CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 8m8 minutes ago
Martin Barrett, Holmes' NorCal fam friend, on #theatershooting stand. Talking about Holmes' mellow demeanor. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1SG2nAy

when defense asks these friends/family, 'do you support the holmes family & james?' does that mean that these people have no problem that jh is a convicted mass murderer?

Didn't the coach lady yesterday day that the shooter wasn't a good runner? Now this witness is saying he was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when defense asks these friends/family, 'do you support the holmes family & james?' does that mean that these people have no problem that jh is a convicted mass murderer?

I have no idea but it truly creeps me out.....

Didn't the coach lady yesterday day that the shooter wasn't a good runner? Now this witness is saying he was?

I have a tendency to believe the coach--and she placed him LAST

These witnesses are testifying to the character of the parents! Strange way of a mitigation case, IMO. Seems the defense thru the whole trial, use everything & anything they can, again hoping something sticks.

Just for me, if I was asked to testify for someone I knew in grade school, high school, that became a mass murderer- I might have a problem doing that. Maybe these people are better people than me? I don't know.

These witnesses are testifying to the character of the parents! Strange way of a mitigation case, IMO. Seems the defense thru the whole trial, use everything & anything they can, again hoping something sticks.

Just for me, if I was asked to testify for someone I knew in grade school, high school, that became a mass murderer- I might have a problem doing that. Maybe these people are better people than me? I don't know.

This is just odd to me. You are correct, they are basically testifying about the parents (I try not to judge parents of criminals --- unless they deserve my disdain :blushing: ----this is just CRAZY

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
Big Barrett contingent take #theatershooting stand today. After Martin, wife Katherine was up. Now son Joseph. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1SG2nAy

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago  Longmont, CO
Kathy Barrett, Martin Barrett's wife and another former neighbor of JH, describes him as shy but happy as a kid. #theatershooting

The defense calls Patrick Silva Phil Tenser

The defence are showing that the shooter had an unremarkable upbringing. Plenty of friends. Joined in with activities. No abuse or trauma. No bullying. Kind to everyone.

What went wrong?

Mental illness kicked in.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 55s56 seconds ago
Thx @IrishMason! Means a lot. I'll throw a #FF at @SentinelBrandon too. If you're following #theatershooting & not him you're doing it wrong

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago  Longmont, CO
After Joseph Barrett, defense called Patrick Silva, a former classmate. Asked to point him out, says: "Yeah, that's Jimmy.: #theatershooting

Sounds like his problems all started when he wasn't accepted into the programs he applied for..ended up living at parents home..He became angry with life as it's obvious up until then..he had never experienced rejections before...then parents told him to get job instead of hanging around the house playing video games...thats when he went to work at the Pill factory...

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 4m4 minutes ago
Patrick Silva on #theatershooting stand. On b-ball/soccer/XC teams w/ Holmes & respected him "in sports arena." Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1SG2nAy

Sounds like his problems all started when he wasn't accepted into the programs he applied for..ended up living at parents home..He became angry with life as it's obvious up until then..he had never experienced rejections before...then parents told him to get job instead of hanging around the house playing video games...thats when he went to work at the Pill factory...

YUP that's where I'm going with this testimony

getting tired of them asking if he was "mean"---because JULY 2012 he was very very mean.....
I would truly hate sitting in the courtroom as a victim.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 42s42 seconds ago
@xxxxxxx Showing distant past may be defense laying groundwork for argument that #theatershooting was completely out of Holmes' character

ago

Hearsay objection to question about if Robert Holmes expressed concern about his son 7news

bbm

That should work nicely, doncha think??!! Seems to me, I remember a guy named Bundy who won the hearts of many, even on the days after her raped & killed and even before and on the day of another rape/kill. There were people who were encouraging him to run for office. He was smart, too, and a good student. He just had that one little quirk.

He was convicted for the Chi-O murders in 1979 and for Leach in 1980, both with the DP as sentence. Florida took care of him fairly quickly, even with his many appeals, etc. The US Supreme Court turned down his case, so that was that. He was executed in the electric chair in January, 1989. So Bundy had 10 years in prison in FL before being executed. This Bundy digression is mainly to show the quickness with which The Sunshine State executed this man, and to show the Jekyll/Hyde persona of another person who was cruel and heinous when he committed rape/murder, again and again and again.

YUP that's where I'm going with this testimony

Boy the guy speaking about the JV is really trying to make "Jimmy" look good. Also seems to think alot of himself...Mr. Silva that is. I wonder if these stooges for the defense are just anti dp??? Some in previous days seem almost hostile to be there.

Are these witnesses testifying for "Jimmy", the ones that the defense wanted delay the trial because of their scheduling (vacation) issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17