer. And, yes I want to see this kind of evil get the DP.
That's my rant of the year. IMHO.

I dont mean to make fun of anyone's religion or anything but it almost sounds like when a kitten is ready to be delivered to its customers. :)

It's a very old tradition -- can be done anywhere, but it is often done in the synagogue. Usually, the mother brings the baby in, the grandfather holds him on his lap through the service. The grandfather explains why the baby has been given a particular Hebrew name (I guess like R.Catholics when they pick a saint name for themselves, maybe.) Very traditional stuff. Then the boy is recognized to come into the law, etc., etc. Then there is a time of happiness and being together. It's a pretty big deal.

I am sorry but the younger schizophrenics I worked with could not have carried this out during a full psychotic episode. The intricate planning--heck most of them would have blown themselves up just setting one incendiary device in the apartment- His home wiring was very intricate--what did it take--2 days to defuse the place. Throwing a "smoke bomb" before shooting to confuse people--also it would burn the victim's eyes and further limit their vision and ability to get away..That's not a psychotic episode. It's cold methodical plan by an unfeeling killer. And, yes I want to see this kind of evil get the DP.

THANKS! This is an important post! Thank you! Wow, see...

Bye Bye now!!! Guess I got lucky, I finally have time to log on and it was right when she was being released. ;)

In a KISS scenerio..This women is ranting about things about Schizophrenia patients ..and suggest JH is a "Higher level" therefore according to her..Is quite capable to planning and use his executive brain to move forward with his mission..His delusion FORCED him to complete the mission..He's special case due to high IQ..But his brain shrunk..She's laughable really!!

I agree with you about psychotic schizophrenic patients when in that mindset..have no clue on the reality of the world around them let alone people who are in front of them and unable to figure out how they fit into their mind delusions at that time..

It's a very old tradition -- can be done anywhere, but it is often done in the synagogue. Usually, the mother brings the baby in, the grandfather holds him on his lap through the service. The grandfather explains why the baby has been given a particular Hebrew name (I guess like R.Catholics when they pick a saint name for themselves, maybe.) Very traditional stuff. Then the boy is recognized to come into the law, etc., etc. Then there is a time of happiness and being together. It's a pretty big deal.

Thanks. That does help to understand.

Did she just say goodbye to JH?!

I'm surprised that she didn't blow jimmy a kiss on her way out! Good riddance, doc!

This Dr has a responsibility to be honest about schizophrenia. It's a serious illness. If she isn't telling the truth on the stand or skirting around issues she is not a good person in my opinion!

Tunnel vision on her part. Certainly more understanding of mental illness still needs to be done and it prolly is "behind" other types of illnesses as far as what the professionals know, and this has been her flag & standard for many years. Unfortunately for her & her retinue and the patients she serves, she is Johnny-One-Note on this illness -- yes it's serious & we have a lot of such people wandering our streets homeless. But, she is not the only professional who knows a lot about this field. Part of her on-on-and-on about this is in her basic personality, I think -- she would be the same way on sugar substitutes, I'm guessing. Bull in a china shop. I wonder how she is at home with the grandbabies?? <shudder>

And the Terror of Tedium has left the building!!!!!

Tunnel vision on her part. Certainly more understanding of mental illness still needs to be done and it prolly is "behind" other types of illnesses as far as what the professionals know, and this has been her flag & standard for many years. Unfortunately for her & her retinue and the patients she serves, she is Johnny-One-Note on this illness -- yes it's serious & we have a lot of such people wandering our streets homeless. But, she is not the only professional who knows a lot about this field. Part of her on-on-and-on about this is in her basic personality, I think -- she would be the same way on sugar substitutes, I'm guessing. Bull in a china shop. I wonder how she is at home with the grandbabies?? <shudder>

And the Terror of Tedium has left the building!!!!!

I can't imagine her with her grandchildren. I wonder if she is constantly evaluating her family!

Judge is going to speak to JH after this 15 minute break?

Wow judge is saying he reviewed a statute that when the jury deliberates the alternates need to be sequestered. He is interpreting it as keeping them in the courthouse away from the jury members that are active.

Starting at 11:15 on Tuesday? Is that what he just said?

Curtis advisement after 10 min. break!

Judge is going to speak to JH after this 15 minute break?

Yes I think he called it a Curtis? instruction? Don't quote me on that. LOL That's what I think I heard.

Ohhhh after a quick break..they will be addressing Jh to ask IF he understand's his right to testify...Bet?? He'll say yes he understands and NO he will NOT be taking the stand??

Closings to start 1115 Tuesday...their time..115 EDT and 615PM Maisie time (UK) ..BTW Maisie have dinner by then so you can listen to Master Brauchler..LOL Tuesday of next week...

Taking a 15 minute break now ( should be back around 645 EDT) ..and will come back and talk to Mr. Holmes...Ohh man that was even hard for me to type this evil soul!!

Watching a replay from earlier because I cant get current trial to load.

One part is where DT is questioning Gur about Dr. Reid's video and they are criticizing it saying he was suggesting answers to JH.

Some nerve she has. She didnt even have a video or hardly any notes.

She has some nerve crisizing when she didnt even do 1/5th of the interviewing he did. Dr. Reid was amazing to me.

Wow judge is saying he reviewed a statute that when the jury deliberates the alternates need to be sequestered. He is interpreting it as keeping them in the courthouse away from the jury members that are active.

I think it is correct that the alternates cannot be present during deliberations but I am not sure why they could not just be sent home and told to not talk to anyone like normal.

Kinda strange they have to be present in the courthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine