CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh Just wish to remind you all..Court will resume Friday morning at 9AM their time which is 11AM EDT..or 4PM Maisie-time...

I'm from Canada..DP was outlawed back in 1976 which means it's been 49 years ago..So I have no problem with LWOP...But since DP is on the table..I have not problem since it's still on their books..BUT actual chances of coming to fruition is next to 0%..because of appeals and decades of it..and likelihood of having DP verdicts being vacated and become LWOP...

In JH's case..I truly do not want the families to have to endure that roller coaster..BUT I know it will in the end up only inflicting more pain on them!! ...

These are juror's local..and just may render DP..(tho I feel it will never happen)

It's coming down to some states making changes to methods..DP by Firing Squad?? Yikes reminisce of mid 20th century??? Some states are considering hanging again..Oh talk about recalling the OLD DAYZ!!

39 years. I graduated 1976 getting emails about 40th reunion e

I'll be there!!!!
She got me a newer kindle~~trying to figure things out!!!😆

Ohhh Just wish to remind you all..Court will resume Friday morning at 9AM their time which is 11AM EDT..or 4PM Maisie-time...

I always feel so special when 'Maisie time' is added in to the list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh my gosh, Josie- I know of JJ & follow Chipper on FB & got books for my family at Christmas!
Is there a thread on WS for this?

I have no idea, nor do I know how to do that!!!! Great idea. I am having a terrible eye issue focusing so it will take me some time to figure out how to do that.

I did get a note back from Chipper, she is such a talented dog! She said that the FB page to send messages to JJ is called

Be Brave with JJ! (7 yr old battling cancer) The entire story is there!

I am glad you are following JJ too! There is a new fund raiser, and JJ is actually going to make some drawings and then Chipper is going to put a paw print on them!!!

Due to matters out of my control, I have not been able to keep up with this trial. However, I do intend to view it on youtube at some point in the near future.

If the case has gotten to this point, can someone tell me how JH, or the defense, explains that he managed to acquire the expensive equipment and weapons that were in his possession? I heard he had appx $30,000 worth of armor, vests, weapons and artillery. So, of course, I wonder where he got that kind of money to purchase these items or was it mostly stolen. If so, from whom?

I caught a glance of JH on livestream one day, I think he has shaved his hair to lose the orange joker persona. Thank you, in advance. Your kindness is appreciated.

My best regards to the victims' families. May it give them some comfort to know many have stood in the gap for them during this painful phase.

I have been lurking in this thread since day 1, just kinda shy and was following some other things closely, plus my own life.

I seriously question whether JH even has full-blown schizo-affective disorder because of the competence with which he managed to complete tasks in a timely manner, do well in school until a certain point, date, go to the gym, etc.

I suffer [medicated and controlled] bipolar disorder II, major depression, anxiety and PTSD. I do not have any hallucinations or auditory stuff, or delusions of grandeur, but in the couple of minor hypo-manic episodes I've experienced my whole head is like a snow-globe of ideas being shaken around. I'll think of myriad things I can/want to do, list them, and get absolutely nothing done. I cannot fathom being in a full-on psychotic break and managing half of what JH did.

I am happy in my little life, it's not perfect, my house isn't always clean, sometimes my two beautiful boys have chicken nuggets for dinner and hubby has to wear mis-matched socks but on my controlled medicated plan I am ableto function for the most part [still dealing with some of the anxiety/depression]. I cannot, in any way believe that someone who did everything JH did was suffering from a condition far more severe and debilitating than the hypomania I've had the nightmare of experiencing.

He knew exactly what he was doing and was absolutely malingering.

As for high IQ and mental illness Dr. Dur [my funny pun, corny, I know] should know better than almost anyone that the two are commonly comorbid [come hand in hand]. My IQ is above 150 and it does nothing to help alleviate any of my mental health issues-- if anything it is a hindrance.

JH may be mentally ill but he was very much sane when he acted in that theater and as he made his preparations.

Thank you to all who tweeted the trial for those of us who couldn't follow live. It's been my nightly reading for weeks. I hope justice is served in this case and this man remains in the penal system [though, of course, treated for what mental illness he does have], until he expires.

Due to matters out of my control, I have not been able to keep up with this trial. However, I do intend to view it on youtube at some point in the near future.

If the case has gotten to this point, can someone tell me how JH, or the defense, explains that he managed to acquire the expensive equipment and weapons that were in his possession? I heard he had appx $30,000 worth of armor, vests, weapons and artillery. So, of course, I wonder where he got that kind of money to purchase these items or was it mostly stolen. If so, from whom?

I caught a glance of JH on livestream one day, I think he has shaved his hair to lose the orange joker persona. Thank you, in advance. Your kindness is appreciated.

My best regards to the victims' families. May it give them some comfort to know many have stood in the gap for them during this painful phase.

I don't think it was quite that much... I believe it was somewhere in the $10,000-$15,000 range. But he paid for most of it with a credit card over the span of several months and then paid off the CC after making each purchase with money he had saved (I believe a large portion was previously being held in an IRA of some sort) & he also used funds that were awarded thru a grant/scholarship/stipend for school. If I recall correctly... (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LyndyLoo

I think Dr. Gur is DELUSIONAL as she somehow doesn't remember..deny's JH was angry or full of HATE...Yikes..It was just impersonal ..that's not the same as hate or anger????????

Selective memory to suit her diagnosis...SMH

YES! IMO, she pretends to recall what GB asks her about-BUT, when he asks details, she says "I do not remember that. He did not bring it up with me. I didn't ask him about that". WTH?
Not only are her notes not detailed enough to support her opinion, neither is her head! What DID she actually DO to help the defense to earn her boatload of $$?

She came to Colorado to see the patient, to diagnose him, and to testify at trial. So, she gets to work, reads however much she chooses -- I assume she saw the shortcomings (in her view) that the ones before her had done, and she stood up, straightened her skirts, and sat down to do a proper job of it.

She saw the patient -- prolly got only a little way down the road with him -- read more, saw Reid's films and prolly laffed and shook her head in pity at his almost getting it right -- decided JH was indeed schizophrenic right then & there -- she was a leading expert, doncha know -- and talked with the poor insane young man some more -- she knew what he had done, surely the work of a madman, and she looked for it in him & saw it. Period.

She handed her notes to a Fellow or a grad student -- one of her most promising -- and had her notes expanded as she talked with the Fellow to fill in the gaps. The Fellow agreed with all she said -- she was an expert in the field, ya know -- and wrote it up.

She looked at his brain pics, compared with the test group -- uh oh, look at the size of those ventricles -- no doubt -- just as I thought -- and that pathetic little amygdala, too. I'll pronounce him schizophrenic and insane and the world will change. Those who blew the diagnosis will realize where they were wrong, poor fools, and by the way, I don't wanna talk to Feinstein or Fenton, either -- they don't deserve my drawing a breath to converse. She finalizes her stuff, goes back to Colorado -- make sure his meds are right, people can be so careless -- talks with him again, yep he's got a case to beat all cases, what a waste of a good IQ, he was looking at neuroscience -- he might have come to work with me if he weren't insane -- pity, that one. Oh, it's time to take the stand -- outta my way, dobie, the Doctor is In. :D

jmho

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
For those keeping track, Gur has been on the witness stand more than 40 minutes so far today. #theatershooting

Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching.

I went and cooked some pasta bolognese for dinner while King was up. It was way more fun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ymmmm -- I'll be at your house in a few.

I stated ealier that there is no agreement on how to do volumetry on the amygdala--inaccuracy of borders and variations among the population. She did use the MRI as a diagnostic tool. She testified that his amygdala, hippocampus and another areas were smaller than normal and this supported her diagnosis of schizophrenia. Also a drop in IQ from 123 to 117 is insignificant and could be due to inherent error in the test. If he went from 123 to 100 that could be significant.

Oh, it's so encouraging to have you here to set us (me) straight about these things. Somehow I didn't think that a 6-point drop was all that significant -- he could have just not given a damm about the test, or he didn't sleep well the night before, or someone could have weed in his Wheaties.

And thanks much for leveling telemetry use and on using the MRI as her diagnostic tool -- "a rose by any other name..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater